Prayer for more consistancy

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ciicii

Well-known member
Jun 16, 2026
248
251
63
I'm asking for prayer to have more consistency in reading my word and praying more deeply

I've been going through a really tough time and going through a lot of depression and dissociation. So I found that often times I am just watching TV shows or anything to zone out and it's very very hard to unplug from that and be present and pray to God on paper instead of just making quick prayers in my head. Usually I have to either do it in the day or after work when I haven't touched any TV shows or else I can't break the cycle. And I really want to be able to prioritize God over what seems to be an addiction but I think it's just a response to find some kind of way to not necessarily heal but to just not overload with everything going on.

anyway thank you everyone who does pray for me I will definitely try to give updates on what's going on. I just want to be able to have stability in a relationship with God again that is consistent. Because when I am with God I have a lot of strength but I can feel the distance coming and I want to be able to focus on him and what he's calling me to do even in suffering.
 
I will pray for you.

As far as the Bible reading goes, you do have the option of listening to the NKJV, your preferred Bible version, in an audio format on YouTube in case you are ever too overwhelmed to read it.​



The first link will take you to the book of Genesis, and you can access all of the other Old Testament books by simply scrolling downward on that page.

The second link will take you to the book of Matthew, and you can access all of the other New Testament books by simply scrolling downward on that page.​

Romans 10:17​

17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
 
I will pray for you.

As far as the Bible reading goes, you do have the option of listening to the NKJV, your preferred Bible version, in an audio format on YouTube in case you are ever too overwhelmed to read it.​



The first link will take you to the book of Genesis, and you can access all of the other Old Testament books by simply scrolling downward on that page.

The second link will take you to the book of Matthew, and you can access all of the other New Testament books by simply scrolling downward on that page.​

Romans 10:17​

17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Thank you so much!

Yes I love listening to scripture as well, I have a Bible app called Bible.is that read scripture to you. You can even read it dramatized which has helped a lot with the old testement int eh harder parts to understand.

Thank you for providing these links! And thank you for the prayers as well!!!
 
  • Heart
Reactions: passion84god
I'm asking for prayer to have more consistency in reading my word and praying more deeply

I've been going through a really tough time and going through a lot of depression and dissociation. So I found that often times I am just watching TV shows or anything to zone out and it's very very hard to unplug from that and be present and pray to God on paper instead of just making quick prayers in my head. Usually I have to either do it in the day or after work when I haven't touched any TV shows or else I can't break the cycle. And I really want to be able to prioritize God over what seems to be an addiction but I think it's just a response to find some kind of way to not necessarily heal but to just not overload with everything going on.

anyway thank you everyone who does pray for me I will definitely try to give updates on what's going on. I just want to be able to have stability in a relationship with God again that is consistent. Because when I am with God I have a lot of strength but I can feel the distance coming and I want to be able to focus on him and what he's calling me to do even in suffering.
Prayed. Here's some advice...

You and me both have trouble with it. These days the book of Romans is pretty interesting. It's said by many the book of Romans is one of the best in terms of theology. You do feel like your going into the foundations of Christianity.

Also, book of John is a story like read. I recommend it.

My favorite story is the story of Joseph in which he is a good guy who is put into slavery by his own family.

Read the Sermon on the mount... beautiful sermon by Jesus.

A friend reads the proverbs chapter of the day... if the day is the 12th day of the month then she reads proverbs 12.


Bible project on youtube is good and 1 minute with Dr. Mcgee, or longer teachings.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: ciicii
Prayed. Here's some advice...

You and me both have trouble with it. These days the book of Romans is pretty interesting. It's said by many the book of Romans is one of the best in terms of theology. You do feel like your going into the foundations of Christianity.

Also, book of John is a story like read. I recommend it.

My favorite story is the story of Joseph in which he is a good guy who is put into slavery by his own family.

Read the Sermon on the mount... beautiful sermon by Jesus.

A friend reads the proverbs chapter of the day... if the day is the 12th day of the month then she reads proverbs 12.


Bible project on youtube is good and 1 minute with Dr. Mcgee, or longer teachings.
Thank you for the prayers and i will do that. I often just feel guilty like i should be reading for multiple hours each day. Or feel guilty if i focus on something that isnt God.
I know that is not true but yeah ...
Anyway i like the idea about the proverbs for the day.
And will read through the other books too. I have already started with romans actually so that is good.
I will keep u in prayer too for consistancy
 
Praying for you.... May God bless your heart with an open lust for His knowledge, wisdom and presence. It's an amazing thing to be in the presence of the Lord!
Find the same time every day, waking up for example, to read/listen to His word. After a couple of weeks it becomes a routine, not needing you to remember or force yourself to do so and your brain adapts to a continued cycle
That's my recommendation.

Be blessed, dear sister in Christ!
 
  • Heart
Reactions: ciicii
Praying for you.... May God bless your heart with an open lust for His knowledge, wisdom and presence. It's an amazing thing to be in the presence of the Lord!
Find the same time every day, waking up for example, to read/listen to His word. After a couple of weeks it becomes a routine, not needing you to remember or force yourself to do so and your brain adapts to a continued cycle
That's my recommendation.

Be blessed, dear sister in Christ!
Thank you for the prayer and recommendation! I have issues with constant routines so I am going to be working hard at that. <3 tysm
 
  • Like
Reactions: Standard
I'm asking for prayer to have more consistency in reading my word and praying more deeply

I've been going through a really tough time and going through a lot of depression and dissociation. So I found that often times I am just watching TV shows or anything to zone out and it's very very hard to unplug from that and be present and pray to God on paper instead of just making quick prayers in my head. Usually I have to either do it in the day or after work when I haven't touched any TV shows or else I can't break the cycle. And I really want to be able to prioritize God over what seems to be an addiction but I think it's just a response to find some kind of way to not necessarily heal but to just not overload with everything going on.

anyway thank you everyone who does pray for me I will definitely try to give updates on what's going on. I just want to be able to have stability in a relationship with God again that is consistent. Because when I am with God I have a lot of strength but I can feel the distance coming and I want to be able to focus on him and what he's calling me to do even in suffering.
I hear you, but prayer displays our faith in the authority given to us by Christ Jesus, regardless of or circumstances or how we feel. A pastor once gave this example that has stuck with me:

A police officer had a bad cold and felt miserable because his head was throbbing, but he showed up for work anyway, only to learn that he would be standing in the middle of a very busy intersection directing traffic. Regardless how tormented he felt, when he raised his hand for drivers and pedestrians to stop, they stopped. When he raised his hand for drivers and pedestrians to go, they'd go.

How he felt had no effect on his authority. The same goes for Christians, regardless of what is thrown at us.

You want to start working your way out of depression. I've been there. For me, it was like being encased inside of a test tube while life went on all around me. Depression is wickedness and you rid yourself of it by not doing what it wants (be patient, because it will try to discourage you by throwing up your circumstances).

Here is my roadmap for fighting back:
- Pray (see below).
- Go for a walk every single day, ten to fifteen minutes going then ten to fifteen minutes coming back, then watch a TV show when you get home.
- Strike up conversations to stay out a little longer when possible.
- Seek out ideas to become the person you want to be. Research, build a plan, and look for free or cheap courses to help you.
- Got kids at home? Find out about library programs for kids and take them while you spend your time there researching your idea.
- Go to a coffee shop with a book or ear buds to be around people, then go home and watch a TV show.

The point? Step outside of what depression wants you to do, and get in the habit of praying and/or praising God between TV breaks (at the least three times a day). Baby steps, and you don't have to do long drawn-out prayers, you can pray brief remembrances that lets Lord Jesus know that you're always with him.

If you haven't already, memorize Psalm 118, and pick it apart to make it your own, because God likes new prayers, not just repeating verses. The book of Psalms is filled with examples to build from, so always open your day with a verbally spoken prayer, and it can be brief, because you want to do the same throughout the day. Like between the TV shows you like to watch. And, from time to time, have a discussion with God by reminding Him that you are keeping him in remembrance of (whatever you are waiting on him to bless you with), and that you are thankful for his blessing through Christ Jesus "while I wait for the manifestation."

Remember, "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Depression is a thief, it robs us of our faith, it causes us to feel alone in the despair it (itself) orchestrates.

The reason I like Psalms 118 is because it begins and ends the day with a fitting prayer to build from.

Hope this helps.

God bless.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Standard and ciicii