Praise the Creator so that His desires (and not ours) can be fulfilled on our enemies.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

so-jesus-e-deus

Senior Member
Feb 7, 2017
1,605
140
63
Praise the Creator so that His desires (and not ours) can be fulfilled on our enemies.


Good evening in Christ Jesus.


Did you take heed carefully in the prayers of the Old Testament? Look at this, for instance, below:

  • “I will freely sacrifice to You; I will praise Your name, O Jehovah, for it is good. For He has delivered me out of all trouble; and my eye has seen its desire on my enemies.” (Psa 54:6,7).

David said that he would praise and sacrifice to the Creator because He had delivered him out of all trouble; and his eye had seen his desire on his enemies. Well, and if the Creator didn’t have done in according to his expectance?

And what about us? I know that many times fear and trembling have come on us, and horror has covered us (see Psa 55:5). In this occasion, our wish is equal to David’s one:

  • “And I said, Who will give to me wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest. Lo, I would wander far off; I would lodge in the desert. Selah. I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest.” (Psa 55:6-8).

Nevertheless, if we yearn for being more than conquerors (Rom 8:37), we need to praise the Creator before we go through our “Red Sea” (and not only after, as Moses and Miriam did – Exodus 15). Such a praise is flimsy (see Exodus 15:22-24).

So, let’s seek out in Jesus having a heart that see the boons amid the problems and is grateful to Him. After all, the fact of the ordeal didn’t have quashed us is a sign that we are overcoming.

Have a iridescent week find reasons to worship Jesus whatever is the situation you are undergoing (as it is quoted in Psalms 40:5).