Prayer request for churches reopening

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

runnymede

Oct 17, 2020
Ontario Canada
I have learned from some Christian friends in my area that their churches area have been struggling with various issues of when, and how to reopen. There are some basic safety protocols that they need to follow but other than that the whole process is customized as to the needs of their particular church. As a result, not all are willing to attend Sunday morning services when their churches reopen.

Our own church has been planning, doing research and praying for months prior to reopening a few weeks ago. Despite that our pastor voiced his concern last Sunday that this specific issue of reopening has become quite divisive in the church and ultimately could be serious.

Please pray for churches everywhere, that in these very difficult and challenging times, there will be not only unity amongst Christ followers but genuine love for fellow believers as well.

Thank you

stepbystep

Aug 31, 2020
Honestly, I do not understand why people would have concerns about reopening their Church.

1) TRUST IN GOD!
2) Wear masks
3) Set apart from people not a direct family member
4) Wash hands and do not shake hands or give a Christian hug to those not in your direct family
5) TRUST IN GOD!
6) TRUST IN GOD!
7) TRUST IN GOD!

When His children have the courage to worship Him, God will bless them for doing so I believe.

runnymede

Oct 17, 2020
Ontario Canada
"When His children have the courage to worship Him, God will bless them for doing so I believe."

I agree SBS - absolutely!!!

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
I have learned from some Christian friends in my area that their churches area have been struggling with various issues of when, and how to reopen. There are some basic safety protocols that they need to follow but other than that the whole process is customized as to the needs of their particular church. As a result, not all are willing to attend Sunday morning services when their churches reopen.

Our own church has been planning, doing research and praying for months prior to reopening a few weeks ago. Despite that our pastor voiced his concern last Sunday that this specific issue of reopening has become quite divisive in the church and ultimately could be serious.

Please pray for churches everywhere, that in these very difficult and challenging times, there will be not only unity amongst Christ followers but genuine love for fellow believers as well.

Thank you
I join you in prayer for reopening. But just remember, the church is the body of believers and not buildings. We can still gather together in homes if need be.

runnymede

Oct 17, 2020
Ontario Canada
I join you in prayer for reopening. But just remember, the church is the body of believers and not buildings. We can still gather together in homes if need be.
Thank you Budman, your prayers and kind thoughts are appreciated.

Billyd

May 8, 2014

Thank you
We never stopped meeting. The first few weeks we did a drive meeting every Sunday. We switched to our outdoor pavilion until early summer. We moved indoors and have been there since. We suspended all our community ministries until last week. We are slowly restarting them. During the entire time we have recorded services for those who are at risk. We observe Covid19 safety precautions.

We will continue to pray for your safe restart. Just remember, keep God first.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless runnymede, and this prayer request. Lord protect believers and Churches from covid and power of darkness. Lord let the Churches reopen and there be your praise and worship together. Lord bless this prayer request. In Jesus glorious name, Amen!