Tomorrow I’m going to my grandsons baby shower, even though I raised him I know I was a least minute invite. I honestly feel he only invited me out of
pity and he probably thought id be offended. He didn’t even invite his mom. He only invited his dad and his dads girlfriend. His dad left them when he was 9 for another
family, he’s the only one out of the siblings that talks to him. Anyways he didn’t invite anyone from his moms side of the family which is my
daughter. The things is that good mothers side of the family is the only ones that have always been there for him and still are. It’s very upsetting him being like this but I can’t tell him who to invite. Jesus knows my
pain as I always pray and talk to him and have
faith. I need prayer for inner
peace tomorrow and emotional
strength, a steady
heart so that my emotions stay balanced in case his dad or his dad’s girlfriend try to upset me, grace so that I stay polite and calm if they try to upset me, a quiet mind to calm my thought and and quiet my
anxiety, and focus so that my attention stays on the expectant
motherands the reason I’m there instead of any
drama others are trying to
cause. I pray Jesus is right by my side. I already feel awkward going with my bad knees but I wanna be there for the ones that do want me there and to celebrate my great granddaughter but feel sad my daughter ( my grandson mom) wasn’t invited.
I'm sorry you're carrying this hurt.
From what you've shared, it sounds like the pain isn't just about the invitation.
It's about years of loving, helping raise your grandson, and seeing people who were absent seem to receive a place of honor while people who were faithful, including your daughter, were left out.
That would wound many hearts.
The truth is, you do not know for certain why he invited you.
It may have been pity.
It may have been obligation.
It may have been because, despite everything, he genuinely wanted you there.
But tomorrow, the reason for the invitation does not have to determine the reason you go.
You can go because you love your grandson.
You can go because you love the expectant mother.
You can go because you love your great-granddaughter.
You can go because Christ has given you a gracious heart.
And if difficult people are there, remember: their behavior belongs to them; your response belongs to you.
Let me pray with you:
Father, in the name of Jesus, I lift up this dear grandmother to You.
You see every tear, every disappointment, every sacrifice she made for her grandson, and every hurt she carries into tomorrow.
Lord, surround her with Your peace that passes understanding.
Steady her heart.
Quiet anxious thoughts.
Strengthen her body and help her knees.
Give her grace, patience, kindness, and self-control.
If anyone says or does anything that would stir up old wounds, help her answer with gentleness and remain calm and dignified.
Let her eyes stay fixed on the joy of celebrating this new baby and not on the drama around her.
Remind her that You are near, that You will never leave her nor forsake her.
Fill her with the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance.
May she walk into that room knowing that her value comes from You and not from how others treat her.
Let her be a light, a blessing, and a source of encouragement. In Jesus' name, Amen.
One thought from Scripture: "A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps." (Proverbs 16:9)
Tomorrow, don't try to carry the burden of figuring out everyone's motives.
Just take the next step.
Greet people kindly.
Love the mom-to-be.
Celebrate the baby.
Let Jesus carry the rest.
I'll be praying that when you leave tomorrow, your strongest memory is not who was invited or excluded, but the fact that you were there as a witness to God's faithfulness across another generation.
