A
AquaLady331
Guest
When you are asked to name the things you love, I should hope that God is in the top there but.....how long does it take you to name yourself?
This is not meant to feed the narcissist.
Look around you. Read all the posts and the blogs about relationships gone wrong and life taking wicked turns, despite an innate need to do the right thing. Many of us even say we love everything God created, as we look out on the world, trying to focus on all the bright spots God left there for us. Some of us love "too easily" and get walked all over while others take a lifetime to understand "love". Both types come back to God and ask "why did this happen?". The first group claims they loved like they were told... everybody, everything. The second group struggles harder because they just could never attach and they don't know why.
God is in all of us. If you see it, its further troubling if you don't name yourself right after God. Why not? You are His vessel. He made you, he named you, he knows every intimate detail and he's there, if you just choose to see him.
We run around in circles chasing love, feeling good about all the efforts we put into people and Creation, but if our efforts fail or go unnoticed, we are lost and we think love is lost. You stop right there in your tracks. "Are you with me God?" Do you even need to ask? You are you. He tells us over and over in the Text, that he's there, he is in us. Give your self a hug because you are still carrying around the greatest love!
Take some time to romance (to get to know) that vessel of God you have. You can cook it a nice dinner, give a spa day, treat it well, and remind it every day how loved it is. Hold full conversations with it and LISTEN. Laugh about the idea, if you like. It's almost like having an imaginary friend....but it's not imaginary, as it's the realest thing you will have your whole life. Your whole life.
The love of God, the romance with God, starts with you. Do it right. Present your best to yourself everyday.
At first, you might start with the external. That's okay. Run that comb through your hair an extra 10 times, if you like. We are human, we first tend to believe what we can see. Are you envisioning a person leaning towards a mirror and saying "I love you"? Add ",God!"
While you sit alone in that hour long bath with scents floating in the air, candles burning, and music playing, don't think about anyone but you.
Here's the challenge.... Ask these questions(and feel free to add more if you are reading this):
-why am I here?
-what am I looking for in this relationship?
-what makes me who i am today?
-how do I handle all that's going on in my life?
-what's important to me?
... you add now. Sometimes one question takes the whole hour to work out. Sometimes it takes days, months, years. When you see the point in it all, it will take you seconds, but don't rush!
I could go on all day because it took me a very long time to find the right answers. The tougher the questions got, the more I would beat myself up over what i believed the answer was. That's because I kept answering them wrong. This is your cheat sheet, here. I can give you the answer but you will have to show your work in how to get to it yourself.
The answer is universal. Have you guessed it?
GOD. and....if GOD is the answer and he's in me.... Ding ding ding.... I love Him/Me First and I can truly love everything else as he does!!
That's how I know I'm special. That's how I know it's okay to love everything about me. God told me to love him first and foremost and I know where to find him!! Do you?
**Please know that I failed this Pop Quiz for decades because I thought I was supposed to love everything and everybody else first. My relationships ....all of them...especially my relationship with God suffered. I'm still learning.
This is not meant to feed the narcissist.
Look around you. Read all the posts and the blogs about relationships gone wrong and life taking wicked turns, despite an innate need to do the right thing. Many of us even say we love everything God created, as we look out on the world, trying to focus on all the bright spots God left there for us. Some of us love "too easily" and get walked all over while others take a lifetime to understand "love". Both types come back to God and ask "why did this happen?". The first group claims they loved like they were told... everybody, everything. The second group struggles harder because they just could never attach and they don't know why.
God is in all of us. If you see it, its further troubling if you don't name yourself right after God. Why not? You are His vessel. He made you, he named you, he knows every intimate detail and he's there, if you just choose to see him.
We run around in circles chasing love, feeling good about all the efforts we put into people and Creation, but if our efforts fail or go unnoticed, we are lost and we think love is lost. You stop right there in your tracks. "Are you with me God?" Do you even need to ask? You are you. He tells us over and over in the Text, that he's there, he is in us. Give your self a hug because you are still carrying around the greatest love!
Take some time to romance (to get to know) that vessel of God you have. You can cook it a nice dinner, give a spa day, treat it well, and remind it every day how loved it is. Hold full conversations with it and LISTEN. Laugh about the idea, if you like. It's almost like having an imaginary friend....but it's not imaginary, as it's the realest thing you will have your whole life. Your whole life.
The love of God, the romance with God, starts with you. Do it right. Present your best to yourself everyday.
At first, you might start with the external. That's okay. Run that comb through your hair an extra 10 times, if you like. We are human, we first tend to believe what we can see. Are you envisioning a person leaning towards a mirror and saying "I love you"? Add ",God!"
While you sit alone in that hour long bath with scents floating in the air, candles burning, and music playing, don't think about anyone but you.
Here's the challenge.... Ask these questions(and feel free to add more if you are reading this):
-why am I here?
-what am I looking for in this relationship?
-what makes me who i am today?
-how do I handle all that's going on in my life?
-what's important to me?
... you add now. Sometimes one question takes the whole hour to work out. Sometimes it takes days, months, years. When you see the point in it all, it will take you seconds, but don't rush!
I could go on all day because it took me a very long time to find the right answers. The tougher the questions got, the more I would beat myself up over what i believed the answer was. That's because I kept answering them wrong. This is your cheat sheet, here. I can give you the answer but you will have to show your work in how to get to it yourself.
The answer is universal. Have you guessed it?
GOD. and....if GOD is the answer and he's in me.... Ding ding ding.... I love Him/Me First and I can truly love everything else as he does!!
That's how I know I'm special. That's how I know it's okay to love everything about me. God told me to love him first and foremost and I know where to find him!! Do you?
**Please know that I failed this Pop Quiz for decades because I thought I was supposed to love everything and everybody else first. My relationships ....all of them...especially my relationship with God suffered. I'm still learning.