Prayer for a life partner!

  • Thread starter Thread starter pearlspring
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

pearlspring

Guest
Hi fellow Christians here,
I would like prayer for a life partner who is a really good, loving and caring Christian who will be compatible with me who I would really like. Thanks so much!

Currently, I am healed of long-term social anxiety disorder that I developed since I was a teenager believed to be from things in my upbringing and the worldly people and probably kind of genetic predisposition to it. I also had a breakdown once with a situation where I went to the emergency at the hospital and ended up taking 3 psychiatric medications. I got off of 2 of the medications after having seen a naturopathic doctor who prescribed me a mental health supplement of vitamins, etc and I'm looking to see if I can get off of the final medication. So due to mental health issues, I am behind in the relationship world and have been trying to catch up as I am currently in the process of getting funding for my education to complete my course in Holistic nutrition. Then I will be able to get a job.

I found a really amazing church and got into a life group where I am starting to have real life spiritual Christian friends through there where we do bible studies together led/guided by ongoing material from my church and occasionally we plan an outing together. I also want to try to get re-connected with a friend in elementary school.
 
Welcome to CC, Pearl. I'll pray for all you've mentioned and hope your road to a godly relationship has very limited speed bumps. I'm familiar with a difficult upbringing and how it can cause social anxieties and prohibit relational growth. Just know our Lord also preparing the future partner to meet your needs like He's preparing to meet his.

I pray to the Father for the Lord's timing and goodness to prevail in both you and your life partner's lives. In Jesus name.. amen ✝️🙏
 
  • Like
Reactions: pearlspring
Welcome to CC, Pearl. I'll pray for all you've mentioned and hope your road to a godly relationship has very limited speed bumps. I'm familiar with a difficult upbringing and how it can cause social anxieties and prohibit relational growth. Just know our Lord also preparing the future partner to meet your needs like He's preparing to meet his.

I pray to the Father for the Lord's timing and goodness to prevail in both you and your life partner's lives. In Jesus name.. amen ✝️🙏
Thank you, no I will not rush for a good life partner. That is not spiritual as why would I rush ahead of God so as to be out of His, Almighty God's will?

Just to let you know, I do not click on links. That can cost me a lot!!! Thank you.
 
Thank you, no I will not rush for a good life partner. That is not spiritual as why would I rush ahead of God so as to be out of His, Almighty God's will?
My apologies.. I didn't mean for you to take it that way. That you were trying to speed up God's preparation. That's certainly not what I was inferring. More so, that I hope you don't run into very many schemes from the devil tempting you off the narrow road.

Matt 4:1-11; 1 Pet 5:8; 1 Thess 3:5; James 1:12-15; Matt 7:13-14; 1 John 2:15-17
 
@ConfirmByDoing , No worries... I did not take it in any way, but yeah, we do need to be careful of the devil's schemes but I think I would know if something about it seems wrong with the relationship or not God's will. I certainly do not want to be tempted in any way. I think I've seen how temptation has overtaken certain people it seems because it seems they just wanted love and didn't think they would get any better and then it seemed to turn out that the person did something really bad in the relationship but I always hoped that they will receive God's mercy, compassion and understanding of their wrong choices and that they're still able to get out of the hurtful relationship or else receive a really great reward in Heaven for still staying in that relationship.
 
Yes, intimate relationships can be tricky when there hasn't been many experiences. You can definitely lean on the experience of a trusted member in your life group for a little advice when the time comes. And of course continue praying to the Father for His guidance. He's known for being quite useful 😇
 
  • Like
Reactions: pearlspring