Pray for a COVID 19 Vaccine to be made available ASAP!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Scribe

If there is not a huge spike in new infections in New York City in the next two or three weeks I am going to go out on a limb and guess that the warmer weather slows the spread of contagion. If there is a huge spike then that should be evidence that social distancing was helping.

Pray for the vaccine to be available as soon as possible so that another hundred thousand people may live and not die over the next few months.
Pray that the bureaucracy and red tape will be relaxed in the context of people dying without the vaccine.
Pray that anti-vaccine liars mouths will be stopped and that free speech rights will not be allowed to protect people from killing other people with bad medical advice.

When the vaccine is available have some good scientific information on hand to share. Information on how the vaccine causes your own immune system to create the antibodies in the same way that people wishfully claim natural remedies work (but really don't) It will be useful to attempt to educate those who do not know how vaccines work with at least one attempt, because many really do not understand the science and there are many trusting people that believe persuasive videos from antivaxxers wearing labcoats.

By providing the scientific information on how the vaccine works we may be responsible for saving a life and we may be the cause of a grand parent seeing many more grand baby birthdays and that is a noble thing that we can say we were responsible for.

So Pray for those working on the vaccine and pray that it will be available soon. Do not share anti-vaccine conspiracy theories and have a good scientific article on hand to share with any antivaxxer you are confronted by. Do not engage in heated arguments. Pass on the information and then pray for them. I will only attempt to educate an antivaxxer once. The servant of the Lord must not strive. But be apt to teach, patient with all men. It is worth trying once because the intellectually honest will concede to science and research data and reject fantasy and imagination rhetoric that people WANT to be true but really isn't.

The information below is an example of explaining to those who admit that they have no clue how vaccines work. It is a good introductory explanation and usually enough to answer the question.

HOW VACCINES WORK

A vaccine works by training the immune system to recognize and combat pathogens, either viruses or bacteria. To do this, certain molecules from the pathogen must be introduced into the body to trigger an immune response.

These molecules are called antigens, and they are present on all viruses and bacteria. By injecting these antigens into the body, the immune system can safely learn to recognize them as hostile invaders, produce antibodies, and remember them for the future. If the bacteria or virus reappears, the immune system will recognize the antigens immediately and attack aggressively well before the pathogen can spread and cause sickness. (Orange Juice cannot do this. LOL) my comment.

The Herd Immunity Imperative

Vaccines don't just work on an individual level, they protect entire populations. Once enough people are immunized, opportunities for an outbreak of disease become so low even people who aren't immunized benefit. Essentially, a bacteria or virus simply won't have enough eligible hosts to establish a foothold and will eventually die out entirely. This phenomenon is called "herd immunity" or "community immunity," and it has allowed once-devastating diseases to be eliminated entirely, without needing to vaccinate every individual. (from publichealth.org)

More detailed information can be found at the link below, or you can simply do a google search "how do vaccines work" and find other credible sites that explain it at any level of detail you are comfortable researching, down to the published research data on all trials and tests, going back for decades. https://www.publichealth.org/public-awareness/understanding-vaccines/

Do not be made a fool of by repeating wrong information from social media anti-vaccine lies. If all the social media platforms are deleting the anti-vaccine posts then you know they are total lies and you should not repeat it and look like a fool to those who are educated on the subject. But worse than looking like a fool, you could be responsible for killing someone by persuading them not to be vaccinated and that blood will be on your hands. SO DON'T DO IT!

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Sounds less like a prayer request and more like a rant.

crmvet

Jul 4, 2013
Isaiah 53:5

S

Scribe

Sounds less like a prayer request and more like a rant.
Motivating people to pray by explaining the reason to pray may produce fervency and importunity. Jesus will be looking for importunate faith when he comes again. Luke 11

S

Scribe

Please Pray for the success of the COVID 19 vaccine. That it be safe. That it be available soon. That it be successful in stamping out this virus.

S

Scribe

Reported. This is definitely NOT a prayer request.
Of course it is a prayer request coming from someone who believes in both vaccines and the power of prayer. It is what I am praying for and I believe that success of the vaccine could result from many Christians praying. God answers prayer.
The Bible tells us to pray. I pray for the success of the vaccine and that it be made available soon. I see it as the solution that the world needs right now. I want others to join me in prayer. It is possible that our prayers might result in a scientist figuring out something that was not previously known. Prayer Works.

If you do not believe in vaccines and not want to pray then you can exclude yourself from the prayer request. Others will pray and God will answer those prayers.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Reported. This is definitely NOT a prayer request.
New threads now have to be approved by mods before being posted. So a mid approved this. Though admittedly they don't always do a good job of checking them.

S

Scribe

New threads now have to be approved by mods before being posted. So a mid approved this. Though admittedly they don't always do a good job of checking them.
That is right. I remember that now. I got the message that it was pending approval. [/QUOTE]

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Of course it is a prayer request coming from someone who believes in both vaccines and the power of prayer. It is what I am praying for and I believe that success of the vaccine could result from many Christians praying. God answers prayer.
The Bible tells us to pray. I pray for the success of the vaccine and that it be made available soon. I see it as the solution that the world needs right now. I want others to join me in prayer. It is possible that our prayers might result in a scientist figuring out something that was not previously known. Prayer Works.

If you do not believe in vaccines and not want to pray then you can exclude yourself from the prayer request. Others will pray and God will answer those prayers.
A true prayer request would ask that others pray to God for the help that is needed and let God decide the best way to provide it.

(Instead of telling others how they must pray and telling God how He must answer those prayers.)

S

Scribe

Sounds less like a prayer request and more like vaccine-promoting propaganda . . . :rolleyes:
It is a prayer request for the Vaccine to be made available soon. So of course it is promoting the vaccine. That IS the request. The VACCINE. I do not want people to pray for it to not be available soon. I want them to pray that it WILL be available soon. And that people will get it. So that it will be able to save lives. That IS the prayer request. I am looking for people who will AGREE with me in prayer, praying for the same thing THE SUCCESS AND THE SOON AVAILABILITY of the vaccine and that people will get in and live.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
It is a prayer request for the Vaccine to be made available soon. So of course it is promoting the vaccine. That IS the request. The VACCINE. I do not want people to pray for it to not be available soon. I want them to pray that it WILL be available soon. And that people will get it. So that it will be able to save lives. That IS the prayer request. I am looking for people who will AGREE with me in prayer, praying for the same thing THE SUCCESS AND THE SOON AVAILABILITY of the vaccine and that people will get in and live.
Don't you find it odd that you are praying for a vaccine when the virus hasn't even been isolated? That's like praying that someone will invent the gun with the silver bullets before the werewolf gets you. Sure, there might be werewolves, but let's prove they exist before wasting all that silver. It sounds kind of a silly prayer request to me, given the dangers of vaccines.

I myself am praying that God will protect us from the vaccine, and the Beast governments who want to cause all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive the vaccine, that no man might buy or sell, save he has the Certificate Of Vaccination IDentification (COVID) chip.

S

Scribe

Don't you find it odd that you are praying for a vaccine when the virus hasn't even been isolated? That's like praying that someone will invent the gun with the silver bullets before the werewolf gets you. Sure, there might be werewolves, but let's prove they exist before wasting all that silver. It sounds kind of a silly prayer request to me, given the dangers of vaccines.

I myself am praying that God will protect us from the vaccine, and the Beast governments who want to cause all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive the vaccine, that no man might buy or sell, save he has the Certificate Of Vaccination IDentification (COVID) chip.
There is a different forum for that.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I pray the Lord gives strength for EVERYONE to refuse to willingly take this vaccine.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I will continue to pray for God to provide a cure for those who get the covid19 virus, and a prevention for those who don't have it yet. I will leave it to Him to decide what and how.

saintrose

May 9, 2020
If there is not a huge spike in new infections in New York City in the next two or three weeks I am going to go out on a limb and guess that the warmer weather slows the spread of contagion. If there is a huge spike then that should be evidence that social distancing was helping.

Pray for the vaccine to be available as soon as possible so that another hundred thousand people may live and not die over the next few months.
Pray that the bureaucracy and red tape will be relaxed in the context of people dying without the vaccine.
Pray that anti-vaccine liars mouths will be stopped and that free speech rights will not be allowed to protect people from killing other people with bad medical advice.

When the vaccine is available have some good scientific information on hand to share. Information on how the vaccine causes your own immune system to create the antibodies in the same way that people wishfully claim natural remedies work (but really don't) It will be useful to attempt to educate those who do not know how vaccines work with at least one attempt, because many really do not understand the science and there are many trusting people that believe persuasive videos from antivaxxers wearing labcoats.

By providing the scientific information on how the vaccine works we may be responsible for saving a life and we may be the cause of a grand parent seeing many more grand baby birthdays and that is a noble thing that we can say we were responsible for.

So Pray for those working on the vaccine and pray that it will be available soon. Do not share anti-vaccine conspiracy theories and have a good scientific article on hand to share with any antivaxxer you are confronted by. Do not engage in heated arguments. Pass on the information and then pray for them. I will only attempt to educate an antivaxxer once. The servant of the Lord must not strive. But be apt to teach, patient with all men. It is worth trying once because the intellectually honest will concede to science and research data and reject fantasy and imagination rhetoric that people WANT to be true but really isn't.

The information below is an example of explaining to those who admit that they have no clue how vaccines work. It is a good introductory explanation and usually enough to answer the question.

HOW VACCINES WORK

A vaccine works by training the immune system to recognize and combat pathogens, either viruses or bacteria. To do this, certain molecules from the pathogen must be introduced into the body to trigger an immune response.

These molecules are called antigens, and they are present on all viruses and bacteria. By injecting these antigens into the body, the immune system can safely learn to recognize them as hostile invaders, produce antibodies, and remember them for the future. If the bacteria or virus reappears, the immune system will recognize the antigens immediately and attack aggressively well before the pathogen can spread and cause sickness. (Orange Juice cannot do this. LOL) my comment.

The Herd Immunity Imperative

Vaccines don't just work on an individual level, they protect entire populations. Once enough people are immunized, opportunities for an outbreak of disease become so low even people who aren't immunized benefit. Essentially, a bacteria or virus simply won't have enough eligible hosts to establish a foothold and will eventually die out entirely. This phenomenon is called "herd immunity" or "community immunity," and it has allowed once-devastating diseases to be eliminated entirely, without needing to vaccinate every individual. (from publichealth.org)

More detailed information can be found at the link below, or you can simply do a google search "how do vaccines work" and find other credible sites that explain it at any level of detail you are comfortable researching, down to the published research data on all trials and tests, going back for decades. https://www.publichealth.org/public-awareness/understanding-vaccines/

Do not be made a fool of by repeating wrong information from social media anti-vaccine lies. If all the social media platforms are deleting the anti-vaccine posts then you know they are total lies and you should not repeat it and look like a fool to those who are educated on the subject. But worse than looking like a fool, you could be responsible for killing someone by persuading them not to be vaccinated and that blood will be on your hands. SO DON'T DO IT!
Everyone should research Gates, and his depopulation agenda, and about the toxins found in vaccines before agreeing to have something foreign injected into their bodies. And it is THEIR body. There is something odd about the government's push for a vaccine over a simple cold virus. Many people were severely harmed by the swine flu vaccine that was pushed through - many developed Guillian Barr syndrome and I've heard of other very severe adverse reactions.

It seems as if in a convoluted way you're attempting to warn others that if they say anything against vaccines they'll look like a fool. You also up the ante by saying you could be responsible for killing them. Maybe you need to realize that the reverse could be true: we've seen someone severely harmed by a vaccine and feel it's our duty to warn others, because, as you say, their blood could be on our hands.

Much can be done in strengthening one's immune system with vitamins. There are many antivirals such as iodine, oregano oil, real licorice root, and olive leaf extract.

S

Scribe

Everyone should research Gates, and his depopulation agenda, and about the toxins found in vaccines before agreeing to have something foreign injected into their bodies. And it is THEIR body. There is something odd about the government's push for a vaccine over a simple cold virus. Many people were severely harmed by the swine flu vaccine that was pushed through - many developed Guillian Barr syndrome and I've heard of other very severe adverse reactions.

It seems as if in a convoluted way you're attempting to warn others that if they say anything against vaccines they'll look like a fool. You also up the ante by saying you could be responsible for killing them. Maybe you need to realize that the reverse could be true: we've seen someone severely harmed by a vaccine and feel it's our duty to warn others, because, as you say, their blood could be on our hands.

Much can be done in strengthening one's immune system with vitamins. There are many antivirals such as iodine, oregano oil, real licorice root, and olive leaf extract.
The whole story on Guillian Barr syndrome and vaccines. It is more likely to get GBS after getting the flu than after the vaccination.

GBS and the link to flu vaccine
In 1976, there was a small increased risk of GBS after swine flu vaccination, which was a special flu vaccine for a potential pandemic strain of flu virus. The National Academy of Medicine, formerly known as Institute of Medicine, conducted a scientific review of this issue in 2003 and found that people who received the 1976 swine flu vaccine had an increased risk for developing GBS. The increased risk was approximately one additional case of GBS for every 100,000 people who got the swine flu vaccine. Scientists have several theories about the cause, but the exact reason for this link remains unknown.
There have been several studies of the risk of GBS after flu vaccine and CDC monitors for GBS during each flu season. The data on an association between seasonal influenza vaccine and GBS have been variable from season-to-season. When there has been an increased risk, it has consistently been in the range of 1-2 additional GBS cases per million flu vaccine doses administered.
Studies suggest that it is more likely that a person will get GBS after getting the flu than after vaccination. It is important to keep in mind that severe illness and death are associated with flu, and getting vaccinated is the best way to prevent flu infection and its complications.

Related Scientific Articles
Kawai AT, Li L, Kulldorff M, Vellozzi C, et al. Absence of associations between influenza vaccines and increased risks of seizures, Guillain-Barré syndrome, encephalitis, or anaphylaxis in the 2012-2013 seasonexternal iconexternal icon. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2014 May;23(5):548-53.
Nordin JD, Kharbanda EO, Vazquez-Benitez G, et al. Monovalent H1N1 influenza vaccine safety in pregnant women, risks for acute adverse eventsexternal iconexternal icon. Vaccine. 2014 Sep 3;32(39):4985-92.
Greene SK, Rett MD, Vellozzi C, et al. Guillain-Barré Syndrome, Influenza Vaccination, and Antecedent Respiratory and Gastrointestinal Infections: A Case-Centered Analysis in the Vaccine Safety Datalink, 2009-2011external iconexternal icon. PLoS One. 2013 Jun 26;8(6):e67185.
DA Salmon, M Proschan, R Forshee, et al.: Association between Guillain-Barre syndrome and influenza A (H1N1) 2009 monovalent inactivated vaccines in the USA: a meta-analysisexternal iconexternal icon. Lancet 2013. 381:1461-1468.
Nelson KE. Invited commentary: Influenza vaccine and Guillain-Barre syndrome–is there a risk?external iconexternal icon Am J Epidemiol. 2012 Jun 1;175(11):1129-32.
Greene SK, Rett M, Weintraub ES, et al. Risk of confirmed Guillain-Barre syndrome following receipt of monovalent inactivated influenza A (H1N1) and seasonal influenza vaccines in the Vaccine Safety Datalink Project, 2009-2010.external iconexternal icon Am J Epidemiol. 2012 Jun 1;175(11):1100-9.
JI Tokars, P Lewis, F DeStefano, et al.: The risk of Guillain-Barre syndrome associated with influenza A (H1N1) 2009 monovalent vaccine and 2009-2010 seasonal influenza vaccines: results from self-controlled analysesexternal iconexternal icon. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf.2012, 21:546-552.
R Baxter, N Lewis, N Bakshi, et al.CISA Network: Recurrent Guillain-Barre syndrome following vaccinationexternal iconexternal icon. Clin Infect Dis.2012. 54:800-804.
ME Wise, M Viray, JJ Sejvar, et al.: Guillain-Barre syndrome during the 2009-2010 H1N1 influenza vaccination campaign: population-based surveillance among 45 million Americansexternal iconexternal icon. Am J Epidemiol.2012. 175:1110-1119.
V Sivadon-Tardy, D Orlikowski, R Porcher, et al.: Guillain-Barre syndrome and influenza virus infectionexternal iconexternal icon. Clin Infect Dis.2009 Jan 48:48-56 2009.
DN Juurlink, TA Stukel, J Kwong, et al.: Guillain-Barre syndrome after influenza vaccination in adults: a population-based study.external iconexternal icon Arch Intern Med.2006. 166:2217-2221.
RA Hughes, J Charlton, R Latinovic, et al.: No association between immunization and Guillain-Barre syndrome in the United Kingdom, 1992 to 2000external iconexternal icon. Arch Intern Med.2006. 166:1301-1304.
P Haber, F DeStefano, FJ Angulo, et al.: Guillain-Barre syndrome following influenza vaccinationexternal iconexternal icon. JAMA. 292:2478-2481 2004.
T Lasky, GJ Terracciano, L Magder, et al.: The Guillain-Barre syndrome and the 1992-1993 and 1993-1994 influenza vaccines.external iconexternal icon N Engl J Med.1998. 339:1797-1802.
JE Kaplan, P Katona, ES Hurwitz, et al.: Guillain-Barre syndrome in the United States, 1979-1980 and 1980-1981. Lack of an association with influenza vaccinationexternal iconexternal icon. JAMA 1982. 248:698-700.
ES Hurwitz, LB Schonberger, DB Nelson, et al.: Guillain-Barre syndrome and the 1978-1979 influenza vaccineexternal iconexternal icon. N Engl J Med 1981. 304:1557-1561.