I'm going away. Probably forever. I did say my peace, but it was not approved. It was to be expected. Until never. Thank you!
You are approved by God, I know another cliche' lol, and whatever you're going through can't be worse than the majority of people in the world. Probably most human beings have been let down by another and as for me, I would just move on. I never dwell on something that didn't work out and I can't change someone's perception.I'm going away. Probably forever. I did say my peace, but it was not approved. It was to be expected. Until never. Thank you!
As a person with lifelong depression myself, who has had moments where I considered suicide, I can say tough love, if you can call what you said "tough love" (i dont think it was), doesn't work.Not to be ugly, but just to be honest and say it like it is with tough love...
So you are taking a midnight train to anywhere? Once you are done with your pity party, truly seek God and His will, then your life will turn around.
Don't expect God's favor with a negative outlook on life, when you seem to be focusing only on what is wrong, instead of what is right in all that God has done for you.
Satan seems to have you right where he wants you. Turning to God is your only escape.
As a person with lifelong depression myself, who has had moments where I considered suicide, I can say tough love, if you can call what you said "tough love" (i dont think it was), doesn't work.
People with depression are not very well helped with sterness. Nor is someone feeling fragile and vulnerable and hopeless going to respond positively to to "you're doing this and this and this wrong". Many times people with depression are much harder on themselves and more aware of their flaws than those without it.
Neither does making them feel judged help.
If you had a puppy and they were frightened when it thundered would you scold them? Give them "tough love"? No? Then why don't frightened humans deserve at least the same?
Some forms of depression are temporary, some can be rid of by certain changes in their lifestyle and others don't have the ability to make it stop. No matter the lifestyle changes, medical exams, pills, etc... because it's in their brain. Brainscans have shown a difference in areas of the brain that don't activate in depressed people that do in people without depression.
Responses like yours are why people suffering with depression, or other mental illnesses, don't want to tell others or get help. They fear ignorant and harsh responses.
===========
THANK YOU FOR "THE SCIENTIFIC ANALYSIS". Like everything else, I guess "being real, and looking at a situation for what it truly is", is a thing of the past.
It was clear that a pity party was going on there, which I acknowledged.
I have had and overcome depression, and am keenly aware of it's effects. What I didn't need was someone to "baby me back to health and recovery". I appreciated the fact that I had to look at the situation for what it was and face it head on, along with God's grace.
And of course, as with anything... people have their own ways of dealing with things emotionally, and fault will be found with ANY response I or anyone else offers.
Why until never? Wouldn't you like to encounter your collocutors in the Kingdom of Heaven?I'm going away. Probably forever. I did say my peace, but it was not approved. It was to be expected. Until never. Thank you!