Prayer Lists

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KBond

Senior Member
Jun 5, 2013
662
21
18
(This blog continues a discussion about ways to draw near to God. This is the third blog in a series that focuses on prayer.)
​

"I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth." 1 Timothy 2:1-4

God wants all people to be saved and live a life of holiness. Beyond that, He wants them to enjoy physical, emotional, and mental health. Make a list of people you want to pray for each day. It should include:


  • Family (spouse, children)
  • Leaders (church leadership, political officials, your country's leader)
  • Authority (parents, teachers, bosses)
  • Friends and Neighbors (with particular attention to the unsaved)

Try this! Children should learn to pray as soon as they are old enough to talk. Hold your child accountable for their prayer time every day by asking, "Did you say your prayers?"

God is pleased when you spend time with Him and pray for His will in the lives of others. Your words do not need to be fancy. God will see your heart and draw near to you.

*Below is a VERY rough Spanish translation of the above blog.

---------

“Así que recomiendo, ante todo, que se hagan plegarias, oraciones, súplicas y acciones de gracias por todos,especialmente por los gobernantes y por todas las autoridades, para que tengamos paz y tranquilidad, y llevemos una vida piadosa y digna. Esto es bueno y agradable a Dios nuestro Salvador, pues él quiere que todos sean salvos y lleguen a conocer la verdad.” 1 Timoteo 2:1-4

Dios quiere que todos los hombres se salven y vivir una vida de santidad. Más allá de eso, El quiere que disfrute físico, emocional y de salud mental. Hacer una lista de la gente que desea rezar para cada día. Debe incluir:

  • familia (cónyuge, hijos) Los Líderes
  • (dirigentes de la iglesia, responsables políticos, el líder del país) la Autoridad
  • (padres, profesores, jefes) Amigos y
  • Vecinos (con especial atención a los inconversos) Intente

esto! Los niños deben aprender a orar en cuanto se lo suficientemente viejo como para hablar. Mantenga al niño responsable de su tiempo de oración cada día, preguntándole: " ¿rezas?"

Dios se complace cuando usted pasa tiempo con él y orar por su voluntad en la vida de los demás. Sus palabras no tienen que ser extravagante. Dios verá su corazón y cerca de ustedes.
 
My ex got a daughter and I enjoy how Alex loves God. She says nice things about Him and, when I have the chance, I try she developes a love relatioship with God, even with short prayers that named her brothers, sister and mom.
I wish she developes a love relationship, not one were she would draw to ask God things...
 
secularhermit;bt4446 said:
My ex got a daughter and I enjoy how Alex loves God. She says nice things about Him and, when I have the chance, I try she developes a love relatioship with God, even with short prayers that named her brothers, sister and mom.
I wish she developes a love relationship, not one were she would draw to ask God things...

That's great that you encourage your daughter in her relationship with God. No matter what the age, the Bible makes it clear parents have a responsibility in that.

To be clear, this blog is not asking anyone to literally draw. It encourages people to draw near (as in "come near") to God based on James 4:8, "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you."
 
Drwing near is an invitation to get an approach. I haven´t found the key to listen to Him but, as I have said somewhere else, "love and friendship are not to be begged". In this aspect, we must be coherent. If we want Him as friend, we have to act and play like that.
I stopped from asking things from God (some things, I would say) but reality leads me to He is the best and only one to trust.

She´s not my daughter. I played as her dad. I enjoyed this relationship as dad, as parent of my elder children I formerly got with her mom. Yes! That´s is love, and I like it.
 
secularhermit;bt4449 said:
She´s not my daughter. I played as her dad. I enjoyed this relationship as dad, as parent of my elder children I formerly got with her mom. Yes! That´s is love, and I like it.

I bet you made a HUGE difference in her life even though you were not her biological dad. We never truly know the impact we have in the lives of others. But God knows.:D