prayer against evil one

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

priestessblue

I need prayer for this. I have a phobia of rats and feel that satan actually sends me images of them. Nope, I'm not psychotic but I am depressed and an abuse survivor. I don't want anyone to tell me I'm nuts or crazy, I'm intelligent, lucid, and educated, but this is freaking me out. It seems to come when I am most vulnerable. How do you pray against this? Anyone have anything similar? Does the devil work in this way?

PB

Oct 16, 2011
I will advise you to wait upon the Lord by fasting for 3 days. The Lord Jesus will change your story. There are scriptures and teachings you can follow on Welcome to Tim Omotoso Global Outreach! to catapult you to the next level. NB: Make sure that you read PSALM 91 before you sleep.

P

priestessblue

Ok, thank you, psalm 91 is very good.

W

woodl

I need prayer for this. I have a phobia of rats and feel that satan actually sends me images of them. Nope, I'm not psychotic but I am depressed and an abuse survivor. I don't want anyone to tell me I'm nuts or crazy, I'm intelligent, lucid, and educated, but this is freaking me out. It seems to come when I am most vulnerable. How do you pray against this? Anyone have anything similar? Does the devil work in this way?

PB
Hello priestessblue, no I don't think you're nuts or crazy. Satan is powerful, he can come at you in many different forms. God said if we were able to see the spirit world we couldn't handle it. As long as your heart belong to the Lord satan can't touch you. He can hit all around you but God won't aloud him to touch you. Just remember what Jesus said, fear not for I am with you even to the end of the world.
Anytime you feel like satan is trying to attack, you just whisper his name, satan trembles at his name.

O mighty God I lift up priestessblue to you in the name of Jesus, let her feel your present and asure her that satan has no hold over her as long as she is yours. Satan is a lier and the father of all lies. In the Holy name of Jesus I pray, amen

You take care of yourself and when you are feeling depressed or anything else,come on in to christian chat. You find good fellowship with people that love you, and remember Jesus love you.

P

priestessblue

Thank you, woodl, and bless your kind heart. I lived in NC for awhile and there are such good people in that state who truly love Jesus Christ. Bless you

S

shekaniah

Lord fill her mind so full of your words and things that bring joy to her spirit, that the enemy will flee. She is a child of God and the evil one cannot hurt her. No weapon formed against her shall prosper. We ask this in Jesus mighty name Amen

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Wow, didnt think anyone else had this fear, mine came from my fahter killing them in front of me when I was two.
No details said as itwas pretty bad.
But I understand.
I have found that forgivness and praise has always helped bring all that is healing in Jesus.
yup! Praise God for rats! :)
Praying in Jesus for all that is His healing and comfort for you.

Hugs and God bless.
pickles

P

priestessblue

thank you shekaniah and pickles you always have faithful prayers for me - wow, that is bold to praise god for rats, wow, ok, maybe i will try that - just did. hmm -

W

Warrior777

Actually it will take just a bit more than to praise God for rats. You are in a spiritual battle. The reason why the enemy is doing this to you without letting up is, because he has a right to do that, if there is an open door for him to come in. From what you are telling me there still might be. You said that you are depressed and an abuse survivor. That is one indication that there still is. Abuse is like a trauma to you and your soul and/or body. In the spiritual realm demonic forces can take advantage of that and build a stronghold in you soul (mind, emotions and will) from where they then can torment you, which they have been doing. One thing they do is to try to drive you crazy with these images. There is a spirit of depression that is very common after abuse also. This one wants to make sure that you are not getting out of that slump, by hitting you in your emotions and weakening your will to do anything about it.
In a nutshell - and there is much more to this - you have to go back to the origin of the breach, which here might be the abuse (or more - I don't know your whole background) and first of all forgive your abuser. That is very important! Without forgiveness you can't really be healed and you hold yourself back. If you have done that already, with your whole heart! then the next step is to get right with God on every level and about anything through repentance. Even if it might not have been your fault (yes, even the abuse), for depression and letting depression come in, any curses you spoke over yourself, that others spoke or generational or even dedicational curses need to be broken. Anything where you or your family line before had dabbled in the occult has to be repented of.
The next step is to renounce these things, this is like ripping up a contract that the enemy had against you to do these things to you, because of sin, trauma, curses, etc. It's as simple as speaking out that you are renouncing the sin and the action behind this and have nothing to do with it anymore.
Then the main thing is important not to forget. The enemy is not always leaving right then and there, at times they have to be evicted by force like a squatting tenant that just had already been served their eviction papers.
You need to cast these things out from you by just telling them to go out and leave you alone and not to come back ! to get out of your head, mind, emotions. If you can do that with someone that is with you at that point that might help to speak that out over you, but you can do it by yourself.

Be sure before all that actually to put on the armor of God (Eph 6). Put a hedge of protection over you and plead the blood of Jesus over you, spirit, soul and body.

Then ask the Holy Spirit to re-fill you up and put on a garment of praise for the cloak of heaviness and depression, then you can think on good thoughts and read your Bible and memorize scripture etc...
Now this is just very bare bones description of deliverance. There are several good books out there that could help you also to learn more about this or even internet sites:

Remnant Warrior Christian Ministries - International Full Gospel Evangelists James and Kim Stanton

Deliverance Ministry London UK, World Evangelism, healing the sick and the broken-hearted - Vincent ten Bouwhuis Ministries

Count Down USA

These are just a few with resources to help people with all kinds of problems.

P

priestessblue

Warrior777, appreciate your words, but no six year old girl is responsible for ANY kind of abuse. EVER. PERIOD. END OF SENTENCE. Got it? Hope I'm hearing you wrong b/c I am a very feisty person if I feel I am being disrespected in any way.
If I'm wrong, you let me know.

P

priestessblue

Even if it might not have been your fault (yes, even the abuse)

That was your sentence and what I specifically speak to.

A

AnandaHya

Warrior777, appreciate your words, but no six year old girl is responsible for ANY kind of abuse. EVER. PERIOD. END OF SENTENCE. Got it? Hope I'm hearing you wrong b/c I am a very feisty person if I feel I am being disrespected in any way.
i wouldn't give too much heed to false unbiblical spiritual warfare warriors, personally.

I agree victims don't ask to be abused. Jesus heals and reassures us with these words:

James 1

2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind

I like Pickles suggestion of thanking God for the rats and praying about why God made rats in the first place.

personally I really dislike alligators and snakes and used to have nightmares about them, but when you think that rats are part of the food web and what would owls eat if the rats were not around?

what is the worst that rats could do to you? destroy your flesh and then what would happen? you would be with YOUR Father in heaven.

I find that trusting in God and His providence in that nothing bad can happen to me without Him knowing and how He can save and change what people mean for evil to good.

like when Joseph's brothers sold him into slavery but how Joseph ended up saving his family by storing food during the seven years of plenty to feed the people during the seven years of famine.

Last edited:
P

priestessblue

Thank you, Ananda, your words truly helped me b/c that email shook me up. And made me mad, frankly. Bless your kind good heart. I do think of Joseph's story sometimes, and you are correct about rats and the food chain even though frankly they really repulse me.

A

AnandaHya

Thank you, Ananda, your words truly helped me b/c that email shook me up. And made me mad, frankly. Bless your kind good heart. I do think of Joseph's story sometimes, and you are correct about rats and the food chain even though frankly they really repulse me.
no prob. some of the things they say rings a little true some of the time because they do get their inspiration for their fairy tales from a few verses pulled out of scripture, but most of the time there is too much placed on what YOU need to do and too little upon the Love and Grace of what Jesus has already done for us.

Truthfully the website reminds me of Job's friends giving him advice that was not from God but sure sounded holy and self righteous. they keep telling him how he should be more righteous and needed to this and that and that was why he was being punished by God when that was not what was happening at all. God comes in the end and straightens it all out and makes those guys apologize and humble themselves before Job and ask for him to pray intercession on their behalf so they won't be punished for their lies and deception.

its the newest craze, but the thing is I find the same tactics for fighting demons and things on Buddhist and Hindu websites so what does that tell you about the tactics?

anyways just be careful, not all that glitters is gold.

W

Warrior777

No I didn't say the abuse was your fault, how could I, actually I even mentioned that I do not know anything about your history, so it's hard to pinpoint things. Sorry to hear that has happened to you, this is a terrible thing to go through and then especially as a child.
In most cases, and this is in general, the abused is not directly responsible for their abuse, especially not children themselves. I think I tried to put too many things in one sentence, sorry for the confusion.
What I meant was that you have to bring this before God also. The trauma happened and it's the entry door for the enemy to gain access, in spite of NOT being your fault. I know that doesn't seem fair, but that's the way it happens in the spiritual realm. What needs to be done with this is to break any generational curses that might be involved about this issue, this is one way to shut the door once and for all. I don't know if you familiar with your family history and if there were any abuse issues (either being the abuser or being abused). But even if you don't know and mostly we don't know what happened 4 generations back or more, you can stand in the gap (intercession) for your family line (with any issue known or unknown), it's like you repent before God for what they did but it is on your behalf for yourself and your descendant's behalf, so you can break that curse once and for all to stop that right there.

There are curses that are on individuals and then there are some that go for several generations. The Bible is very clear about these things. Curses are rights that the enemy has because of sin, now again, that does not have to be the sin of the person that this is happening to, it could be one on the family line. There are instances where people suffered abuse, sickness, premature deaths, etc throughout multiple generations in a family line. Once the curse is broken it stops.
Unfortunately these things are not widely taught anymore in our churches and many people are suffering and being tormented by the enemy because of this.
This is a very large subject and it is hard to take out just a tiny part of it and trying to explain this in a short paragraph, that's why I gave you the links to check out for more info and materials.

We ( a ministry that I was part of for several years) helped thousands of people around the world through deliverance and inner healing, there is so much more to it but I can only scratch the surface here and give you the basic just of it.
We had a case where a father had molested all his children, all 6 of them boys and girls, when they where young, terrible situation. Those children now grown adults and some having families of their own, some had one broken relationship after another, could not trust and all had to deal with a wounded spirit. Through deliverance over a time frame they experienced healing and forgiveness, were set free from anger, depression, and some are now in happy marriages.
We had instances where people were abused through occult rituals, those are dedicational curses, that need to be broken and then the enemy cast out, that doesn't happen all by itself automatically.
There are ways that work, some better, others not so much. Every situation is different but the spiritual realm has an order of things, even the demonic realm. The key is to know your enemy and then use these things against them applying biblical principles.
The only thing I can tell you is that deliverance this way works, God wants to heal and set free and deliver, no matter what our issues are.
I also am talking about personal experience with deliverance myself. I hope you hear my heart in this, to bring information that can be applied to help people to get set free from, torment, torture, bondage and strongholds of the enemy that came to kill steal and destroy.

W

Warrior777

i wouldn't give too much heed to false unbiblical spiritual warfare warriors, personally.

I agree victims don't ask to be abused. Jesus heals and reassures us with these words:

James 1

2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind

I like Pickles suggestion of thanking God for the rats and praying about why God made rats in the first place.

personally I really dislike alligators and snakes and used to have nightmares about them, but when you think that rats are part of the food web and what would owls eat if the rats were not around?

what is the worst that rats could do to you? destroy your flesh and then what would happen? you would be with YOUR Father in heaven.

I find that trusting in God and His providence in that nothing bad can happen to me without Him knowing and how He can save and change what people mean for evil to good.

like when Joseph's brothers sold him into slavery but how Joseph ended up saving his family by storing food during the seven years of plenty to feed the people during the seven years of famine.

So what do you know about me that gives you the right to judge and accuse me in this? You have no idea where I am coming from, who I am or what I do or what I believe in the entirety and why.

There is also a verse that says:
Matt 7:2-2
1 “Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

Yo have no idea what you are saying, and how many people have been helped by this deliverance already.

To the verse you quoted from 2 Tim: so what do YOU do when someone is actually dealing with a spirit of fear, so much so that they do not even want to step out of their house and depression that they are afraid to go in public among people? What do you do when this demon does not let them go and wants to kill them to push them to kill themselves or driving them to hurt themselves, because they hear voices in their head and around them that are condemning them day and night?
Please, before you judge something at least investigate the entire background and history and see where they are coming from, what they are doing and the fruit of it and do some more and deeper research in the Scriptures, there might be something you have maybe overlooked, otherwise you put yourself above them thinking that you know it all and everything about them and just in case that they might be right, by judging someone like that, you are attacking the Holy Spirit at the same time.

They accused Jesus of them same thing also:

Matt 12:22-31
22 Then one was brought to Him who was demon-possessed, blind and mute; and He healed him, so that the blind and mute man both spoke and saw. 23 And all the multitudes were amazed and said, “Could this be the Son of David?”
24 Now when the Pharisees heard it they said, “This fellow does not cast out demons except by Beelzebub,the ruler of the demons.”
25 But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand. 26 If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand? 27 And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges. 28 But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29 Or how can one enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. 30 He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.
31 “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

I don't know about you, or Hindus or Buddhists, but I cast out demons in the name of JESUS!
It's Jesus through the Holy Spirit who is doing this deliverance and by you calling it of the devil and unbiblical it's the same as when you are saying that what the Holy Spirit is doing is of the devil!
Which is getting close to blaspheming the Holy Spirit ! So please be careful what you say just because you don't fully understand it or even if you just don't agree with it, it might come back at you...

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AnandaHya

yes the threat of the blasphemy the Holy Spirit the age old threat by those who speak of things they have no clue of.

I know what the affects of your words cause in the life of the one who read what you wrote.

You know broad generalities that you try to blanketly apply haphazardly into the lives of everyone you meet though you don't bother to pray before you speak.

Satan and his demons have NO legal rights. that in itself is NOT Biblical. the only one who has rights to anything or anyone is JESUS CHRIST. anyone or anything else is a thief and a liar.

You can continue to believe lies if you like but I have studied your brand of spiritual warfare and find it false. the red flag is that you do not bother to learn and listen but automatically accuse her and reopen a wound that God has bandage and is now currently healing with words that are not true.

I have nothing against you personally. I just do not tolerate lies and arrows thrown at those I consider my friends and was speaking to my sister in Christ to strengthen her Faith in God and His promise so that she could resist this spiritual attack.

for that is what your words are though you are too blind to see the harm they do or would have done if God was not shielding us in His Truth and Love.

learn the meaning of these verses:

Matthew 7:21-23
New King James Version (NKJV)

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

their teachings are unbiblical, I can post quotes from the websites you have posted and the scriptures they contradict if you like and if I have time.

A

AnandaHya

so what do YOU do when someone is actually dealing with a spirit of fear, so much so that they do not even want to step out of their house and depression that they are afraid to go in public among people? What do you do when this demon does not let them go and wants to kill them to push them to kill themselves or driving them to hurt themselves, because they hear voices in their head and around them that are condemning them day and night? .
you obviously don't know me or my background or you would know already I have seen and spoken to enough demons to know that I place my trust in JESUS and His Love and faithfulness and not what I might do or say but what HE does and what HE wills to happen.

I would pray with that person. Read the Bible with them, listen to songs that praise God. talk to them about their life. listen to their fears and the strongholds that war against the knowledge of God and pray and show them the scriptures or the words God places in my heart to speak to them.

I would bind the demons and pray that Jesus take care of them and not worry about them anymore but trust in God to deal with the supernatural as I deal with helping the person heal and overcome the Enemy and their lies.

I would pray and continue in trust and faith in God's promise and praising Him and showing that person courage and love so that they might overcome their fear and sense what the Holy SPIRIT within them says and reassures them: that they are beloved children of GOD and no matter what GOD loves them

. NOT because of what they do or don't do but because that is HIS nature. for His love and His grace is FREE and those Jesus frees are free indeed. It is not by works but grace that they are saved. though they might not feel worthy, it is not by their works they are beloved but because GOD has chosen them to love and to redeem.

I would reassure them of God's love and His promises and not add to their burdens or place stumbling blocks with lies and false doctrines invented by the minds of men or whispered into the hearts of men by deceiving spirits.

W

Warrior777

yes the threat of the blasphemy the Holy Spirit the age old threat by those who speak of things they have no clue of.

I know what the affects of your words cause in the life of the one who read what you wrote.

You know broad generalities that you try to blanketly apply haphazardly into the lives of everyone you meet though you don't bother to pray before you speak.

Satan and his demons have NO legal rights. that in itself is NOT Biblical. the only one who has rights to anything or anyone is JESUS CHRIST. anyone or anything else is a thief and a liar.

You can continue to believe lies if you like but I have studied your brand of spiritual warfare and find it false. the red flag is that you do not bother to learn and listen but automatically accuse her and reopen a wound that God has bandage and is now currently healing with words that are not true.

I have nothing against you personally. I just do not tolerate lies and arrows thrown at those I consider my friends and was speaking to my sister in Christ to strengthen her Faith in God and His promise so that she could resist this spiritual attack.

for that is what your words are though you are too blind to see the harm they do or would have done if God was not shielding us in His Truth and Love.

learn the meaning of these verses:

Matthew 7:21-23
New King James Version (NKJV)

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

their teachings are unbiblical, I can post quotes from the websites you have posted and the scriptures they contradict if you like and if I have time.
Again,more accusation and you must know all details of my life what I do and what I do not do. Amazing! The only thing about it is that you are totally wrong about it. And you are just accusing me of something that you are doing right now yourself. You make an assumption and deliver it as fact, you attack me personally, even if you say you don't (usually people revert to ad hominem attacks if they don't have anything constructive to contribute anymore and they are lacking evidence!). You say you know all about my ministry because you have studied it?! You even tell me that I do not pray before I speak! Wow really!?
You have not the slightest idea about me to begin with or what I did before I decided to write this or anything else for that matter.
I always ask God and especially in these cases, as with this one, if I should answer and what part of it.
That you don't like or agree with it, because you are missing some biblical understanding is another issue!

The problem with these forums is that you can't talk directly to the other person, can't be there and pray for them - like you mentioned - and can't really get into deeper issues, because for that I would have to spend quite some time with the person. Sometimes this is not possible but one can still share the basic information of what they can do and then point them into the right direction to get the needed help. I do not do anything haphazardly, I take a lot of time to answer these posts and most times there is a lot of research and/or experience behind this and YES at the same time prayer and listening to the Spirit. So please DO NOT act like you know me, because you don't and all you accusations against me are plainly false!

Further, how can I rip open an old wound if the wound was not still there?!. So what you are telling me is that she is still wounded but it's buried somewhere, and that is exactly the problem, when JESUS heals, he heals completely and then there would not have been a wound anymore. But as you can see that depression and demonic attacks are still there and let her to come here to share this with us to receive help.
How on earth and where did I accuse her? I don't know what you are reading into this? The only accusation came from you so far! - and you think the way you are doing this is guided by the Holy Spirit? False accusations against a fellow Christian,hmm?! Sounds more like "the accuser of the brethren"...

If you do not deal with it, it will NOT go away by itself and Jesus will not do the work for us that He said we should do ourselves! We get that all the time, Christians that have been receiving prayer for the same things over and over again but in many of their cases without result of their healing or issue resolved, at times would get better and then it comes back.

If you think that satan has no legal rights just because someone is a Christian than you are in grave error!
Every sin for example is an open door for the enemy to get a legal right! e.g. and the sin of unforgiveness can even keep you out of heaven like so many others. Don't be deceived.

Also talking about being unbiblical. Jesus commanded us, not suggested it, to cast out demons:

Matthew 10:7-9
7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ 8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

Mark 16:15-20
15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
19 So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. 20 And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen

You said you have seen and talked to enough demons, so what then?
All that you wrote after that is OK, but if you just bind the demons without casting them out then they are most likely still there.

Mark 3:14-16
Then He appointed twelve,that they might be with Him and that He might send them out to preach, 15 and to have power to heal sicknesses and to cast out demons:

Mark 6
12 So they went out and preached that people should repent. 13 And they cast out many demons, and anointed with oil many who were sick, and healed them.

Luke 9:1
Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases.

Acts 8:5-8
5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria and preached Christ to them. 6 And the multitudes with one accord heeded the things spoken by Philip, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did. 7 For unclean spirits, crying with a loud voice, came out of many who were possessed; and many who were paralyzed and lame were healed. 8 And there was great joy in that city.
In all these verses, and there are still more, it says that He gave US the authority to do these things and to cast out demons...

If you are a believer these signs will follow, no doubt about it!
If we don't do it then we are in direct rebellion to the command of Jesus!

Whatever scriptures you think you have that contradict the words of Jesus, well, study them again and see them in the whole context. But since you think those are all lies, then there is nothing really that I can say or quote, because you have already set your mind to not believing me, since you know me so well...

A

AnandaHya

what legal right did Satan have to torment and tempt Jesus?

put aside your offended pride and see the bigger picture.