Prayer for a Friend

  • Thread starter Thread starter ashleyrachael
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

ashleyrachael

Guest
Hi All,

I don't often post anything on the forums but something happened today that has really pressed on my heart to request prayer for someone I know. Actually 2 people that I know.

My friend and coworker came back into work from vacation and I found out that she has been hit hard with her colitis again. She was diagnosed about 5 years ago with this disease, and has since then been dealing with it off and on. She has been hospitalized 2 times in the time that I have known her and it has greatly affected her life. The last 2 years has actually been the best for her, she had not had any huge flare ups of the disease and it seemed like she was going to be ok.

Unfortunately, while on vacation, it came back and hit her pretty bad. I'll post a link that gives a brief description of this disease. If you know anyone that has it, you heart really truly goes out to those people.

She came into my office to let me know that she wasn't going to be at work for awhile due to having many doctors appointments and needing to meet with a specialist. I looked at her, and asked, " Are you ok?" and she just looked at me and broke down. I don't personally know from experience what she is dealing with, but I have known her a long time and know how much this disease can take toll on a person emotionally and physically.

She is on steroids for now to make sure she doesn't drop a ton of weight and its so hard to see someone you care about dealing with a chronic illness. I am positive there are many people here who can relate with knowing or having someone close to them deal with an on-going disease for a loved one, and it can be so dis-heartening. Ironically, another friend/co-worker of mine has a sister dealing with the exact same thing, and she is only 22. Its the type of disease that basically sets you up to have colon cancer and many health issues for the future.

If you could all say a prayer for these 2 lovely woman, I would really appreciate it. Please continue to even pray that more awareness would be made on this disease.

As it is written in James 5:16. "..The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.."


Link to brief description on Colitis --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colitis

~Ashley
 
I have a prayer request too . one girl from my old church is dieing from tuberculosis , she has lilttle piece of the lung left , I ask you to pray for her and her family as its not so easy for them and especially for her little son . Thank you !!!!
 
Father, In The Name of Your Son, Jesus...
We come bombarding situations with Your Word that will not return void. Lifting Holy Hands and Praising You, O God...Creator of Heaven and Earth..For You Are High and Lifted Up This Day...and then kneeling At Your Throne of Grace and Mercy...for Isaiah 55 says: 11So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. Father, I ask that Your Word be sent to AshleyRachael's friends and coworkers bodies: That You Mightily Get The Glory For The Healing of The Disease of Colitis in these two precious women!!! That Your Healing Virture and Annointing Be Made Manifest In Their Bodies. That They Walk Whole, Healed and Delivered From Colitis For It Is Your Annointing That Breaks The Yoke of Bondage...I Command The Spirit of Infirmity Now To Loose Them and Set Them Free...For you Are Bound In The Name Above All Names...Jesus...Son of The Living God...

This same prayer also for Luba's friend...O God, I'm asking that not only the disease of tuberculosis be bound and go...but that her lung be restored...For Your Glory, O Father...Show Forth Your Glory, I pray...In The Name of Jesus...

I pray Your Peace, Lord...Your Wonderful Beautiful Peace...Indwell us, O Lord...
 
Hi Ashley, both your friends are in my prayers for healing.
In Jesus, God bless.
pickles
 
My wife has Colitis and my youngest (10yrs old) has Crohn's disease.

I've prayed as you requested.