Prayer for opportunity and purpose

  • Thread starter Thread starter YouOnlyLiveTwice
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Y

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Guest
Hey y'all, I’m usually a guy who thinks I had it all figured out.

To me, this is a very vulnerable thread because I’m currently in the process of getting married.

I don’t know if it’s a chemical imbalance in my brain, or if I’m having security issues/trust issues in God or it’s a financial issue but I feel like I’m falling apart and incapable of picking up all my broken pieces.

I was receiving money through general relief here in California, while also earning money by creating AI music and having my distributor upload the songs to music streaming services worldwide. The money wasn’t much but it was something (and till this day, it continues to grow in listeners)

I was waiting to be approved for SSDI but found out a few days ago that I was denied.

In the coming weeks, I’m going to get a letter from the state declaring whether they find me to be or not be disabled (which I am fine with either judgement) They will most likely state that I am not disabled, which is what I want to hear. (Tired of being labeled as disabled)

Anyways, if you all can pray that God really pulls through and hands an opportunity to me, where I can support my future family and not have it all crumble from the get go, I’d appreciate it.

Just really stressed at the moment.
 
The mind/soul is powerful, if that fails then everything fails with it. If you are mentally un-stable, then you won't be able to work consistently and diligently. As a freelance gig worker, I struggle with this every day and it's a little bit of a challenge to self-motivate to get out there and work and be productive. Like today, I didn't get enough sleep and feel so tired and don't want to get off my arse, but my need for money is greater than my feeling tired so I need to do it. My brother takes SSRI (welbutrin) for mood stabilizers and he gave me some Ambien for when I really need to "dail in", I can take 1/4 or 1/2 pill. I generally don't take them unless it's really urgent and I need to focus. I feel exercise and sleep can do wonders for most people. ooh and cut out the sugar in your diet.

Now that you are getting married, you will have more responsibilities, so I pray God gives you the strength to meet your responsibilities and obligations. My advice would be to get any work you can that pays and start from there and you can move up and or trade up as new opportunities open up.
 
The mind/soul is powerful, if that fails then everything fails with it. If you are mentally un-stable, then you won't be able to work consistently and diligently. As a freelance gig worker, I struggle with this every day and it's a little bit of a challenge to self-motivate to get out there and work and be productive. Like today, I didn't get enough sleep and feel so tired and don't want to get off my arse, but my need for money is greater than my feeling tired so I need to do it. My brother takes SSRI (welbutrin) for mood stabilizers and he gave me some Ambien for when I really need to "dail in", I can take 1/4 or 1/2 pill. I generally don't take them unless it's really urgent and I need to focus. I feel exercise and sleep can do wonders for most people. ooh and cut out the sugar in your diet.

Now that you are getting married, you will have more responsibilities, so I pray God gives you the strength to meet your responsibilities and obligations. My advice would be to get any work you can that pays and start from there and you can move up and or trade up as new opportunities open up.
Thank you so much for the prayers and advice @jacko

I finally started walking in the mornings a lot more. I try to go 35 minutes and I tend to lift weights about every other day but a lot of days I miss because I still have muscle that needs healing usually.

I plan to be implementing the keto diet more so into my daily lifestyle, in order to stay away from sugar completely and lower my BMI. I’ve lost about 4-5 pounds since last week.

I don’t take SSRI’s that I know of. I’m on 8 different meds, 5 of them being psyche meds. I’m in the process of weaning off of 2 of them and most likely will be weaning off of 2 other ones after that and just sticking to 1.

I pray God gives me the strength to meet all of my current and future responsibilities, in Jesus name i pray amen.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jacko
I think we could work together, I have the same commonality as you. The Lord has blessed me to make Electronic music for praise and worship and the doorway to distribute to music stores also. I haven't seen much return yet (not like other artist) but I try not to lose focus on collaboration, love & each other in the music scene. I added you as follow and perhaps we can get things popping more for glory, amen?
 

Attachments

  • Combine.ME (Music Electronic) Centered.png
    Combine.ME (Music Electronic) Centered.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 1
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
—Galatians 2:20
 
I learned this from an Orthodox Priest. Pray like everything depends on God. But work as if everything depends on you.

Our faith is not a passive faith. But there are things which you might not be able to control 100% like a chemical imbalance, but there are things you can somewhat control like inflammation which is due to sugar and insulin on the cellular level. Do your part and put in the effort, but surrender the results knowing you put in 110%.
 
  • Like
Reactions: YouOnlyLiveTwice
I learned this from an Orthodox Priest. Pray like everything depends on God. But work as if everything depends on you.

Our faith is not a passive faith. But there are things which you might not be able to control 100% like a chemical imbalance, but there are things you can somewhat control like inflammation which is due to sugar and insulin on the cellular level. Do your part and put in the effort, but surrender the results knowing you put in 110%.
Thanks @jacko
Things are currently in the works right now.
Going to be leaving California in June. Not sure how permanent it will be but I’m buying a one way ticket and not looking back.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jacko
Out of California is good with how expensive everything is here!
If the agree reaction was still available, I would use it on this reply.

It’s just time to head East, for me at least.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jacko