Prayers for family appreciated

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 26, 2012
My wife and I have been going through some stuff. For years there has been virtually no compatibility. I don’t really want to go into details but it’s not a happy home. I know it seems wrong to consider divorce but I would like to provide the kids with a bit of sanity. I’m not sure I can do that staying together.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless and heal Hungry and his wife's relationship. Lord give your understand and love and bless this couple. Lord bless this prayer and you be glorified. In Jesus loving name, Amen!

Deror

Mar 30, 2018
I'm so sorry.
I won't advise, your feelings might be natural. Yet God is supernatural, His ways are higher and nothing is impossible with Him. To Him who can do exceedingly more than we can ask or think. Take heart, He has overcome.

Dear Jesus, please do a new thing for Hungry, in his family, for his family Lord. He cares for his family, please help them Jesus and provide sanity and Shalom into the family unit and home. Settle and stablish them in Your Unfailing Love. Please deliver them Jesus by Your Spirit and Precious Blood. Thankyou Lord Jesus, Amen.

Nov 26, 2012
I'm so sorry.
I won't advise, your feelings might be natural. Yet God is supernatural, His ways are higher and nothing is impossible with Him. To Him who can do exceedingly more than we can ask or think. Take heart, He has overcome.

Dear Jesus, please do a new thing for Hungry, in his family, for his family Lord. He cares for his family, please help them Jesus and provide sanity and Shalom into the family unit and home. Settle and stablish them in Your Unfailing Love. Please deliver them Jesus by Your Spirit and Precious Blood. Thankyou Lord Jesus, Amen.
Amen, and thank you

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
My wife and I have been going through some stuff. For years there has been virtually no compatibility. I don’t really want to go into details but it’s not a happy home. I know it seems wrong to consider divorce but I would like to provide the kids with a bit of sanity. I’m not sure I can do that staying together.
Familiarity breeds contempt. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

littlestarsmum

Oct 19, 2016
I’m so sorry to hear that, Hungry. This is a hard thing to go through. Have you considered talking with a couple counselor? Do you think that's something that might be helpful for you personally? Do you think your wife might consider going with you? I just said a prayer for you and your wife, asking the Lord to bring healing and hope to your situation. May God be your source of wisdom and strength in the days ahead. I know it’s not easy right now, but stay strong in Him. Grace and peace to you and your family!

Nov 26, 2012
I’m so sorry to hear that, Hungry. This is a hard thing to go through. Have you considered talking with a couple counselor? Do you think that's something that might be helpful for you personally? Do you think your wife might consider going with you? I just said a prayer for you and your wife, asking the Lord to bring healing and hope to your situation. May God be your source of wisdom and strength in the days ahead. I know it’s not easy right now, but stay strong in Him. Grace and peace to you and your family!
Thank you. I’m not against counseling but my wife and I are just so completely different. Most of our problems will never be reconciled. We are two people on two paths. We do not agree on anything. I just wonder if I lived my life and allowed her to live hers, although there would be some initial heartbreak, in the long run there would at least be peace. Neither has any desire to conform. I will never be what she wants and in all honesty, I don’t think God wants me to be that either. Has anyone reading this gone through this? Is there anyone on the other side of this dilemma who understands? I know separation is never easy on children but neither is living in a home with endless turmoil. I really have nobody to talk to, I have no friends to talk to because most are couples who know us both. I think she would be better off if we split up but I’m not certain she would survive the transition. I’m just tired of hating life and seeing her tortured. She can sense I’m not in love with her and it’s eating at her daily.

Bebe11

Oct 30, 2016
My husband and I were going down different paths after the death of our daughter. Our marriage was difficult for 15 years...until we finally agreed to go to counseling. Christian Counseling was the best thing for us. We read the book The DNA of Relationships by Gary Smalley. God performed a miracle in our marriage! It is the best I could have ever imagined. Also...we raised two boys who have turned out to be the best men I could imagine. God will take care of your children! Hopefully you and your wife can work on your marriage!

Nov 26, 2012
My husband and I were going down different paths after the death of our daughter. Our marriage was difficult for 15 years...until we finally agreed to go to counseling. Christian Counseling was the best thing for us. We read the book The DNA of Relationships by Gary Smalley. God performed a miracle in our marriage! It is the best I could have ever imagined. Also...we raised two boys who have turned out to be the best men I could imagine. God will take care of your children! Hopefully you and your wife can work on your marriage!
Thank you. I’m sorry to hear about your daughter. The trials my wife and I share pale in comparison. I have two boys who challenge our patience daily. There is so much wisdom we want to impart in them...but they seem to prefer to imitate our shortcomings (jerks, lol). I am a fan of Gary Smalley, I will have to add that book to my library, and read it even. May God continue to bless you also.

Budman

Mar 9, 2014
Praying God will restore your marriage and heal through His boundless love.

KBond

Jun 5, 2013
Thank you. I’m not against counseling but my wife and I are just so completely different. Most of our problems will never be reconciled. We are two people on two paths. We do not agree on anything. I just wonder if I lived my life and allowed her to live hers, although there would be some initial heartbreak, in the long run there would at least be peace. Neither has any desire to conform. I will never be what she wants and in all honesty, I don’t think God wants me to be that either. Has anyone reading this gone through this? Is there anyone on the other side of this dilemma who understands? I know separation is never easy on children but neither is living in a home with endless turmoil. I really have nobody to talk to, I have no friends to talk to because most are couples who know us both. I think she would be better off if we split up but I’m not certain she would survive the transition. I’m just tired of hating life and seeing her tortured. She can sense I’m not in love with her and it’s eating at her daily.
I am gonna be really honest with you here so I hope you can accept it. First, God hates divorce. You made a promise before God to be married to her for life. Even if you are not motivated by any other reason, be motivated to stay married because God hates divorce. My husband and I have been in this situation several times. Relationships seem to go through periods of closeness and then distance. The distance seems to happen when we are not putting effort into or giving priority to our marriage. Try asking God to restore your love for your wife. Then do things for her as you did when you were younger. Try romancing her and attracting her with gifts and by taking better care of yourself. Make sacrifices of your time to do things she wants to do. In return, you will see that she will do the same things for you. Also, you will see that your relationship is restored. Every person on earth is different, and that is why every marriage is hard and truly teaches you love. If you married someone exactly like yourself, you would just be loving yourself. Love your wife because she is different and is unique. Love is a choice and not a feeling. I know this works because it works with us and for lots of others. There is a sample counseling session in a nutshell. I strongly recommend counseling. It will fix how you relate. Your children need you now to show them how to persevere in relationships. Soon you will need each other to care for one another as you age. STAY MARRIED!!!!! I say this in love to you as a brother in Christ. I pray you will both have the wisdom to stick it out. Blessings!

Malachi 2:16 "For I hate divorce,” says the Lord, the God of Israel..."

Last edited: