(Potentially) Profound Thoughts

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Cheers Solemateleft, that is lovely, have saved it. Hope you and that beautiful hound are feeling good, God's blessings and all that's good for now 😻
Lovely to see you, my friend. I hope you and yours are doing well. That
would include your pillow princess, which I sometimes call my cat LOL.

 
  • Love
Reactions: LifelongLearner
Cheers Solemateleft, that is lovely, have saved it. Hope you and that beautiful hound are feeling good, God's blessings and all that's good for now 😻
Cheers to you LifelongLearner, yes this was is especially profound and a keeper… Thank you for your well wishes… My dog is indeed a cherished blessing… The one in my avatar photo has long since past, but the one I have now is a constant reminder of God’s blessings by giving us dogs as his example for us of unconditional love… God’s blessings for you and yours as well…
 
I thought God gave us lambs as an example of unconditional love...

Well he gave me Lanolin, and woolly jumpers and sheepskin slippers to wear. And a sacrifice..!
I don't keep sheep myself, but the farmers that do, some of them are genuine loving shepherds, guiding them with a staff, others just have sheepdogs.

Maybe I just have a different experience of God than everyone else, as dogs may bite me (unless I feed them/throw them a bone) or kill my chickens. Sheep never do. All they ask for is grass, places to lie down and will eat windfall fruit off the ground.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Solemateleft
I thought God gave us lambs as an example of unconditional love...
Well he gave me Lanolin, and woolly jumpers and sheepskin slippers to wear. And a sacrifice..!
I don't keep sheep myself, but the farmers that do, some of them are genuine loving shepherds, guiding them with a staff, others just have sheepdogs.
Maybe I just have a different experience of God than everyone else, as dogs may bite me (unless I feed them/throw them a bone) or kill my chickens. Sheep never do. All they ask for is grass, places to lie down and will eat windfall fruit off the ground.
Ah, yes... the types of encounters with dogs that you describe are the exceptions to the norm... Acknowledging these incidences do occur, as a dog person who has had dogs in our family ever since childhood, I am of the mind and experience that the more common experience of the 'unconditional love' from dogs is very common in loving families and owners who are willing and capable to provide a positive atmosphere and appropriate reinforcement training for good behavior...
Yes, many breeds of dogs are inherently wired with a 'Protective' guard dog characteristic, and other dogs that have experienced abuse by their owners or inappropriate training - some are bred and raised as guard dogs, some unfortunately as fighting dogs...
More times than not, I fault the owner or the survival instincts of wild (less common) dogs - for the rare behaviors that you cite...
Yes, the symbolism of the lamb of God is well understood... but as you say, it is the exeption rather than the norm that people have a personal relationship with sheep... as such the relationship between a herd of sheep and their shepherds is seemingly a much less likely personal experience for the average people to substantiate the experiential examples that are statistically much more common.
in my adult life, I have raised two sets of Great Pyrenees dogs before and while raising kids... This breed of dogs are known as 'gentle Giants' and are known as infamous sheep dogs from the mountains between France and Spain; well known as protectors of their Flocks and Families and domain... Such well known characteristics they became the guard dogs for the Royal Families in France and Spain... Their intelligence and temperament with children are incredible. They are natural Protectors of their Family, domain and flock... ie people that do not have permission to interact with their families' kids ought not approach their kids without permission from their owners...
Point being, owners are ultimately responsible for the behavior of their dogs...
My current dog is a happy go lucky Golden Doodle - he pretends to be a guard dog, but gets fired all too often for being too friendly to everyone (handy men, working crew etc) who comes into the house...
He and I live alone now... His unconditional love is demonstrated everyday, by the way that he greets me every day when I come home from work... His love for me and my attention are incredibly demonstrated with his wagging tail and excitement and loving kisses...
 
Ah, yes... the types of encounters with dogs that you describe are the exceptions to the norm... Acknowledging these incidences do occur, as a dog person who has had dogs in our family ever since childhood, I am of the mind and experience that the more common experience of the 'unconditional love' from dogs is very common in loving families and owners who are willing and capable to provide a positive atmosphere and appropriate reinforcement training for good behavior...
Yes, many breeds of dogs are inherently wired with a 'Protective' guard dog characteristic, and other dogs that have experienced abuse by their owners or inappropriate training - some are bred and raised as guard dogs, some unfortunately as fighting dogs...
More times than not, I fault the owner or the survival instincts of wild (less common) dogs - for the rare behaviors that you cite...
Yes, the symbolism of the lamb of God is well understood... but as you say, it is the exeption rather than the norm that people have a personal relationship with sheep... as such the relationship between a herd of sheep and their shepherds is seemingly a much less likely personal experience for the average people to substantiate the experiential examples that are statistically much more common.
in my adult life, I have raised two sets of Great Pyrenees dogs before and while raising kids... This breed of dogs are known as 'gentle Giants' and are known as infamous sheep dogs from the mountains between France and Spain; well known as protectors of their Flocks and Families and domain... Such well known characteristics they became the guard dogs for the Royal Families in France and Spain... Their intelligence and temperament with children are incredible. They are natural Protectors of their Family, domain and flock... ie people that do not have permission to interact with their families' kids ought not approach their kids without permission from their owners...
Point being, owners are ultimately responsible for the behavior of their dogs...
My current dog is a happy go lucky Golden Doodle - he pretends to be a guard dog, but gets fired all too often for being too friendly to everyone (handy men, working crew etc) who comes into the house...
He and I live alone now... His unconditional love is demonstrated everyday, by the way that he greets me every day when I come home from work... His love for me and my attention are incredibly demonstrated with his wagging tail and excitement and loving kisses...
I have cats and each cat is different. I think wild cats are can be of course, dangerous, and I'm not sure I would have a pet lion. But the cats I've had also love me everyday even when they don't lick or kiss my face or wag their tails (though it shows me she's excited) but when she purrs and just by being around.
I am mindful though, she is a cat. Cats can and do hunt, it is in their nature. She can scratch and bite, and hiss, but she isn't trained, like a dog, to abuse other humans or attack them.

I do agree that bad dogs can be the exception, but living in my area there were certainly a few where in the neighbourhood, and their barking can still frighten me, which is probably worse than their bite. Both my sis and dad have been bitten, I was lucky enough to stay away from bad dogs - I don't deliver any mail.

They, like cats can be territorial, but a dog on the loose and in a bad mood/feral needs animal patrol.

Sheep, just need to be called, or shepherded.

You can't herd a pack of dogs, unless you have a piercing whistle or a bunch of leads, and woe betide you to demand your cat come when he/she is called lol.

though having said that, Labs are so friendly and make really good guide dogs for the blind. If you get a working dog though they have to be trained to work otherwise they just get bored. So def on the owners to discipline them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Solemateleft
I have cats and each cat is different. I think wild cats are can be of course, dangerous, and I'm not sure I would have a pet lion. But the cats I've had also love me everyday even when they don't lick or kiss my face or wag their tails (though it shows me she's excited) but when she purrs and just by being around.
I am mindful though, she is a cat. Cats can and do hunt, it is in their nature. She can scratch and bite, and hiss, but she isn't trained, like a dog, to abuse other humans or attack them.

I do agree that bad dogs can be the exception, but living in my area there were certainly a few where in the neighbourhood, and their barking can still frighten me, which is probably worse than their bite. Both my sis and dad have been bitten, I was lucky enough to stay away from bad dogs - I don't deliver any mail.

They, like cats can be territorial, but a dog on the loose and in a bad mood/feral needs animal patrol.

Sheep, just need to be called, or shepherded.

You can't herd a pack of dogs, unless you have a piercing whistle or a bunch of leads, and woe betide you to demand your cat come when he/she is called lol.

though having said that, Labs are so friendly and make really good guide dogs for the blind. If you get a working dog though they have to be trained to work otherwise they just get bored. So def on the owners to discipline them.
I'm sorry that you and your family have experienced such unsettling encounters with dogs that have scared your perspectives with a fear of dogs at large...
For every story of this kind, there are just as many if not more stories of individual and groups of stray dogs that showed much more favorable gratitude in vast types of rescuers from individuals who serve and rescue large numbers of dogs or individuals and organizations that go to great lengths to create rescues for these loving helpless animals... for the purpose of resettling them into a loving family or lonely individuals who thrive with the loving companionship of such dogs...
When the vast majority of these otherwise normal 'temperamental' dogs they are equally grateful (if not more) to be re-located with a loving companion in life, just as most humans....
Understanding there are cat vs dog people in this world... Where the vast majority of Dog loving people are confident that 'All Dogs Go to Heaven."
In my current situation, I firmly believe that my current dog is a God send, as he was brought into my life 9 years ago to become my life's companion after my 'Solemateleft' ... I often have spiritual experiences with him and occasions where I often wonder if he is a reincarnation of my loving brother who passed when I was in my early twenties, or a gift from my Guardian Angel... As he came into my life when I needed a loving and trusting companion most... His unconditional love is demonstrated all too often... Regardless of whether I neglect to given him his much deserved attention, or if I am frustrated with a rare or uncharacteristic behavior - his unconditional love for me as his sole provider and companion is unfailing - as he constantly reminds me that his sole/soul purpose to serve as my sole/soul companion in my life as a 62 year old man who lives alone...
 
The tide is shifting and the tables are beginning to turn... Anticipating HIS Righteous Justice is inevitably coming to reveal the Depths of the Deep State Rain of Corruption...

Paul Neyland​

onprStedosgg1fg524m5g5hh76tgg0g0g6l0au216gu4g6t608tf86ut76c9 ·
🚨
BREAKING:
🚨
WHISTLEBLOWER SAYS TRUMP ACCUSER E. JEAN CARROLL SECRETLY MET WITH DNC OFFICIALS, CONFESSED ON TAPE THAT HER ALLEGATIONS AGAINST PRESIDENT TRUMP ARE FALSE. An individual with "inside knowledge" of this meeting says that Carroll received $10 MILLION FROM THE DNC in addition to her MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR BOOK DEAL AND HEFTY FEDERAL LAWSUIT which is the reason that she FABRICATED these allegations against our President. She is also alleged to be CAUGHT ON THIS TAPE ADMITTING that she has in fact never actually met President Trump. Once again, TRUMP WAS RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING. Now it's time for him to TURN THE TABLES AND SUE THE PANTS OFF OF HER FOR DEFAMATION, SLANDER AND LIBEL!
🔥
💪🏻

1776022497952.png
 

Attachments

  • 1776022478741.png
    1776022478741.png
    369.6 KB · Views: 0
Lovely to see you, my friend. I hope you and yours are doing well. That
would include your pillow princess, which I sometimes call my cat LOL.

Lovely to see you too Magenta, i'm feeling more comfortable now, taking massive doses of magnesium has helped BIG time with related issues.

Just popping in quick, catching up on OS reinstalls on 3 rigs, 2 down, i to go. Hope all's good with you friend, God's blessings and hugs from me to you and your beautiful pillow Princess for now :love:
 
Cheers to you LifelongLearner, yes this was is especially profound and a keeper… Thank you for your well wishes… My dog is indeed a cherished blessing… The one in my avatar photo has long since past, but the one I have now is a constant reminder of God’s blessings by giving us dogs as his example for us of unconditional love… God’s blessings for you and yours as well…
Sent the pic to my daughter as well Solemateleft, she thought it was lovely too. Sadly, she isn't Christian currently but i'm hopeful.

I love dogs but cats are my favourite companions. My little darling is called Dreamer and i know what you mean about dogs and unconditional love. She definitely loves me but i'm certain it isn't unconditional love, she's a smart cookie for sure 😻
 
  • Love
Reactions: Solemateleft