prayers for my apostate friend

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jacko

Well-known member
Sep 2, 2024
2,111
1,348
113
My friend Richard who I have not spoken to in over 10-15 years reached out to me. He has been through alot, jail, divorce, homelessness and most sadly he has apostate his faith. He is a hardcore gnostic and I believe he is being tortured by demons. This manifest itself through the trauma and PTSD he has suffered through his life experiences. Sadly, he was the person who introduced Jesus when we teenagers at 17 years old. I ask for healing and deliverance for my friend. Also, he called me when he was in a manic phase, he told me he is bi-polar now... and I promise it was almost too much for me to deal with. I ask God give me wisdom and patience to deal with this with love.
 
My friend Richard who I have not spoken to in over 10-15 years reached out to me. He has been through alot, jail, divorce, homelessness and most sadly he has apostate his faith. He is a hardcore gnostic and I believe he is being tortured by demons. This manifest itself through the trauma and PTSD he has suffered through his life experiences. Sadly, he was the person who introduced Jesus when we teenagers at 17 years old. I ask for healing and deliverance for my friend. Also, he called me when he was in a manic phase, he told me he is bi-polar now... and I promise it was almost too much for me to deal with. I ask God give me wisdom and patience to deal with this with love.
The same thing happened to me with my friend Michael. He called me, showed up to my house and told me that people were following him everywhere he went. I could tell that he was really paranoid. I allowed him to sleep in his car outside my place cause we had a full house, two of the people in my house at the time. My sister and her husband just had a baby and I didn't want my nephew around the guy...he tried to come in a few times and eventually got into a tiff with my sisters husband and so I gave him info on homeless shelters and rehab centers cause apparently he was addicted to meth, and I told him he had to leave.

He left, cleaned up his life by taking my advice on going to a homeless shelter and rehab center, until about a year later, he was doing the same stuff.

He called me from prison a few times a month ago and I just didn't answer. I don't want anything to do with the guy. I have my own issues. Sorry if that isn't a Christian thing to do but sometimes tough love is necessary.
 
I will pray for your friend, and for you to have the wisdom that Paul asked for in Ephesians 6:19.

"Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel."

The greatest thing we can do for someone in this position is to show the love of Christ to them, but we must also guard ourselves to not grow angry and impatient. We also must guard ourselves from any real danger. It sounds like a tough situation. The good news is that with God all things are possible!
 
The same thing happened to me with my friend Michael. He called me, showed up to my house and told me that people were following him everywhere he went. I could tell that he was really paranoid. I allowed him to sleep in his car outside my place cause we had a full house, two of the people in my house at the time. My sister and her husband just had a baby and I didn't want my nephew around the guy...he tried to come in a few times and eventually got into a tiff with my sisters husband and so I gave him info on homeless shelters and rehab centers cause apparently he was addicted to meth, and I told him he had to leave.

He left, cleaned up his life by taking my advice on going to a homeless shelter and rehab center, until about a year later, he was doing the same stuff.

He called me from prison a few times a month ago and I just didn't answer. I don't want anything to do with the guy. I have my own issues. Sorry if that isn't a Christian thing to do but sometimes tough love is necessary.
After almost 40 years of 12 step fellowship meetings I can tell you that many have to hit
rock bottom before they find any willingness and even then it can be a fight for their lives.
Consequences are what wake some people up to the fact that something has to change...
 
After almost 40 years of 12 step fellowship meetings I can tell you that many have to hit
rock bottom before they find any willingness and even then it can be a fight for their lives.
Consequences are what wake some people up to the fact that something has to change...
I agree because I was one of those people
 
  • Like
Reactions: Magenta
I prayed with him for healing and reconciliation with his daughters. But he called me 3 times today and left me maybe 500 messages. It's honestly too much for me to handle as I have my own issues with dealing with. Honestly, I don't want to ghost him either, but I really need some hard boundaries. Sadly I think he told me in his message its too much for him and he will ghost himself.
 
I will pray for your friend, and for you to have the wisdom that Paul asked for in Ephesians 6:19.

"Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel."

The greatest thing we can do for someone in this position is to show the love of Christ to them, but we must also guard ourselves to not grow angry and impatient. We also must guard ourselves from any real danger. It sounds like a tough situation. The good news is that with God all things are possible!

He has had a complete mental breakdown and really needs professional help. Sometimes he sounds normal others times, crazy as a bat. I'm truly believe he is being oppressed by demons.
 
I prayed with him for healing and reconciliation with his daughters. But he called me 3 times today and left me maybe 500 messages. It's honestly too much for me to handle as I have my own issues with dealing with. Honestly, I don't want to ghost him either, but I really need some hard boundaries. Sadly I think he told me in his message its too much for him and he will ghost himself.
I’m sorry @jacko
Michael was my best friend since 4th grade. Not sure how close you were to your friend, but I can imagine what you are going through and it sucks.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Magenta and jacko
I prayed with him for healing and reconciliation with his daughters. But he called me 3 times today and left me maybe 500 messages. It's honestly too much for me to handle as I have my own issues with dealing with. Honestly, I don't want to ghost him either, but I really need some hard boundaries. Sadly I think he told me in his message its too much for him and he will ghost himself.
Can you help him look for help by providing leads on recovery houses or rehabs? Usually they require some clean time...
 
prayercrae.png

Addiction Prayer
 
After almost 40 years of 12 step fellowship meetings I can tell you that many have to hit
rock bottom before they find any willingness and even then it can be a fight for their lives.
Consequences are what wake some people up to the fact that something has to change...
Thanks for sharing. :)
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: Magenta and jacko
I come to you lord Jesus christ, and I lift u up @jacko friends. I ask u Jesus to break the curses. I ask u Jesus to break the voodoo, Satan prayers, witchcraft, prayer attacks. I ask you lord Jesus to take all these curses and demons and, judge them, according to your will. all praise, glory, honor belongs to you. Thank you.
 
I don’t know why but I believe once a born again Christian, always a Christian, always in the palm of God’s hand. I don’t think any demons or curses have any effect on a born again Christian. And I think someone can be an apostate from a religious group, a political group or any other group and still have a relationship with God if they are a born again Christian. There is a difference between being religious and having a relationship with God, that’s just my view point, take it or leave it. I’m just a dumb human who knows nothing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jacko
I come to you lord Jesus christ, and I lift u up @jacko friends. I ask u Jesus to break the curses. I ask u Jesus to break the voodoo, Satan prayers, witchcraft, prayer attacks. I ask you lord Jesus to take all these curses and demons and, judge them, according to your will. all praise, glory, honor belongs to you. Thank you.
Thank you; extreme bi-polar and being into gnosticism is recipe for disaster; inviting spirits and torment.
 
I lift my crippled friend richard through the roof of his illness and torment to you Lord Jesus as in Mark 2:4.
  • Mark 2:4 (NIV)
    “Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus by digging through it and then lowered the mat the man was lying on.”

Mercy and grace; with love and faith; oh Lord Jesus,
Amen