Prayer for the prisoners!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 6, 2022
I was at a Maximum prison today and behold those prisoners really need our support and prayer !

Let’s all pray that every innocent prison should receive his freedom and GOD should strengthen those passing through their trying times !

In Jesus name 🙏

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Yes, Lord, hear this prayer in Your mercy. Thank You, for You are the God of the oppressed, the voiceless. Praise You for hearing us, in Yeshua's name.

Jan 6, 2022
I believe the USA has the largest population of prisoners in the world. Approximately 2 million.

The #2 nation? Totalitarian China, with 1.7 million prisoners.
Yes ! They really need our support and prayer , I felt so devastated to see them.

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
Yes ! They really need our support and prayer , I felt so devastated to see them.
The numbers alone suggest either that there is regular serious miscarriage of justice in this country, or something is wrong with society itself causing it to create more criminals, or both.

Yes, it's a big problem. And these men and women are still human beings who need love, kindness, and the truth about Jesus Christ. Many churches have prison ministries for this reason.

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
Unfortunately, most Americans have the attitude that prisoners should be locked up and the key should be thrown away. Out of sight and out of mind, they deserve what they get. Americans are afraid of crime, especially the current crime wave sweeping the country and they have no sympathy for prisoners behind bars. Americans also feel that it's a sense of deserved punishment and retribution for the prisoners. Little or no thought is given to rehabilitation of the prisoners. When they get out, they'll be a lot tougher and a lot more insensitive. They'll be an even greater danger to society.

Jan 18, 2022
Our court system is an absolute nightmare. Today's prosecutors are modern day pharisees and high priests aka "Caiaphas". They will lie, scheme, falsify evidence and manipulate the public into believing anything to prosecute even the most innocent.

I'm am currently in a horrific situation myself, after 3 years of non stop abuse and harassment at the hands of my ex wife and her daughter, I chose to walk away from their selfish, narcissistic, evil, lying and manipulative ways and pursue happiness. I've been attacked and tortured with threats to ruin my life for years but I chose to take the high road and continue seeking peace and fulfillment with new friends, a new relationship and new adventures while they lived their miserable lives. Seeing that I was not willing to return and provide any longer while being their subject of mental and emotional abuse they devised a plan they knew would work. And who better to use than the corrupt prosecutors and courts as their spearhead.

I finally felt at peace after about 8 months of no contact, threats or harassment; new relationship, new home, better job and income, finally feeling stable, happy and away from the evil and misery I endured for over 15 years of my life. All was going well. Out of nowhere I'm being cut off, surrounded by police and thrown in jail, facing 25 years for false accusations and multiple charges of sexually assaulting my step daughter.

It's been 1 year since my arrest and arraignment. They ransacked me and my girlfriends home, stole all my money, valuable possessions, computers and have done everything in their power to continue destroying my life. I've been on house arrest for over a year and still waiting on indictment. Due to the fact none of the lies ever happened they have no evidence to indict me on. They've been through all my devices with the hopes of finding anything they can to support the lies of my accusers and their huge mistake of believing them without investigating their history. But instead of doing the right thing, dropping the charges and allowing me to move on with my life they're dragging me through the mud, afraid of any embarrassment or repercussions for not only allowing this to happen, but aggressively spearheading the entire operation over lies and jealously.

I've received multiple messages from trusted inside sources that they are fully aware (in their terms), "they took a bad case." They've been through all my devices, past texts and email, proving, in black and white, the exact opposite of everything they were told by my accusers. My ex and her daughter have already been caught in multiple lies, they've already retracted statements and yet here I am. Waiting on egotistical, evil people, driven by money, status and prosecutions to do the right thing.

So yes, absolutely, there are alot of inmates who need prayers. Trust me. They don't belong there. They were simply used as scapegoats and tools for status and funding.

Jan 6, 2022
The numbers alone suggest either that there is regular serious miscarriage of justice in this country, or something is wrong with society itself causing it to create more criminals, or both.

Yes, it's a big problem. And these men and women are still human beings who need love, kindness, and the truth about Jesus Christ. Many churches have prison ministries for this reason.
The funniest thing is that I found out most of them are innocent of the crime, we interacted well and they shared to me with their reasons! Most of them are innocent, I wiped to GOD !

They really need us more

Jan 6, 2022
Unfortunately, most Americans have the attitude that prisoners should be locked up and the key should be thrown away. Out of sight and out of mind, they deserve what they get. Americans are afraid of crime, especially the current crime wave sweeping the country and they have no sympathy for prisoners behind bars. Americans also feel that it's a sense of deserved punishment and retribution for the prisoners. Little or no thought is given to rehabilitation of the prisoners. When they get out, they'll be a lot tougher and a lot more insensitive. They'll be an even greater danger to society.
Yes …. I support you , they failed to give them the necessary rehabilitation required.

Jan 6, 2022
Our court system is an absolute nightmare. Today's prosecutors are modern day pharisees and high priests aka "Caiaphas". They will lie, scheme, falsify evidence and manipulate the public into believing anything to prosecute even the most innocent.

I'm am currently in a horrific situation myself, after 3 years of non stop abuse and harassment at the hands of my ex wife and her daughter, I chose to walk away from their selfish, narcissistic, evil, lying and manipulative ways and pursue happiness. I've been attacked and tortured with threats to ruin my life for years but I chose to take the high road and continue seeking peace and fulfillment with new friends, a new relationship and new adventures while they lived their miserable lives. Seeing that I was not willing to return and provide any longer while being their subject of mental and emotional abuse they devised a plan they knew would work. And who better to use than the corrupt prosecutors and courts as their spearhead.

I finally felt at peace after about 8 months of no contact, threats or harassment; new relationship, new home, better job and income, finally feeling stable, happy and away from the evil and misery I endured for over 15 years of my life. All was going well. Out of nowhere I'm being cut off, surrounded by police and thrown in jail, facing 25 years for false accusations and multiple charges of sexually assaulting my step daughter.

It's been 1 year since my arrest and arraignment. They ransacked me and my girlfriends home, stole all my money, valuable possessions, computers and have done everything in their power to continue destroying my life. I've been on house arrest for over a year and still waiting on indictment. Due to the fact none of the lies ever happened they have no evidence to indict me on. They've been through all my devices with the hopes of finding anything they can to support the lies of my accusers and their huge mistake of believing them without investigating their history. But instead of doing the right thing, dropping the charges and allowing me to move on with my life they're dragging me through the mud, afraid of any embarrassment or repercussions for not only allowing this to happen, but aggressively spearheading the entire operation over lies and jealously.

I've received multiple messages from trusted inside sources that they are fully aware (in their terms), "they took a bad case." They've been through all my devices, past texts and email, proving, in black and white, the exact opposite of everything they were told by my accusers. My ex and her daughter have already been caught in multiple lies, they've already retracted statements and yet here I am. Waiting on egotistical, evil people, driven by money, status and prosecutions to do the right thing.

So yes, absolutely, there are alot of inmates who need prayers. Trust me. They don't belong there. They were simply used as scapegoats and tools for status and funding.
Exactly my point ! I shared minds with those prisoners and most of them opened heartedly told me that they never committed the crime they were charged of ….. I was wow but the judge has the final saying but I made them believe in Miracle because GOD is the one who has the final say. Infact they need prayers and financial support… I really don’t mind if we can support them with prayer, clothes and other things! Most of our old clothes , can be gathered to give to them. I can volunteer myself to help them

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
Exactly my point ! I shared minds with those prisoners and most of them opened heartedly told me that they never committed the crime they were charged of ….. I was wow but the judge has the final saying but I made them believe in Miracle because GOD is the one who has the final say. Infact they need prayers and financial support… I really don’t mind if we can support them with prayer, clothes and other things! Most of our old clothes , can be gathered to give to them. I can volunteer myself to help them

I agree with you that prisoners need support, prayers, and help from Christians. But we do have disagreements. I had 11 years of experience as an assistant chaplain for the medium and maximum security male prison inmates. I've also had experience as a juror on two criminal trials. So let me explain my position.

Firstly, the judicial system makes it very hard to convict an individual of a crime. It requires a jury trial, sometimes very lengthy. And it requires a unanimous decision from all the jurors on guilt. From my experience as a jurist, the juries were not only fair but they went out of their way to insure that the defendant was guilty beyond any reasonable doubt. And the defendants, in both the cases for which I sat on the jury, had two highly trained professional defense attorneys.

In both cases they claimed innocence of the crime, but in both cases the evidence against them was overwhelming. There was absolutely no doubt as to their guilt. Yet these would naturally claim innocence and that is only natural. If I committed a crime and was found guilty, it would behoove me never to admit my guilt and claim innocence forever. It would do me no good whatsoever to admit my guilt.

So, we disagree. Those that have been convicted of a serious crime, by jury trial, are most probably guilty and most probably will proclaim their innocence forever.

That being said, I do agree with you that the prisoners do have a hard lot. Prison life can be a despairing hell. And the prisoners do need the support from Christian ministers. In the Gospel of Matthew, the Judgement of Nations, Christians are urged to visit and minister to prisoners.

In my opinion these prisoners have committed the crimes they are accused of, sometimes really heinous crimes. And their sentences of punishment are just in the eyes of the law and of society. But this doesn't mean we should abandon them. As Christians we should minister to them and bring Christ to them.

But your opinion that most of those in prison are there without committing a crime is naive. Very few prisoners will admit to their crime. And that's a fact.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
I agree with you that prisoners need support, prayers, and help from Christians. But we do have disagreements. I had 11 years of experience as an assistant chaplain for the medium and maximum security male prison inmates. I've also had experience as a juror on two criminal trials. So let me explain my position.

Firstly, the judicial system makes it very hard to convict an individual of a crime. It requires a jury trial, sometimes very lengthy. And it requires a unanimous decision from all the jurors on guilt. From my experience as a jurist, the juries were not only fair but they went out of their way to insure that the defendant was guilty beyond any reasonable doubt. And the defendants, in both the cases for which I sat on the jury, had two highly trained professional defense attorneys.

In both cases they claimed innocence of the crime, but in both cases the evidence against them was overwhelming. There was absolutely no doubt as to their guilt. Yet these would naturally claim innocence and that is only natural. If I committed a crime and was found guilty, it would behoove me never to admit my guilt and claim innocence forever. It would do me no good whatsoever to admit my guilt.

So, we disagree. Those that have been convicted of a serious crime, by jury trial, are most probably guilty and most probably will proclaim their innocence forever.

That being said, I do agree with you that the prisoners do have a hard lot. Prison life can be a despairing hell. And the prisoners do need the support from Christian ministers. In the Gospel of Matthew, the Judgement of Nations, Christians are urged to visit and minister to prisoners.

In my opinion these prisoners have committed the crimes they are accused of, sometimes really heinous crimes. And their sentences of punishment are just in the eyes of the law and of society. But this doesn't mean we should abandon them. As Christians we should minister to them and bring Christ to them.

But your opinion that most of those in prison are there without committing a crime is naive. Very few prisoners will admit to their crime. And that's a fact.
"Very well stated."

Jan 6, 2022

Well said ! Lovely write up

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021

Sorry, but I find your story hard to believe. You may be under investigation, but when you say the investigators stole all your money and valuable possessions, I don't believe that. And, for sure, the legal system didn't keep you under house arrest for over a year without indictment or trial. That's not legal in any state of the union. So, I think you are fabricating some parts of your story.

Jan 6, 2022
After visiting the prison the last time, I took it to myself to always visit the in-mates to atleast pray with them and donate whatsoever I can to them; we can do this together. Nothing is too small. Old clothes, socks , shorts , money and prayer can come in.

I would visit the Women detention Centre this time around by month end. Any contribution can be mailed to me 2nd St, Steinhatchee, FL, 32359, USA and whosoever has the chance and stays in Florida , can tag with me so we do it together. I feel touched and want to take this to myself as a sacrifice to God.

Our prayers would also go a long way.

arthurfleminger

Aug 18, 2021
After visiting the prison the last time, I took it to myself to always visit the in-mates to atleast pray with them and donate whatsoever I can to them; we can do this together. Nothing is too small. Old clothes, socks , shorts , money and prayer can come in.

I would visit the Women detention Centre this time around by month end. Any contribution can be mailed to me 2nd St, Steinhatchee, FL, 32359, USA and whosoever has the chance and stays in Florida , can tag with me so we do it together. I feel touched and want to take this to myself as a sacrifice to God.

Our prayers would also go a long way.
I think it's great that you are not only taking an interest in helping prisoners but that you are actually doing the ministry. One word of caution though. It is not wise to share personal information, such as your full name, address, or phone number with the prisoners. I'm surprised that the directors of the facilities you are visiting didn't warn you of this. Some prisoners can actually seek you out in order to use you or your family.

The reason I bring this up is because you listed your address above. Keep your personal info, all of it, to yourself and guard it, don't share it, even such things as your license plate data.

Jan 6, 2022
I think it's great that you are not only taking an interest in helping prisoners but that you are actually doing the ministry. One word of caution though. It is not wise to share personal information, such as your full name, address, or phone number with the prisoners. I'm surprised that the directors of the facilities you are visiting didn't warn you of this. Some prisoners can actually seek you out in order to use you or your family.

The reason I bring this up is because you listed your address above. Keep your personal info, all of it, to yourself and guard it, don't share it, even such things as your license plate data.
I appreciate your concern towards my security and I really appreciate it but
I am not sharing my details or information to the prisoners …. I only dropped my mail address here so Incase someone is willing to send something across, like old clothes, Bible, money , shoes, then by month end when going to the prison, I take it along.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I appreciate your concern towards my security and I really appreciate it but
I am not sharing my details or information to the prisoners …. I only dropped my mail address here so Incase someone is willing to send something across, like old clothes, Bible, money , shoes, then by month end when going to the prison, I take it along.
I've given out my address and it led to a totally unpredictable uncomfortable scenario. If it's just for donations/letters I'd consider setting up a P.O box. This isn't a complete safeguard, but most people it will work for the purpose of anonymity better than a personal address.

If that was a business address or something, disregard :p

Just said out of concern, it was a learning experience for me as people can show up without any prior warning. I just wanted to be of service any way I could and it taught me that. I had been thinking I should probably do that in general, but I didn't think it was "really" necessary.

Of course, maybe that doesn't happen to you but just putting it out there in case something does that P.O boxes are an option. You can even get multiple mail forwarding services to add a few extra layers or create a LLC.

Dollar trees have $1 New testaments in the KJV on regular paper (not bible paper) so that would be useful for prisoners. The full bibles they have for sale are WAY too tiny print but the New Testaments are definitely readable.

I have a lot of extra bibles I pick up at thrift stores for much less than $1 each that I'll consider donating because that's what I pick them up for. I'll have to think about it some.