Prayer

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

hillbilly

Banned
Mar 7, 2018
50
3
0
I always wonder when I read blogs and see the amount of entries and the responses by the same people. Then I go to the chat room from time to time and see the same people there all the time. What is the first thing a lot of Christians that have social media do. Do they turn on the computer or pray. I know there are all sorts of polls on things. I was surprised to hear a large percentage of Pastors don't pray for more than 15 minutes a day. I know the persecuted Church is big on prayer they have to be and that at my Church there are only 3 men in the weekly prayer group. I don't do any social media outside of joining this site 2 weeks ago and don't watch television so this is sort of news to me. Be interesting to see how many people in the western Church pray for an hour or more each morning and how many pray say 3 times a day. Listening to a Dr Youseef sermon last night he said some interesting things. Basically saying people use the word can't i.e. I can't find the time. He replaced the word with won't. I wonder how many people would actually be prepared to cut down the time spent on social media and watching television in order to obey God and pray. Also not pray for their wants and desires but for the Church, persecuted Church, Israel, the government etc.
 
Well regardless of what I am doing whether that is on cc going on my walks or even just using the bathroom I talk with god all the time about all kinds of things. Some might consider this not to be prayer but for me prayer is having a conversation with God and for me I simply cannot go without I feel like I have this missing hole inside me if I go a day without talking to him. But it is true blogs are not really the best for any responses I actually think this would be a good thread in the bdf the most popular forum in this site and I also think it would convict a lot of people in a good way
 
yup I do that to and you are right it does feel like a hole inside when you miss time with Him. The comment at the end was meant for the guy called ugly that commented. Evidently he's well known on here. I'm new here so I will try and find the place you mentioned.
 
hillbilly;bt24068 said:
yup I do that to and you are right it does feel like a hole inside when you miss time with Him. The comment at the end was meant for the guy called ugly that commented. Evidently he's well known on here. I'm new here so I will try and find the place you mentioned.
Ugly is actually a pretty good guy he sometimes can speak in a way that he shouldn't but for the most part he is good guy. If you cannot find the bible discussion forum let me know and if you want I can copy and paste your blog post into a thread for you