Pray for me?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BellaFlor
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BellaFlor

Guest
I do have told some things in another thread on here about two foreign/muslim ladies at the Dutch Course where I go to making fun of me, and also offending me a lot. Yesterday I cried when I got back home and I told all to my husband that is now having 2 weeks vacation from work. It was very hard for me. Then today before I went to course I took some time reading in God's Word, and I prayed as well, then I went with a good attitude to course.

But somehow, these ladies had planned everything differently, and the strongest one of them was very rude with me in class. I tried keeping my head cold but this didn't help, so I went out of the classroom, crying a lot, whilst I was talking to a lady that is washing around there. She is a very friendly person and I had talked several other times with her too. Then the teacher found me, and some other ladies, and the lady making fun of me came out too. And she was smiling and laughing whilst she told me she had no idea she had hurt me, and that her heart was aching 'cause of her hurting me. This all looking very fake. I mean, how many persons are becoming a lot more joyful and needs to keep on laughing when a person is crying a lot? Still, she kept on acting as if I am the one misunderstanding her, since she said she was giving me a compliment, and also meant it as a little joke.

I find this still very difficult the way it happened, and in such disrespectful manner. It truly hurt me a lot how mean some can be towards you, and I never did nor said anything bad to them earlier either. Still, they seem to find delight in picking on me. Or that is how they have been these two last days. I do plan to building up myself more during this weekend, also building up my Dutch language and learn using more good and advanced language in the way I speak. I know I can make this, I am not as bad as they tried breaking me down with yesterday, talking to me as if I had a very bad Dutch, yet, when I speak with Dutch people, both people I know and not know, most of them tells me that I have a very good Dutch. So yeah, that I might be more silent one or two days 'cause of being tired for example, doesn't means that I suddenly have a bad Dutch 'cause of that very instance or so.

I want to ask you if you can pray God fills me up with more wisdom and gives me more strenght when I go back to course again this next week, and that I may say and do what is most right. Also to mantaine stable with my emotions, and have more peace of mind and protection from God. I'd really appreciate any given prayers, no matter if it would be a prayer said by just one time.

-May God Bless You-
 
Last edited:
Dear BellaFlor,
I will be praying that God holds you in his arms at all times and gives you the strength and courage to face these women. I am reminded of Jesus' warning to his disciples in John 16:33, "I have told you these things, so that you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
Meanwhile, I believe that you should pray for these people. It is they who are truly deficient.
God bless you.
 
bella am soo sorry to hear what you are going through,may christ give you strengh and fight for you against this women,but what i would advice you is that you try to not hear them or pay attention to what they are saying about you,IGNORE them,sometimes when other weak pple wants to get strengh from hurting others,they see weather it really sinking into you,now those women they have seen that it really hurting you thats why they continue to do so becoz they are losers in some facet of their lives and they want to hurt to feel they can,ignore them and show them you are strong even when you feel as if you can broke down,just walk straight past them and no matter the comments they make,dont respond and walk on as if they are not talking to you or about you,gal i tell you within no time they will lose interest in you coz they see you arwe not getting hurt,trust me,i know how this works try it,MAY CHRIST BE WITH YOU AND GIVE YOU PEACE AND FIGHT FOR YOU,REMEMBER YOU ARE A PRINCESS IN THE KINGDOM.
 
Praying for you and these women in Jesus Christ is Lord.
Also that Jesus will keep you always in His caring arms.
God bless.
pickles
 
Thanks all. I appreciate this a lot. :)

These are grown up women as in their mid. 30'ties and mid. 40'ties of age, so as I am younger I also find this as a very immature attitude from them. But I am very grateful for your advices and prayers, and I agree with that I should also pray for them, and also start ignoring them more. These advices does makes a lot more sense and I know that taking back on them won't help much either, but only keep them continuing in getting more delighted by hurting me. I thank you all for your support, prayers and understanding. Thanks a lot! :)

God's Blessings!
 
Hi , I know whats its like to feel anxious etc. About other people, I had it on and off, but we must learn to ignore them. I know its very hard, but you are not alone, and I understand why you feel sad. God is our only hope and he sees what is happening, so take heart and love youirself and just pray for those women. Jelously is a very bad thing, and thats what they have. Amen
 
We are also put into situations from god, so that we get stronger in God. Amen
 
Thank you. :)

Yes, that they might be jealous has also come to my mind. I am a very quick learner and I also often likes to participate during class a lot, I do beleive I am a very good student, and when we had our Christmas Party before having Christmas Vacation at our course, my mentor that is also one of the teachers asked me if I wanted to do the Christmas Speech. This was reading all the Christmas Gospel in Dutch. I doubt they would have asked me if I wouldn't have been good enough with my Dutch yet, also when I read I like living myself in the story. I think she might have noticed this when we had small reading sketches to read earlier during class, 'cause I like reading as how the situation is, something my read co'partners often found as very funny(but not as in a mean way, of course)to hearing. :)

I will definitively pray for them, and that God will strenghten and helping me to ignore them, and be wise in how to speak if I might come in a situation that I can't avoid myself to talking with them. Thanks a lot for what you shared, it means a lot for me.
 
BellaFlor:
I prayed for you last night. When I opened a little devotional magazine this morning, the lesson was on courage. There was a quote at the end of the lesson, "Courage is fear that has said its prayers.". Also, I was reading the book of Jeremiah and came across this. Talking about himself, Jeremiah said "I hear many whispering,...then we will prevail over him. But the Lord is with me like a mighty warrior; so my persecutors will stumble and not prevail.". (Jeremiah 20:10-11) It sounded to me like the message was directed at you.
Keep the faith and God bless you.
 
Thank you a lot. I showed this what you wrote also to my husband to explain me more what some words means, and well, this do touches me into tears as well. It is very touching that God does sees me and my fears, also even before I have prayed to Him about them. I appreciate this very much, and I definitively will take that verse in Jeremiah to heart as something God also says to me. May God continue blessing you!
 
Bella, you're in my prayers. Here's a thought: how about praying for them? They obviously don't know God. In sad situations, we should also pray for our enemies. Show them you are stronger then them, and pray for them.

You have The Lord, thats for certain :)
 
Bella, you're in my prayers. Here's a thought: how about praying for them? They obviously don't know God. In sad situations, we should also pray for our enemies. Show them you are stronger then them, and pray for them.

You have The Lord, thats for certain :)



I will definitively pray for themquote] ;)

Thanks a lot for praying for me as well. I already feel stronger now in some way. Yet, I do feel still weak, but I might be weak in myself and then still being strong in God. Or this is how I have to remind myself whenever I might feel a bit weak when they are being mean towards me. :)
 
Hallo BellaFlor, hoe gaat het ? :P

Just pray for them BellaFlor!
See it as a great opportunity to show what Gods love is about!
I had a collegue who had some frustration towards me...I started to pray for her. And I saw her walls of 'self protection' breaking down.

Liede tonen, is het beste wapen!
 
Carry scripture on your mind. This will keep your head focused.
 
Hallo BellaFlor, hoe gaat het ? :P

Just pray for them BellaFlor!
See it as a great opportunity to show what Gods love is about!
I had a collegue who had some frustration towards me...I started to pray for her. And I saw her walls of 'self protection' breaking down.

Liede tonen, is het beste wapen!

Hallo! Met mij gaat het heel goed. :) Ik voel mij nu ook veel sterker. Ik ben blij met alle steun.

Dank je wel voor je advies.
 
Carry scripture on your mind. This will keep your head focused.

I already are doing this now, and it does helps me and comforts me a lot getting reminded of what is written in God's Word.

Still, thank you a lot for you reminding me as well. :)
 
Bella I am so sorry to read you are going through this. I do believe in my heart these women are jealous of you and also Jesus said that they would hate us because they will be able to see Jesus in us. They hated him first remember and will hate you without cause. They perceive you are different, know you are different and it rubs them the wrong way because they are not in Christ Jesus. Also I perceive they are jealous of your beauty. God I ask in Jesus name that you strengthen her during times these women are cruel to the point of making her cry. Let her know you never leave her nor forsake her. Also I ask that you reach these women because you are not willing that any should perish and you love them too so for their sakes do whatever you have to do in order to save them from hell.
 
Amen. :)

Thanks a lot sensitive. It touches me too what you just wrote here, at the same time as it makes me rejoice that I am different. God created me the way I am, and I am willing to walk around being proud of and loving myself for the way He made me. We are all made as unique and beautiful in Him. I truly appreciate your words, as I also do with everyone else who has written to me to encourage, build up and pray.

God keep blessing your very precious heart. :)