Post-Trib Model Failure -- Matthew 24:29 "After the tribulation.."

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

peterT

I honestly don't understand what you're trying to say. If you care to explain what you mean with these verses I'd be glad to respond.

Its printer much self-explanatory.

1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Jesus comes in the clouds. YES?

Jesus comes at the last trumpet. YES?

Jesus comes with the voice of the archangel. YES?

Jesus raises the dead first. YES?

There are two resurrections YES?

One for the just. And one for the unjust after the 1000 years.

Now go to Rv11.

Revelation 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. 12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them. 13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven. 14 The second woe is past; [and], behold, the third woe cometh quickly. 15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become [the kingdoms] of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Revelation 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

The two end time witnesses are killed by the beast.

Raised from the dead.

They heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither.

They are raised in the clouds.

At the last trumpet at the end of the tribulation.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:

THIS IS THE FIRST RESURRECTION

A

A-Omega

All you did was repeat yourself.

In Matthew 24:29, Jesus lists 4 events that will take place. I am stating that they are fulfilled at the 6th Seal. Do you agree with this statement? If no, where are they fulfilled?

P

peterT

All you did was repeat yourself.

In Matthew 24:29, Jesus lists 4 events that will take place. I am stating that they are fulfilled at the 6th Seal. Do you agree with this statement? If no, where are they fulfilled?
I can’t believe you can’t see what I was saying in my last post, but maybe we will get back to it later .

As for the sixth seal and Matt24:29 it looks to me like two completely different events. One is Immediately after the tribulation, and it seems to me the other is before the tribulation/mid-week.

The sixth seal is before the seventh seal, and in the seventh seal John saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets. And the seven trumpets sound during the tribulation, judging by the fifth angel/trumpet that sounded, hurt only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

Also the stars shall fall from heaven.
Rv12
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth

The devil was cast out mid-week and the third part of the stars were cast to the earth.

Also the moon became as blood in the sixth seal, but in matt24 and the moon shall not give her light

Two different moons, one is blood, and one is not give light.

And in the sixth seal And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together

An opening in the heavens so the devil can be cast out, and that is mid-week just before the last 3 ½ years.

So it seems to me the sixth seal is opened before the tribulation, were Matt24 says Immediately after the tribulation.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
In Matthew 24:29, Jesus lists 4 events that will take place. I am stating that they are fulfilled at the 6th Seal. Do you agree with this statement...
Matt 24v29 (with Matt 24v3) is dealing with events that takes place on the last day of this age (immediately after the Great Tribulation, Matt 24v21, Rev 7v14), the Age of Grace, the day when the Lord Jesus comes in great power and glory to destroy the wicked and to take His people home. The 6th and 7th Seals, the 7th Trumpet and the 7th Vial are also dealing with events on the last day of this age, when the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus occurs. Rev 6v12-17, 8v1, 11v15-19, 16v17-21 (with 1Cor 15v50-54, 1Thess 4v13-18, Titus 2v13). See also Rev 19v11-21.

It should be noted that the Book of Revelation (chapters 4-19) is not written in chronological order...

Yahweh Shalom...

P

peterT

Matt 24v29 (with Matt 24v3) is dealing with events that takes place on the last day of this age (immediately after the Great Tribulation, Matt 24v21, Rev 7v14), the Age of Grace, the day when the Lord Jesus comes in great power and glory to destroy the wicked and to take His people home. The 6th and 7th Seals, the 7th Trumpet and the 7th Vial are also dealing with events on the last day of this age, when the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus occurs. Rev 6v12-17, 8v1, 11v15-19, 16v17-21 (with 1Cor 15v50-54, 1Thess 4v13-18, Titus 2v13). See also Rev 19v11-21.

It should be noted that the Book of Revelation (chapters 4-19) is not written in chronological order...

Yahweh Shalom...
I would like to see you break that down bit by bit, and make it all fit.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
I would like to see you break that down bit by bit, and make it all fit.
I have already broken it down, putting it together is for you to do...

P

peterT

I have already broken it down, putting it together is for you to do...
Hi Jb.

I can see from the verses you quoted that you are a post-tribulation believing Christian, which in my mind ticks a lot of boxes about you.

But I can’t see how you get the trumpets sounding at the same time as the seals are opened.

As the last seal, the seventh seal, john saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets and then the trumpets sound.

C

Crossfire

Yahweh Shalom...

Exactly. The book of Revelation doesn't appear to be one long vision but rather a series of visions. However, if in fact it was a singular vision, then John was allowed to look at certain events through different angles / perspectives seeing as John describes the same people and / or events in different detail throughout.

A

A-Omega

I can’t believe you can’t see what I was saying in my last post, but maybe we will get back to it later .

As for the sixth seal and Matt24:29 it looks to me like two completely different events. One is Immediately after the tribulation, and it seems to me the other is before the tribulation/mid-week.
Where are the two events delineated? Where are you seeing this in scripture.

The sixth seal is before the seventh seal, and in the seventh seal John saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets. And the seven trumpets sound during the tribulation, judging by the fifth angel/trumpet that sounded, hurt only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
By the time the 6th Seal is opened, all of the signs listed by Jesus in that verse have been fulilled. So the 7th seal is not relevant.

Also the stars shall fall from heaven.
Rv12
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth

The devil was cast out mid-week and the third part of the stars were cast to the earth.
No. The devil is not cast out at the mid-point. He is cast out at the 6th seal. John sees three types of things in Revelation: things happening in Heaven while he is there, things happening on Earth as a result of what he sees taking place in Heaven and "wonders in Heaven" which are separate visions that are shown to him while he is in Heaven. Rev 12 is one such vision. He is seeing a narrative being shown to him in the form of symbols that is over a timeline. The woman, Israel was obviously existing before Christ came to Earth. The Man Child (Christ/church) is then showed being birthed. The Dragon tried to kill Jesus and He ascended and will try to kill the church but we will ascend to Heaven at the rapture. And then the vision continues because we see the dragon first pursues Israel, who flees and then goes after the Christians who are believers during the Great Trib/Day of The Lord. It's just logical:

16And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

If the church was just raptured at that moment, there would be no one left who keeps the testimony of Christ on earth. That is self-evident. Thus your interpretation could not possibly be valid. This vision is obviously a timeline, not a singular event. And the church is caught up at the 6th Seal.

Also the moon became as blood in the sixth seal, but in matt24 and the moon shall not give her light

Two different moons, one is blood, and one is not give light.
The moon does not generate its own light. It reflects light from the sun. During a lunar eclipse, the Earth blocks the sun's rays from hitting the moon, leaving it with a reddish hue (which is the Earth's shadow). Thus during a blood red moon the moon does not give its light. Same moon.

And in the sixth seal And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together

An opening in the heavens so the devil can be cast out, and that is mid-week just before the last 3 ½ years.

So it seems to me the sixth seal is opened before the tribulation, were Matt24 says Immediately after the tribulation.
Again, your interpretation is just way off. You are seeing "the tribulation" as a specific part of the end times chronology, and it's not. Looking at Luke 21 and Mark 13 makes it clear that the first 4 seals are not the end times. They are before the time of the end. This is from Jesus directly. The 5th seal takes place in Heaven. But the 6th Seal is where everything happens. It is obviosuly and clearly the start of the Day of The Lord. I think you are just getting caught up in the word "tribulation" but BIblically, the word does not have as much significance as people give it. There is "The Day of The Lord", "Great Tribulation" and "Daniels' 70th week." These are the main phrases used to describe the end times. "The tribulation of those days" is just a reference to the church age before the end times begin. Remember in the Revelation Chapter 1, John introduces himself by saying:

9I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation,

So he is acknowledhing that even back in the first century, the church was "in tribulation." So clealy, that term is not referring to the end times.

one more thing to consider. If you believe that the 2 witnesses are preaching in the first half of the 7 years (which I do), then we have an exact time marker of the timeline in Revelation:

11And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. 12And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
13And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
14The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.
15And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

So we know that the first 1,260 days in which the witnesses preach will end at the time of the 6th trumpet (which is called the "second woe" twice in Revelation). And right after their resurrection, the 7th angel sounds. So again, just going by the timeline the Bible provides, it is again impossible for the 6th Seal to be the midpoint of the 70th week. God bless.

A

A-Omega

Yahweh Shalom...

There is absolutely no Biblical support for this idea. Not to mention that Jesus states the order and everything is numbered. If you look at the text, the 7 angels who blow the trumpets do not even receive the trumpets until the 7th seal is opened.

Revelation 8 1And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour. 2And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.

Similarly, the 7 angels with the vials do not receive their vials until the 7th trumpet has sounded.

5And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened: 6And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.

See how the Bible has tried to make it clear these events are happening sequentially?? Thus any interpretation that mixes up the orders of the seals, trumpets and vials will always be wrong.

A

A-Omega

Exactly. The book of Revelation doesn't appear to be one long vision but rather a series of visions. However, if in fact it was a singular vision, then John was allowed to look at certain events through different angles / perspectives seeing as John describes the same people and / or events in different detail throughout.
It is a series of visions and events. Remember, there are things John sees (the throne, the elders, etc) that are not visions. He is actually seeing the real throne in Heaven. He actually sees angels singing. He sees the sealed book in the hand of The Lord. But he is also shown events that happen on Earth and shown "visions" while he is really in Heaven.

P

peterT

Where are the two events delineated? Where are you seeing this in scripture.

By the time the 6th Seal is opened, all of the signs listed by Jesus in that verse have been fulilled. So the 7th seal is not relevant.

No. The devil is not cast out at the mid-point. He is cast out at the 6th seal.
If the church was just raptured at that moment, there would be no one left who keeps the testimony of Christ on earth. That is self-evident. Thus your interpretation could not possibly be valid. This vision is obviously a timeline, not a singular event. And the church is caught up at the 6th Seal.

The moon does not generate its own light. It reflects light from the sun. During a lunar eclipse, the Earth blocks the sun's rays from hitting the moon, leaving it with a reddish hue (which is the Earth's shadow). Thus during a blood red moon the moon does not give its light. Same moon.

Again, your interpretation is just way off.
9I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation,

So he is acknowledhing that even back in the first century, the church was "in tribulation." So clealy, that term is not referring to the end times.

one more thing to consider. If you believe that the 2 witnesses are preaching in the first half of the 7 years (which I do), then we have an exact time marker of the timeline in Revelation:

So we know that the first 1,260 days in which the witnesses preach will end at the time of the 6th trumpet (which is called the "second woe" twice in Revelation). And right after their resurrection, the 7th angel sounds. So again, just going by the timeline the Bible provides, it is again impossible for the 6th Seal to be the midpoint of the 70th week. God bless.

“Where are the two events delineated? Where are you seeing this in scripture.”
Sorry don’t know what you are talking about here.

“By the time the 6th Seal is opened, all of the signs listed by Jesus in that verse have been fulilled. So the 7th seal is not relevant.”

The 7th seal It may not be relevant to you But it is show is relevant to me and the way I am thinking because the trumpets start to sound at the 7th seal and Jesus comes at the last trumpet at the end of the tribulation or Immediately after the tribulation therefor relevant to your question about the moon shall not give her light.

“If the church was just raptured at that moment, there would be no one left who keeps the testimony of Christ on earth. That is self-evident. Thus your interpretation could not possibly be valid”

Don’t know what you are talking about here, I never mentioned the rapture.

“No. The devil is not cast out at the mid-point. He is cast out at the 6th seal”

The 6th seal that is mid-week.

“The moon does not generate its own light. It reflects light from the sun. During a lunar eclipse, the Earth blocks the sun's rays from hitting the moon, leaving it with a reddish hue (which is the Earth's shadow). Thus during a blood red moon the moon does not give its light. Same moon.”

The moon does not give its light and the sun being darkened could be because of smoke/wars / pollution.

“Again, your interpretation is just way off. You are seeing "the tribulation" as a specific part of the end times chronology, and it's not.”

It your interpretation that is just way off, it’s like you are speaking a foreign language.

“one more thing to consider. If you believe that the 2 witnesses are preaching in the first half of the 7 years (which I do), then we have an exact time marker of the timeline in Revelation:”

So now the two end time witnesses with supernatural powers are preaching before the antichrist even has the power to make war with the saints
(5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty [and] two months.6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.)

I don’t think so

(Isaiah 59:19.When the Enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of God will raise a standard against him!"

When the Enemy comes in like a flood that when the two witnesses will have their power.

And they get killed by the beast then resurrection/rapture.

Raised from the dead.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Hi Jb.

I can see from the verses you quoted that you are a post-tribulation believing Christian, which in my mind ticks a lot of boxes about you.

But I can’t see how you get the trumpets sounding at the same time as the seals are opened.

As the last seal, the seventh seal, john saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets and then the trumpets sound.
Hi Peter:

The 6th and 7th Seals and 7th Trumpet (Rev 11v15, ‘The Kingdoms of this world become the Kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ…) occur on the last day of this age, the day that the Lord Jesus comes in power and great glory to destroy the wicked and to take His people home.

The sixth seal (Rev 6v12-17) shows the events that take place on the last day, the great day of the wrath of the Lamb. Numerous signs in the earth and heavens precede and accompany the coming of our Lord, the sun goes black, the moon red, the stars fall, and the heavens roll up as a scroll. The geography of the whole world is changed as it is shaken with a series of colossal earthquakes, when the feet of Jesus touch the Mount of Olives. Isaiah 24v18-20, 34v4, Haggai 2v6,7, Zech 14v4,5,10-12, Matt 24v29-32, Mark 13v24,25, Luke 21v25, Acts.2v20, 2Pet 3v10, Rev 16v18,20, 19v11. The glory and majesty of Jesus and the Father terrifies many of the unconverted, and they try to hide themselves underground, to escape from the wrath of Christ. Hardened by years of rebellion against God, Antichrist and his armies turn to fight against Jesus, boasting that their modern weapons of war will annihilate Him. Isaiah 2v10,19,20, Luke 23v30, Rev 6v15-17. They are amazingly arrogant, and are confident that they can assassinate and murder Jesus, however, Psalm 2v1-12 tells us that He laughs at their reckless folly, nothing can protect them from the wrath of the Lamb. Antichrist's armies are killed by huge hailstones and spiritual weapons against which they have no defence. Zech 14v12, Rev.16v21, 19v21.

The seventh seal (Rev 8v1) shows all of the inhabitants of Heaven looking down upon a shattered earth in shocked silence. The Devil's proud boast that he can be like God, and rule like God, are seen to be empty lies, and an evil lust for power that produces misery, destruction, and death. Man's arrogant and foolish boast that he can run the world without God's help, is seen to be utter folly. The citizens of Heaven look down upon a truly terrible sight, great areas around the Middle East, and elsewhere, are almost destroyed by war, and stripped of all vegetation and life, and are filled with the dead and dying. All in Heaven view in shocked silence (the half hour) the results of people following sin, selfishness, and Satan.

Draw a line after Rev 8v1…

The seven Trumpets are stated in Rev 8v2-6 to be the direct response of God to the prayers of His people on earth. Our heavenly Father and the heavenly hosts take very definite action on the behalf of the Church during the Great Tribulation, the world cannot do what it likes to the children of God and get away with it. The trumpets are judgements on the world for their evil treatment of God's saints, the wicked know this but do not repent. Rev 8v13, 9v20,21. The seven trumpets do not come out of, or follow on, the seven seals, for the second coming of Christ occurs and the end of the age occurs at the sixth and seventh seals and the seventh trumpet. The fifth and sixth trumpets themselves take over 18 months to run their course, so the trumpets must start several years before the sounding of the seventh trumpet and the sixth and seventh seals on the last day. This stepping back in time and viewing the events of the last few years of this age from various aspects, occurs several times in Revelation (see also Rev 15 & 16, The Seven Vials). The ministry of the two witnesses (Rev 11v3-6, their ministry lasts for 1260 days, the period of the Great Tribulation) is shown to run at the same time as the seven trumpets by the account of the ministry of the two witnesses being placed between the sixth and seven trumpet. When these trumpets are blown God intervenes in the affairs of men in the great tribulation in answer to the prayers of the saints. (see also Luke 17v22-18v8)

Yahweh Shalom

P

peterT

The ministry of the two witnesses (Rev 11v3-6, their ministry lasts for 1260 days, the period of the Great Tribulation) is shown to run at the same time as the seven trumpets by the account of the ministry of the two witnesses being placed between the sixth and seven trumpet. When these trumpets are blown God intervenes in the affairs of men in the great tribulation in answer to the prayers of the saints. (see also Luke 17v22-18v8)

Yahweh Shalom
Raised from the dead.

I understand that the trumpets sound during the great tribulation/1260 days. The two witnesses and their ministry lasts for 1260 days, the period of the Great Tribulation.
But that means the seals are opened before that, as the seventh seal is the beginning of the sounding of the trumpets. So the 7th seal is opened mid-week, in the middle of the seven year period.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
But that means the seals are opened before that, as the seventh seal is the beginning of the sounding of the trumpets. So the 7th seal is opened mid-week, in the middle of the seven year period.
What do you think the 7 seals show/represent?

The seven seals show the stages in and the consequences of the evil career of Antichrist, he comes to power with a small number of people (Rev 6v1,2 with Dan 8v25, 11v21-23) but rapidly increases his power and influence. He enters the scene as a peacemaker, but his true character soon reveals itself.

These seven seals stretch over a period of 7 years, the bringing to pass of Daniels' 70th (prophetic week) of Dan 9v27. Also note that the opening of the seven seals is in the hand of Lord Jesus and is only opened in His time.

The 4th Seal (Rev 6v7,8) shows the start of the Great Tribulation that the Lord Jesus warned us about. Death is seated upon a pale horse and Hades follows. Death reaps and Hades garners, a terrible picture of the most dreadful slaughter that the world has ever known. Multitudes die in the wars and purges that Antichrist starts to further his design for conquest and worship. Matt 24v21,22,29-31, Dan 12v1,6,7, Rev 13v5, 2Thess 2v1-12.

The seven Trumpets cannot come out of or follow on from the seven Seals for the simple reason that the 6th and 7th Seals and the 7th Trumpet occur on the last day of this age, when the Lord Jesus comes in power and great glory. The seven Trumpets (as stated in Rev 8v2-6) can only be the direct response of God to the prayers of His people on earth.

So the account of the seven Trumpets is one of those steps back in time and viewing events from a different aspect.

Yahweh Shalom

P

peterT

The seven seals show the stages in and the consequences of the evil career of Antichrist, he comes to power with a small number of people (Rev 6v1,2 with Dan 8v25, 11v21-23) but rapidly increases his power and influence. He enters the scene as a peacemaker, but his true character soon reveals itself.

These seven seals stretch over a period of 7 years, the bringing to pass of Daniels' 70th (prophetic week) of Dan 9v27. Also note that the opening of the seven seals is in the hand of Lord Jesus and is only opened in His time.

The 4th Seal (Rev 6v7,8) shows the start of the Great Tribulation that the Lord Jesus warned us about. Death is seated upon a pale horse and Hades follows. Death reaps and Hades garners, a terrible picture of the most dreadful slaughter that the world has ever known. Multitudes die in the wars and purges that Antichrist starts to further his design for conquest and worship. Matt 24v21,22,29-31, Dan 12v1,6,7, Rev 13v5, 2Thess 2v1-12.

The seven Trumpets cannot come out of or follow on from the seven Seals for the simple reason that the 6th and 7th Seals and the 7th Trumpet occur on the last day of this age, when the Lord Jesus comes in power and great glory. The seven Trumpets (as stated in Rev 8v2-6) can only be the direct response of God to the prayers of His people on earth.

So the account of the seven Trumpets is one of those steps back in time and viewing events from a different aspect.

Yahweh Shalom
No sorry it sounds like you are trying to bend time to suit your doctrine. the 7th seal is the beginning of the trumpets.as it says,

1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.

This says the 7th seal is the beginning of the trumpets.

So according to that I must interpret the seals as pre-trib, before the last 3 ½ years.

Therefor the seal must be the time period that Jesus spoke about before he mentioned the abomination of desolation, before the great tribulation began, Jesus referred to as the “beginning of sorrows”.

I have to interpret the seals before the trumpets sound because it says so.

And as for the 6th seal and remember I must interpret the seals as pre-trib because it says the trumpets don’t start until the 7th seal. So as for the 6th seal I must interpret with that in mind.

Who are these people in the 6th seal, people who know who the lamb is?

Disobedient Christians, fearful Christians, Christians that were expecting to be rapture before the great tribulation, Christians that don’t know there bibles very well, see the great tribulation begin and say .

Revelation 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Then the 7th seal is opened and the trumpets begin. The beginning of the great tribulation.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
No sorry it sounds like you are trying to bend time to suit your doctrine. the 7th seal is the beginning of the trumpets.as it says,

1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.

This says the 7th seal is the beginning of the trumpets.

So according to that I must interpret the seals as pre-trib, before the last 3 ½ years.

Therefor the seal must be the time period that Jesus spoke about before he mentioned the abomination of desolation, before the great tribulation began, Jesus referred to as the “beginning of sorrows”.

I have to interpret the seals before the trumpets sound because it says so.

And as for the 6th seal and remember I must interpret the seals as pre-trib because it says the trumpets don’t start until the 7th seal. So as for the 6th seal I must interpret with that in mind.

Who are these people in the 6th seal, people who know who the lamb is?

Disobedient Christians, fearful Christians, Christians that were expecting to be rapture before the great tribulation, Christians that don’t know there bibles very well, see the great tribulation begin and say .

Revelation 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

Then the 7th seal is opened and the trumpets begin. The beginning of the great tribulation.
The persons in the 6th Seal (who are looking to hide themselves from the wrath of the Lamb) are the armies and followers of Antichrist, plus the rest of the wicked upon the earth at the Second Coming of Christ. Psalm 2 (all)

The wrath of the Lamb occurs on the last day of this age when He come to destroy the wicked (Rev 11v18 'and your wrath has come'), not before the beginning of the Great Tribulation and if you compare the events in the 6th Seal with events that occur on the last day of this age, they are referring to the same events, great earthquake, changes to sun/moon, geographical changes etc...certainly nothing like these events occur just before the Great Tribulation starts, but they do occur on the last day of this age. Zech 14v4-7, Acts 2v16-21, 2Peter 3v10.

Also, the original Greek text contained no chapters or verses or any punctuation, so the 7th Seal is not really the beginning of a new chapter....

Yahweh Shalom

P

peterT

Yahweh Shalom
There is no repentance on the 7th seal.

And the 6th seal, God seals the 144000 in their foreheads, and there is a time paired of 5 months were the people of God are protected from the 5th trumpet .and only hurt the men that have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

So you can see the seals are before the great tribulation starts, and the trumpets sound in the great tribulation

1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment [was] as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
There is no repentance on the 7th seal.

And the 6th seal, God seals the 144000 in their foreheads, and there is a time paired of 5 months were the people of God are protected from the 5th trumpet .and only hurt the men that have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

So you can see the seals are before the great tribulation starts, and the trumpets sound in the great tribulation

1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment [was] as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
Can't see any logical arguement in the above points...

Also see Post #37...

Yahweh Shalom

P

peterT

Can't see any logical arguement in the above points...

Also see Post #37...

Yahweh Shalom
Let me try and put it to you a different way.

The signs of the times

Matt 24;6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these [are] the beginning of sorrows.

Mark 13:9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to
councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be
brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against
them.

Then Jesus goes on to say 15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation
21 For then shall be great tribulation.

The signs are before the great tribulation starts Jesus called it the beginning of sorrows.

We will not be brut before the council to defend are doctrine or justify what we are doing or saying and the fruit we are bearing during the tribulation; we will be brut before the guillotine in the tribulation, take the mark or be put to death.

The signs of the times that you say are in the great tribulation are before the great tribulation starts,

The beginning of sorrows.

famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, happen before the great tribulation starts, Jesus said so, thus the seals are opened before the great tribulation starts.

We/or the 144000 are sealed with Gods seal in are foreheads before the great tribulation starts to separate us from the rest of the world and to protect us from God’s wrath of the trumpets.