Prayer group to overcome anxiety

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 9, 2014
Would anyone like to have a prayer group to overcome anxiety? Hopefully this is ok to post here, it seemed like the best forum for it.

I just posted in another thread about this and thought it would be a good idea to post here too. This is what I wrote:

"It would be great to have a prayer group for this. Is anyone interested?

Looking back, I've struggled with anxiety all my life. A lot of people in my family struggle with it but don't really acknowledge it. I started researching and trying to figure out what's wrong with me a couple years ago. I'm at a point now where it all makes sense and I'm working to overcome it. Please let me know if you'd be interested in a prayer group. It would be great support."

Can anyone relate?
Please let me know if you're interested.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless like-minded66 and this prayer request, in Jesus loving name, Amen!

K

kittycat7

When you are brought before synagogues, rulers and authorities, do not worry about how you will defend yourselves or what you will say, for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say.
Luke 12:11-12

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Would anyone like to have a prayer group to overcome anxiety? Hopefully this is ok to post here, it seemed like the best forum for it.

I just posted in another thread about this and thought it would be a good idea to post here too. This is what I wrote:

"It would be great to have a prayer group for this. Is anyone interested?

Looking back, I've struggled with anxiety all my life. A lot of people in my family struggle with it but don't really acknowledge it. I started researching and trying to figure out what's wrong with me a couple years ago. I'm at a point now where it all makes sense and I'm working to overcome it. Please let me know if you'd be interested in a prayer group. It would be great support."

Can anyone relate?
Please let me know if you're interested.
Each work day I get on my knees and pray for God to calm my fears and then I go boldly and decisively out into the gloom of night ready to face another day. I certainly can relate to anxiety, and depression too for that matter. I believe that anxiety is basically a fear of the unknown. I fine that it is best to stay as close as possible to God as a means to calm my fear and I talk to Him all day long as in a normal conversation. There may be a fear of the unknown but God has made all things known so there is no need to be afraid of that which in all probability will never happen, and even so, God is faithful and will remain by your side. "Fear not," says the Lord.

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
It’s very nice of you to want to start a prayer group for anxiety issues. I’d love to be a part of it. May God bless you and guide you.

Philippians 4:6-7: Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Sep 9, 2014
Thank you everyone for your replies! Philippians is my favorite book of the bible and I always pray ch. 4!

Sep 9, 2014
It’s very nice of you to want to start a prayer group for anxiety issues. I’d love to be a part of it. May God bless you and guide you.

Philippians 4:6-7: Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Awesome! We've got 2 other people interested (4 people in all) so far. Do you know of any features, like a group chat etc., that we can get it started? I was thinking we could do something like a group chat at first just to talk and express ourselves...any concerns, getting to know each other a bit, our journey with anxiety, how we're working to overcome anxiety, etc. I look forward to hearing back from everyone!