Powerful verses in Job...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 28, 2016
Job 42:5

“I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear, But now my eye sees You.
Great parable revealing the gospel. Reminded of another .Two witness working as one,. Two parables, two witnesses. The seeing new eyes of faith and new ears to hear the good news .

Isaiah 29:18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Job 42:5
“I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear, But now my eye sees You.
I do believe Job saw the sufferings of Jesus. God uses suffering to teach us to rely on him, to perfect us, but Jesus was always holy, yet suffered so that our faith would be in God.

Mar 28, 2016
I do believe Job saw the sufferings of Jesus. God uses suffering to teach us to rely on him, to perfect us, but Jesus was always holy, yet suffered so that our faith would be in God.
Yes in God, as our new source of faith coming from God .You could say working with us forming the union.. to the good pleasure of His will

Reminded me the witness in John 6 times using the last day . Job seems to add to that idea .In his own suffering having received rest from Christ who worked in Him he was given a vision . Like that kind of new born again spirit coming from Philippians 1:6 .Having begun the good work in us he was confident while still in his flesh he would see the last day .

The day the blood used to represent spirit life of all saints that like that of Abel crying out had to a end . The new bodies have clothed their new born again spirits.

Job 19:24-26 King James Version (KJV) That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever! For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

In that beautiful parable . . . "Yet in my flesh shall I see God". It would seem to be a statement of faith as in. . . he will continue to see even though after his skin worms destroy this body that which was used to see and hear . Like the wake up call of Lazarus .given new eras to hear what the Spirit says to the churches. . . Rise

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Didn't go back and read all of the comments......but was thinking about this Thread during my morning prayers, and I wanted to share what one of my favorite parts of Job is:

Job 38:1) Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, 2)Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? 3) Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

IMO, God had listened to all the whining He wanted to from Job, and He called Job out! What a fearful thing to have God call you out?

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Didn't go back and read all of the comments......but was thinking about this Thread during my morning prayers, and I wanted to share what one of my favorite parts of Job is:

Job 38:1) Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, 2)Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? 3) Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
When we think about all the contention, hatred and grief Jesus faced, he certainly did answer Job out of a whirlwind! It's good to know when we're in the midst of a tornado, God is with us. :)