(Potentially) Profound Thoughts

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Thusiserve

Nov 8, 2022
I think my favorite feeling is laughing with someone, and realizing halfway through how much I enjoy them and their presence.

swatfrog

Nov 19, 2022
Confucius say, " He who tries to pull wool over eyes , usually get sheep in face".

Thusiserve

Nov 8, 2022
You cannot be who you are going to be
and who you used to be
at the same time.

Thusiserve

Nov 8, 2022
If someone throws a fit because you set boundaries, it's just more evidence the boundary is needed.

Thusiserve

Nov 8, 2022
When a flashlight grows dim or quits working, do you just throw it away?
Of course not, you change the batteries.
When a person messes up or finds themselves in a dark place, do you cast them aside?
Of course not, you help them "change their batteries".
Some need AA- Attention and Affection
Some need AAA- Attention, Affection, and. Acceptance
Some need C- Compassion
Some need D- Direction

And if they still don't seem to shine, simply sit with them quietly and share your light.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If someone throws a fit because you set boundaries, it's just more evidence the boundary is needed.
Not always. Sometimes the boundary is no longer needed. Things change. Sometimes the danger the boundary protects us from is no longer there.

Thusiserve

Nov 8, 2022
Not always. Sometimes the boundary is no longer needed. Things change. Sometimes the danger the boundary protects us from is no longer there.
Aaaahhh Lynx. Are you not our resident boundary tester?
Love ya bro!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
As one example of outdated boundaries, consider facial hair. The hippie movement made beards and mustaches the outward sign of rebellion. The church had to have a standard against it for a time, mostly so our good would not be evil spoken of. But that standard is not required anywhere these days, at least not of which I'm aware.

Sometimes the fence was put there to keep people from falling into a stream, but the stream has shifted and is now flowing along a different path. Then again, sometimes the fence was put there to keep you away from hidden sinkholes beneath the surface of the ground.

Just as you should ask why the fence was put there before you tear it down, you should also ask before you insist on keeping it there.

Thusiserve

Nov 8, 2022
As one example of outdated boundaries, consider facial hair. The hippie movement made beards and mustaches the outward sign of rebellion. The church had to have a standard against it for a time, mostly so our good would not be evil spoken of. But that standard is not required anywhere these days, at least not of which I'm aware.

Sometimes the fence was put there to keep people from falling into a stream, but the stream has shifted and is now flowing along a different path. Then again, sometimes the fence was put there to keep you away from hidden sinkholes beneath the surface of the ground.

Just as you should ask why the fence was put there before you tear it down, you should also ask before you insist on keeping it there.
Yep.

Sign, sign, tell me where to sign.

Yeah, i was raised southern Baptist, so I've seen some of the changes you're talking about. I pretty much just forced them to deal with my long hair. 😎

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Everyone has a unique purpose and calling... Learning to follow HIS Will, and not our own is the most difficult riddle that many never reconcile with HIS plans...
1674258942353.png

Thusiserve

Nov 8, 2022
Salvation

We HAVE been saved from sins penalty.
We ARE being saved from sins power.
We WILL be saved (one day) from sins presence.