Pray for our Nation, the Philippines

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Hi all,

With the situation we are now facing in, please pray for our Government Officials from President to down. Christians awake!

God bless

1LonelyKnight

In some ways the USA loses face in it's so called "war on drugs" and it's promotion of idolatry and fornication and witch craft. It became a lawyer-judge-politician-media-military- prison-pharmaceutical BUSI.NESS. Drugs as Biblical "pharmakeia is a sign of the sorcery/witchcraft rampant in these and other institutions and social groups. Suffer not a witch to live.

So call them out, to repentance, to be born again from a higher place. God is not mocked, but God is patient not willing that any perish but that all come to a saving knowledge of repentance. Let us pray for this saving knowledge in and for the Philippines, the USA, Europe and the UK - in Africa and Asia and the world over - going to all nations, into all the world preaching this gospel of repentance into salvation and. by regeneration in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

blessedjohn80

Mar 6, 2016
Hi all,

With the situation we are now facing in, please pray for our Government Officials from President to down. Christians awake!

God bless
Amen. My family will continue to pray for our nation. Let's also be confident that our Father in Heaven has great plans for this corrupt country.

"And we know that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

So call them out, to repentance, to be born again from a higher place. God is not mocked, but God is patient not willing that any perish but that all come to a saving knowledge of repentance. Let us pray for this saving knowledge in and for the Philippines, the USA, Europe and the UK - in Africa and Asia and the world over - going to all nations, into all the world preaching this gospel of repentance into salvation and. by regeneration in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Amen and amen! Peace.

lv2ski

Aug 20, 2016
What's going on?

lv2ski

Aug 20, 2016
A prayer request for our country that is going through a very controversial war on drugs.
I will. I've never heard that before. I've heard about the Muslim groups but not drugs

KCSB

Sep 23, 2016
Pray and let God do everything. God excist. Everything has a reason because Lord God has a good plan for us. Lord know what will happen. Lord Knows everything what is better ❤️

T

torus

Yes. Please pray for our nation. God alone is our hope. China is trampling of us, and our President goes to woo it for trade which has been and will likely always be terribly lopsided in their favor. They see and treat us as inferiors. WE cannot count on any so called allies. The logical solutions seem to be in 2 options only: Military ( which we are unable to carry out) and economical (the world community applying economic sanctions/ pressure on PROC by ceasing to do business with them). It does not seem like we would get any support for the latter. Let us put our hope in God alone. Not in our President, or this government.

T

torus

..trampling on us,... Sorry for the misspell.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
..trampling on us,... Sorry for the misspell.
Hi Torus,

I agree mainly with what you post, we should trust God and pray for our nation.
Mahal natin ang bayan, ang demokrasya... did you know that foreign missionaries
are now mostly Filipinos... bakit? kasi we can easily adjust to any economic, culture,
and language (not to boast). We hope that democracy will still uphold every Filipino
people... Anyway napalayo na ata ako...cge basta pray and pray... God bless

T

torus

Hi Torus,

I agree mainly with what you post, we should trust God and pray for our nation.
Mahal natin ang bayan, ang demokrasya... did you know that foreign missionaries
are now mostly Filipinos... bakit? kasi we can easily adjust to any economic, culture,
and language (not to boast). We hope that democracy will still uphold every Filipino
people... Anyway napalayo na ata ako...cge basta pray and pray... God bless
Yes, fredofheaven. That is true. We have a knack for learning languages. We are resilient and adaptable. Thank God for all that. Grace and peace.

FIRE_of_ELIJAH

Feb 5, 2013
Yes. Please pray for our nation. God alone is our hope. China is trampling of us, and our President goes to woo it for trade which has been and will likely always be terribly lopsided in their favor. They see and treat us as inferiors. WE cannot count on any so called allies. The logical solutions seem to be in 2 options only: Military ( which we are unable to carry out) and economical (the world community applying economic sanctions/ pressure on PROC by ceasing to do business with them). It does not seem like we would get any support for the latter. Let us put our hope in God alone. Not in our President, or this government.
YOu are terribly wrong !!!! I believe the wisdom of our president . He can do a better job as pres that's why God put him as a leader. You seem bragging that you are better than our president in running a nation. Who are you compared to him? Show some respect, You made us look bad to other nation. It's too early in making a judgment for his presidency. It's been four months for heavens sake. Look at how big he accomplished so far ,which is no prev presidents have ever done before. As far as alliance with china is concerned, i think it gives us positive impact both military and economic. Imagine 24 billions of dollar lang naman ang pinahiram sa atin which america(our so called long time ally) can't even provide. I wonder if america is really our ally, isn't america really our ally? All obama did was nothing but disrespecting our pres on his war on his drug campaign. Obama doesn't have the right to criticize duterte. Philippine is a sovereign nation and he doesn't have the right to treat our president as his puppet.

As for china issue.. the truth is China is strong militarily and Philippines is weak. Make a choice ... confront China and loose everything or negotiate and bring benefits for the Filipinos. Is making a right choice requires wisdom? Or how do you deal with the truth then? By not not being well informed and has some wisdom? Come on don't be a hypocrite. What kind of premise are you trying to insinuate??

du30 is not giving up the EEZ in south China sea, hes playing smart here. he knows and he said that he can't win a war with China. that money for funding a war can really help the poor so why waste them. "if you cant defeat them join them".if you are friends with China you can access the EEZ. while US fake ally is bashing him for the actions on criminals. the heck they kill black innocent there w/ no guns?

blessedjohn80

Mar 6, 2016
YOu are terribly wrong !!!! I believe the wisdom of our president . He can do a better job as pres that's why God put him as a leader. You seem bragging that you are better than our president in running a nation. Who are you compared to him? Show some respect, You made us look bad to other nation. It's too early in making a judgment for his presidency. It's been four months for heavens sake. Look at how big he accomplished so far ,which is no prev presidents have ever done before. As far as alliance with china is concerned, i think it gives us positive impact both military and economic. Imagine 24 billions of dollar lang naman ang pinahiram sa atin which america(our so called long time ally) can't even provide. I wonder if america is really our ally, isn't america really our ally? All obama did was nothing but disrespecting our pres on his war on his drug campaign. Obama doesn't have the right to criticize duterte. Philippine is a sovereign nation and he doesn't have the right to treat our president as his puppet.

As for china issue.. the truth is China is strong militarily and Philippines is weak. Make a choice ... confront China and loose everything or negotiate and bring benefits for the Filipinos. Is making a right choice requires wisdom? Or how do you deal with the truth then? By not not being well informed and has some wisdom? Come on don't be a hypocrite. What kind of premise are you trying to insinuate??

du30 is not giving up the EEZ in south China sea, hes playing smart here. he knows and he said that he can't win a war with China. that money for funding a war can really help the poor so why waste them. "if you cant defeat them join them".if you are friends with China you can access the EEZ. while US fake ally is bashing him for the actions on criminals. the heck they kill black innocent there w/ no guns?
I agree with you in most of your points about our president and his administration. However, I think you may be generalizing your views towards China and the U.S. just as Torus was generalizing his views about our president and our current government.

We all have views and opinions, all would seem right in our own eyes but what really matters is what God sees right?
Let's not turn this prayer request into a battle of who's right and who's wrong. In the end, we all want peace and prosperity in our country. We all want the same good things no matter what our standing may be.

Why care if we are inferior or not? And what would it take to earn the right to criticize someone? All these things doesn't really matter because we are Christians. Our true place is with God in heaven. So let's just all pray and trust God.

Remember, Sodom and Gomorrah? And how Abraham pleaded with God to spare it because his cousin Lot was living there?

Abraham started the conversation by asking the LORD, "Will you sweep away both the righteous and the wicked? Suppose you find fifty righteous people living there in the city—will you still sweep it away and not spare it for their sakes?"

"Finally, Abraham said, “Lord, please don’t be angry with me if I speak one more time. Suppose only ten are found there?”

"And the Lord replied, “Then I will not destroy it for the sake of the ten."

Can you believe that God would spare a sinful country even if there are only 10 righteous people living there? God is truly merciful and gracious! How much more now that we, as Christians, who put our faith and trust in Christ Jesus, the one and only righteous person ever, would receive mercy and grace from our God.

As Christians, where ever you are, you will be safe and protected. Whether you are in a car, train, plane or even in a country, that place will be safe for you, because of Christ.

Let us always put our trust in God first and then we will see that there is hope everywhere we go, in everything we do, and in every people we meet.

Grace and Peace to all.

Feb 5, 2013
I agree with you in most of your points about our president and his administration. However, I think you may be generalizing your views towards China and the U.S. just as Torus was generalizing his views about our president and our current government.

We all have views and opinions, all would seem right in our own eyes but what really matters is what God sees right?
Let's not turn this prayer request into a battle of who's right and who's wrong. In the end, we all want peace and prosperity in our country. We all want the same good things no matter what our standing may be.

Why care if we are inferior or not? And what would it take to earn the right to criticize someone? All these things doesn't really matter because we are Christians. Our true place is with God in heaven. So let's just all pray and trust God.

Remember, Sodom and Gomorrah? And how Abraham pleaded with God to spare it because his cousin Lot was living there?

Abraham started the conversation by asking the LORD, "Will you sweep away both the righteous and the wicked? Suppose you find fifty righteous people living there in the city—will you still sweep it away and not spare it for their sakes?"

"Finally, Abraham said, “Lord, please don’t be angry with me if I speak one more time. Suppose only ten are found there?”

"And the Lord replied, “Then I will not destroy it for the sake of the ten."

Can you believe that God would spare a sinful country even if there are only 10 righteous people living there? God is truly merciful and gracious! How much more now that we, as Christians, who put our faith and trust in Christ Jesus, the one and only righteous person ever, would receive mercy and grace from our God.

As Christians, where ever you are, you will be safe and protected. Whether you are in a car, train, plane or even in a country, that place will be safe for you, because of Christ.

Let us always put our trust in God first and then we will see that there is hope everywhere we go, in everything we do, and in every people we meet.

Grace and Peace to all.
You seem don't understand my point but i agreed few of your suggestion-(Let us put trust on our Lord). however, i can clearly see that you have not fully understand about the issue of south china sea and the relation we had in america, study geopolitics first, just my simple advice. And also you seem unable to comprehend the war on drugs we had right now, as you said it's controversial. There's no such thing like that, the war on drugs campaign by the d30 administration is in fact very successful so far. imagine, theres nowhere in history of the philippines that 700,000 of drug users,dealers,pushers surrendered themselves to the authorities. Sadly 3k were dead because some were killed during resistance arrest, and some were killed by vigilant and by fellow gangsters in order to keep their mouth shut. There's no such thing as EJK done by d30's camp as the bad media wanted to question it.

when the lives of criminals are in danger they have human rights,media,and international court but the lives of the victims because of drugs in the philippines nobody seems to care....infants,children,teenagers and adults were RAPE and KILLED because of DRUGS....we are talking about thousands of lives and the media focusing on the interview about war on drugs????TALK ABOUT THEIR VICTIMS TOO!!!!! Who killed these illegitimate killings(narco politicians now called it extra judicial killings but during the aquino administration they called it riding in tandem) it seems the media(cnn,aljazeera,even locals like abs-cbn,gma) are pointing their finger to our president that he orders these illegitimate killings now remember, these people involved in drugs are politicians,policemen,military men,and baranggay officials and judges.do you think they won't kill their own men to clean their names?????

Before i forget , look at our GDP in third quarter of 2016, it increases to 7.1% and keep rising, much higher than china ,indonesia and vietnam. It's very clear that this administration is very responsible compared to the previous. OK GOD bless !!!!

Jun 11, 2016
Isn't Duterte a Christian? He seems to be doing an amazing job of eradicating the drugs trade from your country

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
Victory church prays for Duterte. The Victory leader could be one of his advisers because he was one of his delagates when he went to Japan for a political visit. Duterte said he does not believe in religion but he believes in God. To those who are against death penalty in our country, he justifies his stand by quoting the Bible that it is lawful because God gives authority to the government to impose it. Manny Pacquiao is also not ashamed to quote the Bible in his speeches in the debates in the Philippine senate.

Feb 5, 2013
**quoted post removed**

My friend, Im sorry you have wrong information regarding the killings here. I guess you got your source from cnn or maybe aljazeera or bbc. All these media are bias, they tell the world half truth as well as half lies about duterte. There's no proof and evidence that he committed those extra killings, he would have gone to jail or impeached if those allegations were true. Trust me, we live here so we knew what happened better than you knw. This is new to us that Duterte admitted the existence of DDS(aka davao death squad), never in our local news here,He never once said and never been . He always said DDS doesn't exist. That allegation made by human rights has already started ever since he was mayor in davao city, and it hasn't proven. The chr aka commission of human rights itself declared that there's NO such a thing like DDS. The CHR lose the case a long time ago regarding this.

Last edited by a moderator:

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
My friend, Im sorry you have wrong information regarding the killings here. I guess you got your source from cnn or maybe aljazeera or bbc. All these media are bias, they tell the world half truth as well as half lies about duterte. There's no proof and evidence that he committed those extra killings, he would have gone to jail or impeached if those allegations were true. Trust me, we live here so we knew what happened better than you knw. This is new to us that Duterte admitted the existence of DDS(aka davao death squad), never in our local news here,He never once said and never been . He always said DDS doesn't exist. That allegation made by human rights has already started ever since he was mayor in davao city, and it hasn't proven. The chr aka commission of human rights itself declared that there's NO such a thing like DDS. The CHR lose the case a long time ago regarding this.
I'm sorry if I offended you.
I didn't mean to.
I should have been more circumspect in my language.

I get all of my news about the Philippines directly from the Philippines, and directly from Philippines news sources.

Nonetheless, I should have taken more care not to be offensive.

The Republic Of The Philippines is a sovereign and independent nation, and you have every right to govern yourselves however you see fit.
The Philippines isn't required to explain itself.

I probably shouldn't have commented in this thread at all, other than to agree that our nations, and our leaders, need prayer.

I'm used to discussing politics in America with other Americans, in the frank and direct way we do things here.
Please accept my apologies if I offended you.
I should have kept my opinions to myself.
Many people in America really DO care about the Philippines.... and this is why we are concerned with WHOEVER happens to be your president.
We pay attention, and form opinions, because we care.
But, care can be shown in different ways.
Sometimes we need to "care" while keeping our opinions to ourselves.
: )

God Bless,
Max

M

MissionaryforJesus

We pray daily for the Philippines. We have been here for 10 years now and have a heart for the Filipinos.