Prayer needed

  • Thread starter Thread starter LazyDaisy88
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LazyDaisy88

Guest
Hey everyone. It's me again. Just asking for prayer again. I'm having a hard time sleeping. I have some personal issues that are weighing on my mind at the moment. God knows my needs and he is more than capable to take care of them. I'm glad I serve a faithful and never-failing God. God has sent a song my way today. I've heard the song a hundred times before, but I guess that I never really paid attention to the lyrics before. It's a contemporary Christian song and I'm not real big on contemporary Christian music, but I do like a few groups. He also sent a Scripture my way. The first half of the Scripture really spoke to me. It is found in Psalm 7:1 the first half said, "O Lord my God in thee do I put my trust......". I believe he was telling me not worry about the things that are troubling me and to trust him completely. In our humanity we try to fix things on our own, but we just make things worse for ourselves 98% of the time. We could save ourselves a lot of trouble and heartache if we would fully trust in him.
 
You do not have to care for yourself.
1peter 5:7 [SUP]7 [/SUP]Give all your worries to him, because he cares for you.
But first seek first the kingdom of God Matthew 6:33.
Where is that kingdom of God?

Most Christians do not know where the kingdom of God is so it is better we ask. Repentance is different from seeking Gods kingdom?

How can we seek?
Where is it?

Ask God in your pray and God will show you.

For more questions ask me [email protected] or you can also post your question as comment?

God still care for you.

Thanks
 
Hello LazyDaisy,

I can relate on the sleeping part although I work a second shift and therefore have a very awkward sleep cycle...I do know what helps me is to pick up the bible or a book and just read from it. Not only does it put my mind at ease but it also makes me sleepy...not that the bible is boring...I just find reading will set me up for sleeping.

I'll leave you with some words from Scripture (from KJV of course :) )

Do Not Worry
(Luke 12:30-34)

Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you

Do not be weighed down by your troubles have faith that through them you are being refined and molded each day into the image of Christ


God Bless!
 
We all get that from time to time, and the worries of this world can cause us unrest.
Don't dwell on such things, but rather dwell in Him. Give it to Him, and He will take care of you.

Here's a song that came to mind for me immediately when I read what you were saying...

[video=youtube;q4dw5LaV-9E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4dw5LaV-9E[/video]
 
Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. They are much appreciated :)