I agree....I have found that the more we gave them the law - the more the sin manifested. We can stop doing something by our own will-power for awhile but eventually it will come back. But when we walk by the Spirit then the flesh with the law of sin in it ( rom. 7:20,23 ) loses it's power to deceive us. His life within us is what keeps us now.
I found that I was focusing on myself in trying not to sin and I wasn't really relying on Christ within me but on myself. Big difference and now learning about living by grace through faith in Christ's finished work - I live a holier life then I ever dreamed possible before. Thank you Jesus.
The true Christian wants to live godly because that is their true nature within them as a new creation in Christ.
It tickles me to death when you post in your own words and experience because it usually finally makes me understand what you're saying! And I usually agree with you and get some clearer understanding of a phrase that I have begun to just ignore because I don't understand it or what it means no matter how many times I hear it repeated. And even if I still don't understand a phrase, I am able to better understand what it means to YOU then., which leads to me being able to make a connection to my own experience of living out of the gospel in my own life and experience. All that to just say...it is a true blessing to me when you use the parable of your own everyday life, in your own words, in simple black and white! A real blessing!