(Potentially) Profound Thoughts

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
I found a post, Listed 3 months ago,
Why he thinks he is ugly, I will never know.
Is this for theology or maybe psychology?
Does not the scripture teach on the good fruit and the bad fruit?
Perhaps the environment from our birth, Has a direct effect upon how we grow up.
I am no Patrick Swayze, and I am no Tom Cruise...
But as a Christian at 6 foot and 439 lbs, I am proud to be worth my weight in Gold.

Let's see what exactly that is.......
Weight. 439 Lbs is 7024 oz.

Canadian Price of gold $2,465.31 an ounce

$2,465.31

What are you worth??

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Perhaps the environment from our birth, Has a direct effect upon how we grow up.
But as a Christian at 6 foot and 439 lbs, I am proud to be worth my weight in Gold.

$2,465.31

What are you worth??
Value is a peculiar thing. A thing is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

If society collapsed, gold wouldn't be worth much. Its only value is in trade for something that is actually useful. You can't eat it. It's too soft to make into weapons or armor or even a chair or fork.

To a starving man, a banana would be worth more than all the gold in the world.

On the other hand, in three weeks that banana wouldn't be worth anything, even to a starving man. They get old and rot rather fast.

"And if value is made
By the price that is paid
Then His blood made a treasure of me"

I must have a high value to someone. Jesus paid a lot to get me back.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
For those of you who know someone close that can relate to these profound words...

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014

$2,465.31

What are you worth??
Ooops I messed that up, it should be
$2,465.31. An ounce
X. 7024 ounces

The mistake was using 439 lbs
Times by the amount per ounce

The importance of a goods night sleep has just been demonstrated lol

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Look both ways before Jaywalking.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
A bad mood is contagious, like the common cold. And like a common cold, the best way to keep from spreading a bad mood to other people is to keep your mouth shut.
you made me laugh!

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
here's a different profound thought: the subject of how to learn to be strong in faith & trust, to get thru problems without complaint, smile in your problems & to NEVER worry is nearly never associated with the O.T. book of Ecclesiastes

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
here's a different profound thought: the subject of how to learn to be strong in faith & trust, to get thru problems without complaint, smile in your problems & to NEVER worry is nearly never associated with the O.T. book of Ecclesiastes
You've never heard my pastor preach. =^.^=

Comprehending Ecclesiastes goes a long way toward setting goals and values that are beneficial in the long run.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
You've never heard my pastor preach. =^.^=

Comprehending Ecclesiastes goes a long way toward setting goals and values that are beneficial in the long run.
a comment about your "singing" post: i healed my asthma by learning how to sing! thought of it all my own!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Observation: It is very rare for a husband and wife to both like the same temperature.

Observation: It's easier to warm up by putting on a sweater than cool down by stripping. Also more socially acceptable.

Observation: I can guarantee what I am willing to do much better than I can make other people do things.

Conclusion: I need to take out a personal advertisement:
Single white male who prefers 73F, looking for single white female who prefers something slightly cooler.