Prayers for my brother. My family. And me.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 27, 2018
Regina Saskatchewan
My brother just left to detox to try and get sober for the second time. He is a very heavy drinker, he is having such a hard time and is so lost and so alone. He is only 26, he has been questioning his faith for a while now and now he has fallen into the alcohol and world view of if your a “good person” you will get to heaven.

I wish for prayers for him to come to Christ, foremost, then for sobriety.

It seems like everything is against him and I just wish he would find some peace.

Actually my whole family is alcoholic from one degree to another and they need prayers for redemption to come back and return to walking with the Lord. Lately everything has just gotten worse, sometimes I feel like the only sane person and I’m a recovering addict! ( 7 years sober)

Please pray for me also in this hard time, it’s been very depressing. Hard to wake up and do my normal routine. I feel so down over life sometimes. I feel like so far from the Lord times like these, but at the same time I know He is working in my life because I am so blessed! Pray that the Holy Spirit strengthens me in my time of weakness and gives me the peace that I so sorely need.

S

Sweetmorningdew78

Lord I pray for Rebecca's brother and the rest of her family Lord please free them heal them from alcohol addiction in the name of Jesus I also pray for Rebecca Lord please give her the strength she needs everyday give her peace in her heart that she dont have to worry about tomorrow and she will keep her eyes on you. Thank you Lord for hearing my prayer in Jesus name. Amen.

God bless you and your family Rebecca ❤ Welcome to CC ❤

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I have said a prayer for you and your family in this addiction struggle.

Jul 27, 2018
Regina Saskatchewan
Thank you all! I appreciate your prayers so much, I believe it will be the only way my family will overcome this great evil that has seemed to ensnared all of my family in one way or another. It would be so wonderful to have them all come back to the Lord again.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord we agree with this prayer, bless everyone mentioned here. Let you work in their lives and you be glorified. In Jesus precious name, Amen!

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
Hello and welcome to CC, Rebecca. I hope you find this space helpful and encouraging.

I’m so sorry to hear about the addiction issues your family has been going through. I’m lifting up your family before the Lord, asking Him to draw each one of you closer to Himself, provide strength and help to overcome your struggles. May He sustain you with His grace and peace as you trust in Him.

Jun 18, 2013
Lord we pray with Rebecca for her brother an d herself. Bless and heal their lives. Let them come out of this situation. In the precious name of Jesus.Amen