Prayer Location

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 6, 2022
If this post should have been in a different location please correct me.
I love hearing how and kind of locations people love to pray. I have a rock that is partly showing that is flat, it is in the middle of the woods on my property. Every night I love to go out and humble myself before God in prayer. I cleared limbs and a few small trees so that I can look upwards clearly to the sky.
I feel a connection to God and have made it an appointment every night to talk with Him. If I have choice I always choose praying outside, love it but that is just me. My wife is the only one who knows its location for a reason lol

Mar 4, 2020
I love hearing how and kind of locations people love to pray. I have a rock that is partly showing that is flat, it is in the middle of the woods on my property. Every night I love to go out and humble myself before God in prayer. I cleared limbs and a few small trees so that I can look upwards clearly to the sky.
I feel a connection to God and have made it an appointment every night to talk with Him. If I have choice I always choose praying outside, love it but that is just me. My wife is the only one who knows its location for a reason lol
Praying in solitude is a good way to pray. If the place you’re most comfortable is outside in the woods, then that’s understandable. Jesus Himself often withdrew to the wilderness to pray as well.

When you pray, do you ever wait for God to answer? It takes great faith to hear God speak.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
I was just doing that this evening and thinking how I aught to more often. I walked to an arboretum of dozens of different trees. It's a long walk, but I spent the evening gathering certain leaves for my personal tea. While there I went to an ampatheater to thank Him for the Bible classes we held there one summer. There's a sign that says, "Only God can make a tree."
I hope that the people who visit consider that fact.

You know, Jesus had special places to get alone with our Father. Sometimes it was the garden and sometimes it was a mountain. Moses went up on a mountain to get alone with Him too. I'm partial to the mountains as well.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
This is where I find my soul
Out where holy men of old
First knelt in soil and thanked you for the rain
Out here in the stillness
I find my house of worship
With column trees and canopy of stars
Here in my cathedral

- Chris Rice
"My Cathedral"

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I pray on the go if Im walking or driving to school as am usually on my own then.

When I go in my garden that is also when Im communing with God

Nov 6, 2022
I enjoy hearing about how people talk with the Lord. I thinking praying in solitude you have more focus and it shows to God that you fall to your knees truly for Him and not as a show to others.
I almost always stand up after I am done and say I look for no sign but in Faith I know you hear me, for a sign is for the unbeliever and that I am not.
Now I feel things have happened as signs of He was there. But I can always feel the Holy Spirit with that inner joy and peace.

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
I often walk and pace back and forth but when listening i will sit or stand still saying nothing while being completely open and just agreeing.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Also...Bathtub

well I am being washed, cleansed and baptised....why not?

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"The heart...ponder this carefully."
2764.png

256416348_1954531038040748_3734632522665924806_n - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy (10) - Copy - Cop...jpg

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The library... thats where all the Bibles are....

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
At the table, especially before a meal
or after a meal thanking God
at restaurants

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
At the beach....He also likes reading what I write in the sand with a stick

TheNarrowPath

Jul 17, 2022
When I pray for a purpose its mostly at night before I sleep and all the things that have been on my mind that day, or at my dining table where my bible is.
Other times its on a long drive just saying thank you for my blessings or even in the shower which funnily enough is where Ive been hearing him lately. But I think its more just an alone time with Him in a room where there are no devices to distract me.
Also I live near a mountain/volcano so I should make an effort to walk up there like I used to and just be with Him.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
i was up on the mountain yesterday but there were also heaps of others there too... and what I think wss a church group gathering

But there was so much grass that I kept sneezing so prayer wise it wasnt really the best location

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
However I did hear one 'God Bless' when I sneezed

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
"The proper way for a man to pray,"
Said Deacon Lemuel Keyes,
"And the only proper attitude
Is down upon his knees."

"No, I should say the way to pray,"
Said Rev. Doctor Wise,