Prayer

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gary

Senior Member
Oct 23, 2011
246
14
18
Woody.jpeg

I've struggled understanding the purpose of prayer because from my personal experience, it seems that things work out the way God wants regardless of whether or not I pray. However, I still pray. If it's on your heart, I would like to ask people to pray for a man named Woody. He suffered a traumatic brain injury as a firefighter/paramedic in Connecticut over 15 years ago and has been in a semi-vegetative state ever since. His parents, who are missionaries, moved to Colorado Springs many years ago and brought Woody with them. I met him about a year ago in the Nursing Rehab Center when my mom was receiving care and I visit him every week. He barely moves and is unable to communicate, but I'm pretty sure he's very much aware of what's going on around him. When I pray over him, tears often stream down his face. I couldn't imagine being stuck in his position for over 15 years and I ask God to perform a miracle so Woody can go home back to his family. His story is so heartbreaking…..the ambulance he was in was t-boned by a car only one block from the hospital and it was his second day on the job. He was also engaged to be married. Previous to becoming a firefighter, he was a DJ for a christian radio station. Maybe if more people pray for Woody, a miracle might happen…..who knows!
 
Gary said:
I couldn't imagine being stuck in his position for over 15 years...
Likewise. It can serve as a reminder of what to be grateful for.

I and others are praying for him, Gary.
 
You know, its ironic that whenever we are struggling with an area we are often reminded that we are blessed to have the families to have and the jobs that we have. This man you described as Woody spent his life putting other people's needs before his very own and now he is bedridden proving to be an example of God's love. Good for you, for allowing God to show you how much his love is shown in every situation in our life. I will be praying for him, but I will also be praying for the strength it takes to see him every week because I know from experience that it is not an easy one.