Poope Francis Blesses Homosexual Unions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
I'd question their salvation. But, if a person worships in a Catholic Church, but ultimately knows that Jesus is the only righteousness they can have, I believe they're saved.
Can a person truly worship in a Catholic Church and not follow their gospel?

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
This is obviously an very important subject for Christians, which requires much clarification.

Why is there no mention of homosexuality in the ten commandments and in Christ's Sermon on the Mount, the Beatitudes? As far as I am aware.

I do not know much of other major religions but is there direct forbiddance in their texts and teachings?

My own stance is I believe in one man, one woman marriage and in the traditional family unit. This is what I believe the Bible teaches.

Yet there is no guidance of any alternative way, but does that necessarily mean other ways are sinful?
I think that there are a lot of pastors and rc priests that have led many to think that the ten commandments were far and above all others while the others were perhaps obsolete.
Certainly the 7th Day Adventist and Hebrew Roots religions do plainly focus on those.

The truth is that sodomy (not gay), as the Bible calls it, is refered to as an abomination as are those who practice this especially reprehensible sin.

The normal person is not tempted by it.
When I go shopping for underwear, I don't get tempted to burn in lust towards some model wearing briefs: Not even close.
Normal temptations cover all categories, but there are a few that are not temptations.

I Corinthians 10 says,
"13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

Since homosexuality is not a temptation that is common to man, then who is tempted by such?

Those of the cities in the plain located where Lot chose to settle. Romans chapter 1 describes those who go through a transition until God gives them over to a reprobate mind. They get to a point to where they will not get saved. God is not focussing upon that category to get them the blessings of salvation. He is more interested in parents protecting their children from such offenders as those in the video below.

Some pastors stupidly say that people indulge in homosexuality because they are single and must get married in order to prevent that sin. They must be speaking for their own warped proclivities that are like the poopes because absolutely no normal man in their congregation agrees. However I have heard with my own ears wicked pastors blame celibacy for the reason so many RC priests are rapists. Nothing is further from the truth.
Link to safe site about the subject:
Queers are like...

know1

Aug 27, 2012
Poope Francis Blesses Homosexual Unions
(Approx. 4+ minutes)

Catholic news broadcast, Life Site News reports Official Declaration, that cannot be reversed, from Francis telling his priests to bless homosexual couples. Head of Life Site News, John Westen says, "pope Francis who is showing himself every day to be a false prophet."
Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
I'd question their salvation. But, if a person worships in a Catholic Church, but ultimately knows that Jesus is the only righteousness they can have, I believe they're saved.
I think Catholics get saved. I've seen Catholics get saved, just like protestants get saved. However, they will not grow
under unregenerate RC priests or protestant pastors. They will remain out of fellowship with God and eventually die and go to heaven anyway.
Some believers choose being miserable with familiar environment in which they were raised over the changes that God tells them to make in order to walk with Him.
I suspect that most believers don't even read their Bibles from cover to cover searching for God's will. That puts people outside their path of least resistance comfort zone.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
I certainly agree.
What about it know1?
Are you referring to the poope or the Catholic news guy speaking against his unholy father?

know1

Aug 27, 2012
I certainly agree.
What about it know1?
Are you referring to the poope or the Catholic news guy speaking against his unholy father?
Stupid thing wouldn't let me edit what accidentally got sent. I'll try to redo the post that was intended to be sent.
Nope, it won't even let me send 10 verses. Says I'm going over 10,000 words.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
I certainly agree.
What about it know1?
The system wouldn't let me paste six versus so I sent only one. And the point I was trying to make about poop Francis is that the enemy, which is of course the devil, sowed his seed/ tares among the wheat, or in the churches. And Jesus warned about false prophets posing as sheep but inwardly are ravening wolves.
I thought both of those parables describe the guy.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
The system wouldn't let me paste six versus so I sent only one. And the point I was trying to make about poop Francis is that the enemy, which is of course the devil, sowed his seed/ tares among the wheat, or in the churches. And Jesus warned about false prophets posing as sheep but inwardly are ravening wolves.
Thanks! It's good to learn your opinion on this. I hate it when Google correct or whichever software changes and limits what we say. I got temporarily banned from YouTube sharing a blessing so I know how frustrating that can be.

I reluctantly posted the RC news caster because he featured the story first in my news feed and hit the issue directly this time. Plus our RC members might listen to him being in their own church.
I hope that their members will consider the Bible, like the passage you quoted and reject Rome hierarchy as their source of truth.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
When I see the emoticons in places, it makes me think. It's not like there's ever an honest to God head of the denomination who has been doing the Lord's will.
Rather than being upset or sad about this reprobate false prophet, it's a good thing IMHO that he's coming out of his closet so that church might get slapped up side their heads with that realization. I came out of that apostate false religious system when someone cared enough to share the Gospel Truth with me. I've been grateful ever since and got to witness to my immediate family and relatives. I hope the same for the closet Catholic neighbors here too.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I think Catholics get saved. I've seen Catholics get saved, just like protestants get saved. However, they will not grow
under unregenerate RC priests or protestant pastors. They will remain out of fellowship with God and eventually die and go to heaven anyway.
Some believers choose being miserable with familiar environment in which they were raised over the changes that God tells them to make in order to walk with Him.
I suspect that most believers don't even read their Bibles from cover to cover searching for God's will. That puts people outside their path of least resistance comfort zone.
Eh... thoughtful post. Hard to argue with it.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
I don't know. Not Catholic, and I haven't interviewed those folks I believe were saved.
So then again, We should not judge if a person is saved or not, if we do not know what they believe.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
I have seen this too. They are saved because someone outside the church led them to christ. But they are so engrained in their religion. They can not leave. I had one tell me she would not leave because she needs to lead her church to christ.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
So then again, We should not judge if a person is saved or not, if we do not know what they believe.
We all have our opinions. Some people seem saved, so I assume they are. Obviously I do not know beyond the shadow of all doubt. No one does.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
I have seen this too. They are saved because someone outside the church led them to christ. But they are so engrained in their religion. They can not leave. I had one tell me she would not leave because she needs to lead her church to christ.
I know what you mean.
That never works.
After I was saved I started attending a good Baptist church. The pastor eventually went to the mission field and we chose a new one. The new one allowed many evangelists, missionaries in to teach false gospels. I let him know my problem with that from time to time from the Bible. Eventually he became adamant that all those different gospels were right. I eventually left the church. It was tough because that was my family. I earned their respect and even now I occasionally run into a parent in the store who asks me to get aquatinted with their single daughter because they'd like to see them get married and have kids.
The thing is that, unless the church unifies to remove a heretical pastor, it will not change. They normally require the leadership to do it and he's the one persuading them from the pulpit every service.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Ideology replaces faith... the man's a moron. I hope that's not sinful to say, but I cannot think of another way to comment on his thinking process.

If it's not a split, I hope the powers that be in that church toss his behind out. He's doing the kind of stuff Paul warned about.