(Potentially) Profound Thoughts

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
This is a place for any profound thoughts we might have. Anybody is welcome to post any profound thoughts you might have had recently, or any not so profound thoughts. It may be updated daily or maybe not a post for two months, depending on how much thinking we have done lately...
My recent experience in the taming of the tongue has brought me to the understanding that the real defense in this Christian battle field
Truly is
Take every thought captive for Christ
 
My thoughts have potential to be profound, but I'm afraid of deep diving
I sort of wade in the shallow end first.
I'd need flippers and a source of oxygen, and goggles
Besides, there's jellyfish and sharks in the water, and I don't want to swim alone
 
My thoughts have potential to be profound, but I'm afraid of deep diving
I sort of wade in the shallow end first.
I'd need flippers and a source of oxygen, and goggles
Besides, there's jellyfish and sharks in the water, and I don't want to swim alone
My thought
Well
There's the battle ground
What mascarade as my thoughts
Are nothing of the sort
That's the evil ones cunning
He comes with great confidence
And often with "facts" to back up his position
But it's never a position of peace
It's always oppositional
My job
To hear the still small voice
Which says
This is the way
Walk ye in it
My ego
Hates that
Sorry
That's a psychological term
The flesh hates that
But here's my difference
Since being translated from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of light
I now
Actually have choice
If only I made the right choices constantly
But that's not reality
And I don't believe God expects it
In the same way
He never expected the children of Israel to abide by the 10 commandments
 
Well it was really hard for them, because the children of Israel were only human and not ...angels. 😇
 
Well God gave His only begotten son to help them, a few followed Him but many refused to listen, especially the religious leaders of the time, so, there's that.
 
Well God gave His only begotten son to help them, a few followed Him but many refused to listen, especially the religious leaders of the time, so, there's that.
So there's that?
What does that mean
I can't help but think
You're toying with me
But it's ok
I'm usually a fast learner
Well apart from when it comes to the spirit v flesh
There I'm rediculously slow
 
No I'm just answering your question.
Why would I be 'toying' with you?
I meant that is one of the reasons why many people in Israel would not listen to Jesus, because the religious leaders at the time -- the Pharisees, discouraged it, and people look up to religious leaders, as they are meant to be the righteous ones.

Also, Jesus was from Nazareth, and people looked down on Nazareth, like they thought it was a hick town or something, and Galileans were like, unsophisticated and a bit rough.
 
I would hope I had profound things to say rather than 'toying' although...sometimes surprising things come out of the mouths of babes

I mean Jesus reserved a lot of His Kingdom for those who came to him as a child. Children know and can perceive a lot of things adults do not, because they haven't been corrupted by the ways of the world, they are truly innocent.
 
It's Saturday!!

Or Sabbath day!

The one day of the week everyone enjoys. We thank God for Friday but we live for Saturdays and then rest on Sundays.
 
It's Saturday!!

Or Sabbath day!

The one day of the week everyone enjoys. We thank God for Friday but we live for Saturdays and then rest on Sundays.
Everybody's working
For the weeeeeeeekend
 
Long weekend is over (ANZAC day was Mondayised! Yes!)

And now it's Tuesday.
I don't really have profound thoughts about Tuesday, except that's the day my Garden Club usually meets. Not today though, only every 1st and 3rd Tuesday.