Prayer for James Woodman (Woody)

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gary

Senior Member
Oct 23, 2011
246
14
18
While my mom was recovering from her illness in a skilled nursing center, I met a man there named James Woodman, who goes by Woody. In October 1999, Woody was on his second day on the job as a New Haven CT firefighter when the ambulance he was riding in collided with another car one block from the hospital. He suffered serious brain trauma and has been in a semi-vegetative state ever since. His parents moved to Colorado Springs and brought him here to be cared for. He can't communicate and has lost function of most of his muscles. When visiting my mom, I spent time talking to him and praying over him. He is very much aware of what's going on....several times he has turned his head to me when I spoke and tears flow out of his eyes when I talk/pray. I promised him that I will continue to visit him and will pray for a miracle from God that will heal him and enable him to get out of that facility and return to his family......14 1/2 years is such a long time to be trapped in his condition. I ask everyone who reads this to add Woody to your daily prayers and to ask our Father to perform a great miracle for Woody!

Thank you!

Gary
 
Praying for your friend and a miracle! Bless you for your faithfulness in ministering to this man!