Prayer on a situation at a course I signed for at church

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pearlspring

Member
Nov 2, 2025
91
73
18
So I signed up for a course and before that, I prayed to God to let me know where to sit, even though I couldn't ever remember God answering my prayers. We got numbered and I went into the group that day where the leader I felt was jealous of me because her husband is there and we know each other. I felt so uncomfortable and restricted that day and I almost decided to leave the group, feeling that was the best option, but the next week I went to the course, I randomly chose a seat that was behind 1 of the 2 girls/ladies in my group. Then the other lady came in too (they sit together as they are friends). And before that, I looked around to see if there was anyone better than those 2 ladies that I could be friends with, and I saw no one else. So I felt it was a sign from God!! leading me to stay in the group because I felt that if I left the group I wouldn't feel as rich and happy. I ended up staying and feeling peaceful most of the time this time, with only feeling uncomfortable some of the time...

When the husband walked in alone, I said hi to him because I felt it would be rude if I didn't say anything. He looked around for a while and eventually turned his head and said hi back. And when the course was over for the day, I really felt it was best not to say bye to everyone, with him in it, and the wife, so I was leaving and as I was leaving, a lady beside me said bye to me and I said bye back her and left. I felt at peace with what I did and the energy I felt. However, I would like prayer for me to get to feel comfortable the whole time even though I don't see how that will be possible as I feel I have to be veerrry careful in this situation, it's so sensitive and I always have to be on the alert! I would like prayer for this darkness of a situation to be broken! How can it be broken?! Thanks for the prayers!!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Brasspen
I forgot to mention, I also didn't say bye to everyone as I saw those 2 girls/ladies having a discussion with each other.
 
I forgot to mention, I also didn't say bye to everyone as I saw those 2 girls/ladies having a discussion with each other.

You have a tender heart to be concerned about other's feelings.
That's a blessing. I don't think you should feel uncomfortable about it.
I can identify with your situation.

It sounds like it's the kind of situation where you can join another group. Just pick one with a teacher that you think you would best benefit from. Approach them before church begins and let them know that you would like to be in their group.

"Is it possible to join your class?"

If they agree, then you won't be in an awkward place where you feel uncomfortable and can focus on the Bible course.
If they give you a reason that won't work, I would not take it personally. Just ask another teacher or the pastor if he can assign you to the best teacher.
 
You have a tender heart to be concerned about other's feelings.
That's a blessing. I don't think you should feel uncomfortable about it.
I can identify with your situation.

It sounds like it's the kind of situation where you can join another group. Just pick one with a teacher that you think you would best benefit from. Approach them before church begins and let them know that you would like to be in their group.

"Is it possible to join your class?"

If they agree, then you won't be in an awkward place where you feel uncomfortable and can focus on the Bible course.
If they give you a reason that won't work, I would not take it personally. Just ask another teacher or the pastor if he can assign you to the best teacher.
Thanks, sorry, so in what I wrote, to be clear, I felt God was leading me to stay in the group because when I arrived, I randomly chose a seat in the room where we gather together before we go into our groups that later I realized was right behind one of the two girls/ladies in my group who sit together were, as they are friends, as later the other lady walked in to sit with the girl/her friend, and I was seated right behind them. So I looked around the whole room seeing if there was anyone else better than those 2 girls/ladies that I could be friends with, and there was no one else so I felt if I left the group I wouldn't feel as rich or happy. So I felt this was a sign from God leading me to stay in the group. I just have been praying how this darkness, sensitive of a situation about the leader/wife and husband could be broken, if there's anything I could do. What is God saying???!!!!!
 
They did say in the beginning of the course that we can join a different group other than the group # assigned to us if we felt like it but I'm going by the scripture, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Submit to Him and He will make your path straight." And I feel God so far has led me to stay in the group. Praying about next steps or seeing how things unfold. I guess God tells us bit by bit.
 
Thanks, sorry, so in what I wrote, to be clear, I felt God was leading me to stay in the group because when I arrived, I randomly chose a seat in the room where we gather together before we go into our groups that later I realized was right behind one of the two girls/ladies in my group who sit together were, as they are friends, as later the other lady walked in to sit with the girl/her friend, and I was seated right behind them. So I looked around the whole room seeing if there was anyone else better than those 2 girls/ladies that I could be friends with, and there was no one else so I felt if I left the group I wouldn't feel as rich or happy. So I felt this was a sign from God leading me to stay in the group. I just have been praying how this darkness, sensitive of a situation about the leader/wife and husband could be broken, if there's anything I could do. What is God saying???!!!!!
you are not giving God enough credit. there is no reason for her to feel jealous of you for knowing her husband. maybe you could try talking to her, find out what the problem is, as maybe you are percieving it wrong. if God wants you to be in that group, it is for a purpose. maybe everyone else in the group is shyer and doesn't feel comfortable talking to others, sometimes you have to make the effort to make friends. if no one ver talked to anyone else, everyone waiting for someone else to talk to them, no one would ever talk.
 
you are not giving God enough credit. there is no reason for her to feel jealous of you for knowing her husband. maybe you could try talking to her, find out what the problem is, as maybe you are percieving it wrong. if God wants you to be in that group, it is for a purpose. maybe everyone else in the group is shyer and doesn't feel comfortable talking to others, sometimes you have to make the effort to make friends. if no one ver talked to anyone else, everyone waiting for someone else to talk to them, no one would ever talk.
Why r u so certain that she is not jealous? How could you even make a definite claim like that? I really felt she was feeling jealous. What am I not giving God enough credit for??? Also, I never complained about other people in the group.
 
Why r u so certain that she is not jealous? How could you even make a definite claim like that? I really felt she was feeling jealous. What am I not giving God enough credit for??? Also, I never complained about other people in the group.
why are you so defensive? she could be jealous, but jealousy is usually caused by something. maybe an unintentional behavior of yours. if you talked to her, it would likely clear some of the ice.
definite claim like what? "if God wants you to be in that group (like you said) it is for a purpose?" or "you are not giving God enough credit?"
sometimes our feelings and/or perceptions are wrong or incorrect. it happens to all of us.
you are, from your posts, not giving him credit for being omnipotent, or able to do anything. why, if he is omnipotent, would he put you in the wrong group?
was anyone else better than those 2 girls/ladies that I could be friends with,
Also, Excuse me? extremely pretentious of you to call yourself too 'good' to be friends with them.

I'm sorry, the post (op and second) is also very convouluted, I find it difficult to comprehend what you try to say.
 
why are you so defensive? she could be jealous, but jealousy is usually caused by something. maybe an unintentional behavior of yours. if you talked to her, it would likely clear some of the ice.
definite claim like what? "if God wants you to be in that group (like you said) it is for a purpose?" or "you are not giving God enough credit?"
sometimes our feelings and/or perceptions are wrong or incorrect. it happens to all of us.
you are, from your posts, not giving him credit for being omnipotent, or able to do anything. why, if he is omnipotent, would he put you in the wrong group?

Also, Excuse me? extremely pretentious of you to call yourself too 'good' to be friends with them.

I'm sorry, the post (op and second) is also very convouluted, I find it difficult to comprehend what you try to say.
Sorry, I am not in for an argument. You misinterpreted what I wrote. I said, I felt there was no one else better to be friends with other than the 2 girls/ladies in my group. I already said that I felt God wanted me to stay in the group so I believe he has a purpose.
 
To be clear, I feel the 2 girls/ladies in my group are the most suitable to be friends with out of everyone else in the course. Sorry, I didn't realize using the word "better" to be friends with would've caused a misunderstanding like that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ConfirmByDoing
To be clear, I feel the 2 girls/ladies in my group are the most suitable to be friends with out of everyone else in the course. Sorry, I didn't realize using the word "better" to be friends with would've caused a misunderstanding like that.
I am not thinking about this a lot, but I can't deny it really seems to be an issue in my interactions with regards to them.
 
I am not thinking about this a lot, but I can't deny it really seems to be an issue in my interactions with regards to them.

How can I explain, I once read an arrival that said in these interactions we are usually over-thinking, over-perceiving how others view us. In reality most people have no thought about it or they have similar thoughts of insecurity as us.
 
They did say in the beginning of the course that we can join a different group other than the group # assigned to us if we felt like it but I'm going by the scripture, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Submit to Him and He will make your path straight." And I feel God so far has led me to stay in the group. Praying about next steps or seeing how things unfold. I guess God tells us bit by bit.
If the Lord is leading you to stay.. then you know to stay. He may be ready to deal with her heart in a way that will only be present if you're there. I know when the Lord is dealing with me concerning something I need to get better at, He keeps placing in these very situations so I can keep practicing to get better at them. It's the sanctification process we all get to experience.(Prov 25:4-5; Mal 3:2-3)

Allow each group session to proceed naturally and focus on the topic at hand as much as possible. Stay humble like you are. As you can see in this very thread, misunderstandings will happen. Just maintain a natural innocent thought pattern, as you've not done anything wrong, and allow the Lord to work in the wife's heart. And if she's actually struggling with something close to what you say, keep trusting the Lord will heal her.(Gal 6:2)

Remaining humbly obedient to the Lord seeking His wisdom in this difficult time will only strengthen you.(James 1:2-8; 4:10; Rom 5:3-5)

Dear Father, please remain gentle and provide a little comfort among with Your work in this situation. Give pearl Your peace of mind going into these group sessions and brighten the Light within her to shine and eliminate any darkness the enemy may be trying to place upon her. In Jesus name.. amen (John 1:4-5; Matt 5:16)

God Bless 😇🙏