Pope Francis: 'There Is No Hell'

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
Whatever this pope says, do what many would do when listening to a politician, don't believe what is said. This Pope Francis seems to be showing more and more evidence of being a False Messenger. It is obvious to where his allegiance is.

The greatest method to deceive people that I can think of, is to have someone portrayed as harmless, someone that appears to be nothing but peaceful, but at same time knows how to twist truth and lies together, create a new message that satisfies what people want to hear. More and more, we are seeing the psychological conditioning of having people ready to accept "The Mark of The Beast"

Reality is, many people don't want to hear the real truth, many only want to hear a "adjusted truth" as long it doesn't offend or hurt their feelings. Apparently, in this day and age, peoples feelings are more important than telling the truth.

Welcome to the New World Order, where one can only speak fairy tales and nonsense, so as to avoid hurting the feelings of this generation of snowflakes and crybabies, because their whole foundation cannot support the truth, and when these snowflakes/crybabies hear the truth, they risk having a mental breakdown because they cannot cope with reality, and therefore need to have to be told fairy tales as their foundation is only strong enough to support fairy tales, not real truth.

You know another reason why people don;t want to hear the "real truth"? because many people are too proud. Too proud that they don't want to admit that everything they have been taught is just fairy tales. Not only too proud, but they have no backbone. It takes a lot of courage for a man/woman to realize what they have learned in many of their years is wrong. And it takes more courage to admit it.

Dec 12, 2013
Whatever this pope says, do what many would do when listening to a politician, don't believe what is said. This Pope Francis seems to be showing more and more evidence of being a False Messenger. It is obvious to where his allegiance is.

The greatest method to deceive people that I can think of, is to have someone portrayed as harmless, someone that appears to be nothing but peaceful, but at same time knows how to twist truth and lies together, create a new message that satisfies what people want to hear. More and more, we are seeing the psychological conditioning of having people ready to accept "The Mark of The Beast"

Reality is, many people don't want to hear the real truth, many only want to hear a "adjusted truth" as long it doesn't offend or hurt their feelings. Apparently, in this day and age, peoples feelings are more important than telling the truth.

Welcome to the New World Order, where one can only speak fairy tales and nonsense, so as to avoid hurting the feelings of this generation of snowflakes and crybabies, because their whole foundation cannot support the truth, and when these snowflakes/crybabies hear the truth, they risk having a mental breakdown because they cannot cope with reality, and therefore need to have to be told fairy tales as their foundation is only strong enough to support fairy tales, not real truth.

You know another reason why people don;t want to hear the "real truth"? because many people are too proud. Too proud that they don't want to admit that everything they have been taught is just fairy tales. Not only too proud, but they have no backbone. It takes a lot of courage for a man/woman to realize what they have learned in many of their years is wrong. And it takes more courage to admit it.
He has...

a. Met with top Muslims, Jews and contemporary Christian (so called) leaders in Jerusalem
b. Bowed to and Kissed the Koran and embraced Islam and Muslims
c. Placed his word above God and the bible
d. Seeking to unite all faiths
e. Saying and writing stuff that reeks of a false Prophet
f. Seeking to unite Greek Orthodox and Roman Catholics under one banner
etc.

In my view he will be the false Prophet and is fast moving into that position

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016
I believe that there is a hell...at the same time whether you believe
or don't believe there is a hell but love God with all your heart and soul
and are saved doesn't disqualify you from eternal life

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I believe that there is a hell...at the same time whether you believe or don't believe there is a hell but love God with all your heart and soul and are saved doesn't disqualify you from eternal life
You need to think about this a little more carefully. If a person loves God, he believes God and Christ. So if Christ revealed that there is a Hell, loving God means believing the Lord Jesus Christ. Only God Himself could authoritatively tell us whether there is a Heaven and a Hell.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
First of all, Revelation is not all figurative or symbolic. This teaching is in fact the major reason why people misinterpret Revelation. A good rule of thumb when reading Revelation is that, if the plain literal sense makes good sense, then don't seek any other sense.
​How am I supposed to take anything you say as serious after this paragraph. The woman and the male child: The beast rising out of the sea: The seven candlesticks: Out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: He had in his right hand seven stars: John eating the little book. Revelation is rife with symbolism.

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016
You need to think about this a little more carefully. If a person loves God, he believes God and Christ. So if Christ revealed that there is a Hell, loving God means believing the Lord Jesus Christ. Only God Himself could authoritatively tell us whether there is a Heaven and a Hell.
Well when we surrender completely to God's will we become a new creation
the Spirit is fully in us and we have an intimate relationship with God and
while we sit in His arms, we think only of His love and eternity...no worldly
thing really matters.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
​How am I supposed to take anything you say as serious after this paragraph. The woman and the male child: The beast rising out of the sea: The seven candlesticks: Out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: He had in his right hand seven stars: John eating the little book. Revelation is rife with symbolism.

Regarding the above, and as I said in the previous post (now read closely) "If the plain literal sense makes good sense, then don't seek any other sense." Did you understand that? Therefore, regarding your mention of the woman and her giving birth to a male child and the enormous red dragon with seven heads, ten horns and seven crowns, do these appear to be in the plain literal sense or symbolic? There are two parts to that rule of thumb, which you obviously didn't get, as you only saw the literal part. These two subjects are obviously to be received as being symbolic. But as I said, just because these are symbolic doesn't mean that everything else in Revelation is. Do you understand this?

Likewise, the double edged sword is also not to be taken literally, because the plain literal sense does not make good sense here. Therefore, we must conclude that it is symbolic. And we know from Heb.4:12 and Eph.6:17, that the double-edged sword symbolically represents the spoken word of God.

My point to you, is to not interpret everything in Revelation as symbolic, because when you do that, you distort the meaning of the information that is not symbolic.

How is it that you just looked at only one side of that rule of thumb and ignored the other?

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2017
hahahaha, nothing suprise me when it comes to the catholics. this is the same people who belive in [h=1]Purgatory and are praying to saints, angels and mary after all[/h]

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
In another interview with his longtime atheist friend, Eugenio Scalfari, Pope Francis claims that Hell does not exist and that condemned souls just "disappear." This is a denial of the 2,000-year-old teaching of the Catholic Church about the reality of Hell and the eternal existence of the soul.

The interview between Scalfari and the Pope was published March 28, 2018 in La Repubblica. The relevant section on Hell was translated by the highly respected web log, Rorate Caeli.

The interview is headlined, "The Pope: It is an honor to be called revolutionary." (Il Papa: “È un onore essere chiamato rivoluzionario.")

Scalfari says to the Pope, "Your Holiness, in our previous meeting you told me that our species will disappear in a certain moment and that God, still out of his creative force, will create new species. You have never spoken to me about the souls who died in sin and will go to hell to suffer it for eternity. You have however spoken to me of good souls, admitted to the contemplation of God. But what about bad souls? Where are they punished?"

Pope Francis says, "They are not punished, those who repent obtain the forgiveness of God and enter the rank of souls who contemplate him, but those who do not repent and cannot therefore be forgiven disappear. There is no hell, there is the disappearance of sinful souls."

Full Article: https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/pope-francis-there-no-hell
he work for the devil.

The devil trust him to be his agent. The devil give him money and fame, but he bring him and his follower straight to hell.

He is the antichrist, he or his successor behind new world order.

Kavik

Mar 25, 2017
Not trying to defend the Pope here, but, I gotta ask......has anyone actually read the article and commentaries from La Repubblica?

He was paraphrased by the editor, Eugenio Scalfari, who is a self-proclaimed atheist who has purposely misquoted and misrepresented the Pope's words after private audiences on several occasions.

This appears to be just another one of those occasions.

People are jumping to an awful lot of conclusions and unfortunately, such "news" just fuels the fire of anti-Catholic sentiment.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
But that is the Catholic Hell. You can find no clear statement of it in the Bible which does NOT teach the immortality of the soul
Only God is immortal.

Dec 12, 2013
Not trying to defend the Pope here, but, I gotta ask......has anyone actually read the article and commentaries from La Repubblica?

He was paraphrased by the editor, Eugenio Scalfari, who is a self-proclaimed atheist who has purposely misquoted and misrepresented the Pope's words after private audiences on several occasions.

This appears to be just another one of those occasions.

People are jumping to an awful lot of conclusions and unfortunately, such "news" just fuels the fire of anti-Catholic sentiment.
If the boot fits.........and the things I have referenced I have seen personally.....and I seriously doubt that Budman or anyone else would just fire unfounded statements about Catholic dogma and or statements by the Pope so as to "fuel anti-Catholic" sentiment.

Dec 12, 2013
Funny we are posting on this and this story is on coming up on Fox NEWS next.....

Feb 7, 2017
Let God be true, but every man a liar (Rom 3.4). There is Hell (Matthew 25.41). Except that, hell, isn't what the people thinks.

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
LOL the good living creatures of rev 4.8 also 'find no rest day or night' = same Greek phrase. Are they in Hell too?

It doesn't say "find" no rest day or night. It says, "day and night, they never stop saying, 'Holy Holy Holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come' ".

It also says nothing about them being in hell. You really love to carve up the Scriptures, don't you?

And again, the Antichrist is a human man who will establish a 7 year covenant with the Jews (Daniel 9)

The "man of lawlessness" who "exalts himself", who "takes a seat in the Temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God." (2 Thessalonians 2:1-12).

valiant

Mar 22, 2015
It doesn't say "find" no rest day or night. It says, "day and night, they never stop saying, 'Holy Holy Holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come' ".
In the Greek both phrases are the same. 'They never stop' and 'they find no rest'

It also says nothing about them being in hell.
who said it did?

You really love to carve up the Scriptures, don't you?
No but I love the truth of Scripture

And again, the Antichrist is a human man who will establish a 7 year covenant with the Jews (Daniel 9)
It was the Messiah who made a COVENANT with Israel in that passage

the man of lawlessness" who "exalts himself", who "takes a seat in the Temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God." (2 Thessalonians 2:1-12).
That was the Roman emperor.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
That was the Roman emperor.
There was no Roman emperor who sat in the Temple at Jerusalem. More fantasy from those who do not understand that God will hand over all the nations of the earth to the real Antichrist for three and a half years (42 months) in the future.

And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. (Rev 13:5,6).

valiant

Mar 22, 2015
There was no Roman emperor who sat in the Temple at Jerusalem. More fantasy from those who do not understand that God will hand over all the nations of the earth to the real Antichrist for three and a half years (42 months) in the future.

Who said it was the temple in Jerusalem?. That is your surmise. You are good at spouting your position and not the truth.

And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty
and two months. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
(Rev 13:5,6).
That is exactly what the emperor did.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
He has...

a. Met with top Muslims, Jews and contemporary Christian (so called) leaders in Jerusalem
b. Bowed to and Kissed the Koran and embraced Islam and Muslims
c. Placed his word above God and the bible
d. Seeking to unite all faiths
e. Saying and writing stuff that reeks of a false Prophet
f. Seeking to unite Greek Orthodox and Roman Catholics under one banner
etc.

In my view he will be the false Prophet and is fast moving into that position

I totally agree. Ever since he became "Pope" I have believed this.