(Potentially) Profound Thoughts

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
"For quiet, sensitive souls, solitude is the golden thread that unites us with our inner world... We need quiet to connect the dots in our constellations of thought."
~Michaela Chung ❤️

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Nothing is impossible

the word even says

I'm possible

(Audry someoneorother)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
An old man sits alone on New Year's Eve. His kids are in different parts of the country, his other relatives and all his friends are gone.
He can fondly remember all the holidays he spent with the people he outlived
OR
He can dwell on how sad and pitiful he is alone right now.

A young lady attends her best friend's wedding.
She can be happy for her best friend
OR
She can be envious or even jealous that she hasn't found a husband.

A young man hears news that his friend made a program that was bought by a big company, and now his friend is retired at a very early age.
He can be happy for his friend living the dream
OR
He can be resentful that he still has to go to his own job.

There are things to relish and things to despise in almost every situation. What a person chooses to dwell on determines what kind of person that person will become.

"Do you have to go to work today?"
"No, I get to go to work today. I know some people who done got laid off."

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
As am I. In fact I am currently on lunch break. I am trying to remind myself of that post... Currently it's not easy.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
dixie.png

GOOD

dixie2.png

i CAIN'T EVEN WALK, WITHOUT YOU HOLDING MY HAND
THE MOUNTAINS TOO HIGH, THE VALLEY TOO WIDE
DOWN ON MY KNEES IS WHERE I'LL LEARN TO STAND
I CAN'T EVEN WALK WITHOUT YOU HOLDING MY HAND

dixie3.png

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
As the audio tech nerd for my church I have profound misgivings about all this microphone dropping lately. It is really hard on the equipment.

M

Miri

Why oh why do chocolate manufactures, insist on putting fondent
soft centres in boxes of toffee and chocolates.

No one likes them, they always get left - so why?

Forest Gump was wrong when he said “life is like a box of chocolates
you never know what you are gunna get.” I always get the sickly strawberry
one - yuk - because there are so many of them.

There, I feel so much better for getting that off my chest!

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Came across this while going through old documents on my computer:
if you have.png

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Also, what is up with all these pajama pants with false drawstrings? Makes no sense to me to have strings to tie up that don't actually do anything except get in the way. I can't decide whether to leave them alone until I know if I'm going to need to find a way to redeploy them if I do actually lose weight or just cut them off and get rid of them.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Also, what is up with all these pajama pants with false drawstrings? Makes no sense to me to have strings to tie up that don't actually do anything except get in the way. I can't decide whether to leave them alone until I know if I'm going to need to find a way to redeploy them if I do actually lose weight or just cut them off and get rid of them.
Ya, I suspect those 'false drawstrings' are purely for fashion...
Funny, so the manufacturer must assume that their customers are anticipating to be hosting folks (while in their PJs) that might appreciate said fashion statement... ;)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
As the audio tech nerd for my church I have profound misgivings about all this microphone dropping lately. It is really hard on the equipment.
yeah, yeah, yeah............

BUT it makes a great Exit

:)