Post Something From Your Childhood

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jb1616

I grew up with dogs n cats, woods n creeks, bicycles n friends, oh and that picture of the big wheel ohh.....yeah...... Many a day i was up and out the door right after breakfast. Not to return until supper time, bout dark. I've milked cows, churned butter, plucked chicken feathers and gathered fresh eggs. Growing up out in the country was fantastic! Sorry there's no pictures but it is seared on my mind.

J

jeremyPJ

https://youtu.be/lm-4uQ0z_ok

"Clackers" from late 60s- early 70s

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MollyConnor

I grew up with dogs n cats, woods n creeks, bicycles n friends, oh and that picture of the big wheel ohh.....yeah...... Many a day i was up and out the door right after breakfast. Not to return until supper time, bout dark. I've milked cows, churned butter, plucked chicken feathers and gathered fresh eggs. Growing up out in the country was fantastic! Sorry there's no pictures but it is seared on my mind.
I loved it! Even though you didn't have a picture, it was awesomely descriptive!

M

MollyConnor

[video=youtube;nG7T9q48ggQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG7T9q48ggQ[/video]

Hoku :eek: I loved the movie Snow Day!

shineyourlight

May 25, 2015
Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 5.58.24 AM.jpg

The moment you spent an entire Saturday afternoon playing this and you lose all your lives on the last level.

The struggle was real.

M

Miri

https://youtu.be/lm-4uQ0z_ok

"Clackers" from late 60s- early 70s

I remember them, nearly broke my wrists with them. Lol

Can you honestly imagine health and safety agreeing to such a toy these days.:)

J

jeremyPJ

Miri, I thought of that while i was putting the pics here lol...they would surely cause a fuss these days.

Worst thing that could happen back then, was clacking them during class, and getting them taken away til the end of the day.
Now, someone would hurt themselves, and they'd sue and get them pulled off the market.
My, how times have changed.

peacenik

May 11, 2016
As I mentioned before, my childhood was less than happy.

But there were a few good moments, mostly from my involvement with sports. Perhaps the highlight of my youth was watching these great heroes:

The 1961 NY Yankees. What a team!!

peacenik

May 11, 2016
irresistibly good stuff:

they just don't make them like they used to

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
My family was into board games. This was one of the oddest ones we had. You had to pass your ships through the route, avoiding the part of the "storm" that had a magnet attachment that sucked up your ship.

bermuda triangle.jpg

May 26, 2016
I was a lot outside with my brother or a friend. We'd go through the pastures and jump over ditches, climbed trees for hours and took a bag with chips and cola with us. She still remembers. It was the best part of her youth she said. With my brother we also went with his moped and he'd make fires and stuff. Now I do these things with the kids. You can't even let them go out alone these days. When I was 8 we'd just walk 10 kilometers or more in the middle of nowhere.

May 26, 2016
When I was a child 1970s 1980s there was only three TV channels and only
a couple of well known children's TV programmes to choose from.

This was one of them :)

[video]https://youtu.be/u6_HLqQlre4[/video]
Yes 3 channels and on wednesday when we were free from school at 12 you could watch kids programs. I sometimes tell my kids that if they want to stay behind the tv. Outside you! I could only watch on wednesday. They liked the programs I watched as a kid. Visiting friends though were like: What on earth is this?