Prayers/guidance

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Well I'm just reaching out for generalized prayer right now. I'm having difficulty honoring my parents (mother and stepfather) in a difficult situation for me. I'm not married and a lifelong single so I still feel that their authority is in place. It's not just thinking, I legitimately feel a type of spiritual authority that is pretty irritating especially when I disagree. So I have a disagreement and am angry and I'm making a lot of decisions that are...uh...dubious but perhaps I needed this kind of shift.

It is odd though because a change from the Lord born from anger frustration and a little bit of pride doesn't sound like him, but at the same time it may be a correcting moment and I am obstinate/stubborn within it.

Either way prayers are super important. I am pretty emotional and a bit sad because I literally don't know what I'm doing wrong for sure. Like I have some things out of balance in my life that most people wouldn't consider sin but I think it probably is, it's just difficult to wrestle against the flesh in some areas when so much is going on. Should a Christian prioritize holiness? Probably not, but sometimes I don't know what else to do...and that comes back to being stubborn and weak in ways.

Anyway, yesterday this came to a peak and I'm going out to make some sense of it, but my earlier thoughts included reaching out for prayer here as I don't want to pray with them. I feel that they have hurt me and if I have forgiven them there is still some "holdover" obviously still present or I would not be typing about it as we all want to encourage other believers with strength and fortitude but alas I am not feeling too strong.

Like, I "can" be strong by hardening my heart but is that strength? Probably not. It seems productive but I'm pretty sure that's a lie.

A lot can happen when you're angry and it may not be noticeable to others but I know it is to the Lord and he doesn't seem pleased with me at present exactly just because of all the assault involved (nothing physical, just verbal/etc.) It could be something deeper like that, but honestly I'm tired of that too. I've prayed and it's like I have some sort of door open to the enemy and either God is allowing it or it's my fault...sincerely I am not sure. If it is my fault, other than pray, I don't know what to do really...except follow vague hints.

Sometimes I think the Lord is vague about certain things because really there is joy in discovery with all the surprises that are straight up hidden in our futures.

Well, I'm getting somewhat long. This is definitely a prayer request but I think a bit of where I am might help you reach out for me a little more effectively.

You don't need to post back, the likelihood of at least one person praying for me is pretty good I think. If you want to post, sure go ahead or react or whatever. I feel like I should end this with an "I love you" but why oh why I do not know...because I don't see that anywhere on the forums...but I do have love for other believers...especially when I'm in a hard place. Other times too, but it's different. God is love though so I won't think overmuch on it :)

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Father God bless Mii, and this prayer request, and you be glorified. In Jesus righteous name, Amen!

K

kittycat7

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
1 Corinthians 10:

Feb 28, 2016
Mii,
it sounds as if you may be more involved in your parents lives/drama than your own Spiritual life -
even though they are very connected, they are also very separate...
and if you are having a battle with anger/hurt/pain, whether directed towards them-caused by them,
or other events, it is and can be very disconcerting not only to you, but also to them, especially
when we know that Jesus would not be in agreement with us harboring or speaking in self-righteous anger,
or any kind of brawling-contention', etc., as opposed to being at 'peace'...

I know for sure that our Saviour desires each of His children to be free from all carnal bondages-old ways',
I know this for sure, because of the way that The Holy Spirit began to convict me so many years ago...
we all have our personal battles to fight and over-come along our way, this is our duty, and with God,
you already know that He has blessed His children with His Holy Helper in our times of need,
if we submit totally, humbly, before Him daily as we journey -
PS. 34:18.
The LORD is near unto them that are of a broken heart; and saves such as be of a contrite spirit.
ISA. 66:2.
'For all those things has My hand made, and all those things have been, saith The LORD:
but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembles at My Word'.

it does become easier and easier as we grow and learn how to use His Holy tools, and we will find
the answers and Heavenly power that we seek when our hearts are open and aligned with His,
when we can be completely honest within our own hearts and minds, and just not be afraid to 'go-there',
we find our freedom and liberation when we can achieve this, Trust and Faith is monumental here -
it's how we learn to acknowledge and then let-go of our old, bondages and habits that are so
very displeasing to us, but especially to our Father - we begin to care very much about how
He expects us to 'love-act-speak'...
it all takes time and heartfelt desire, but oh the rewards, for when we please Him, He also pleases us...
PRO. 16:7.
When a man's ways please The LORD, he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
LUKE 18:27.
And He said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

just the fact that you have been so very humble as to share your heart with those of us right here in this forum,
speaks volumes to many of us, -
it is obvious that you are on a glorious journey, and that your heart and spirit are seeking to be right and true
in God's eyes and in His righteous ways...

thank you so much for sharing your heart,
and yes, there are many here who LOVE you very much!!!
xoxoxoxoxo...

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Mii,
it sounds as if you may be more involved in your parents lives/drama than your own Spiritual life -
even though they are very connected, they are also very separate...
and if you are having a battle with anger/hurt/pain, whether directed towards them-caused by them,
or other events, it is and can be very disconcerting not only to you, but also to them, especially
when we know that Jesus would not be in agreement with us harboring or speaking in self-righteous anger,
or any kind of brawling-contention', etc., as opposed to being at 'peace'...

I know for sure that our Saviour desires each of His children to be free from all carnal bondages-old ways',
I know this for sure, because of the way that The Holy Spirit began to convict me so many years ago...
we all have our personal battles to fight and over-come along our way, this is our duty, and with God,
you already know that He has blessed His children with His Holy Helper in our times of need,
if we submit totally, humbly, before Him daily as we journey -
PS. 34:18.
The LORD is near unto them that are of a broken heart; and saves such as be of a contrite spirit.
ISA. 66:2.
'For all those things has My hand made, and all those things have been, saith The LORD:
but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembles at My Word'.

it does become easier and easier as we grow and learn how to use His Holy tools, and we will find
the answers and Heavenly power that we seek when our hearts are open and aligned with His,
when we can be completely honest within our own hearts and minds, and just not be afraid to 'go-there',
we find our freedom and liberation when we can achieve this, Trust and Faith is monumental here -
it's how we learn to acknowledge and then let-go of our old, bondages and habits that are so
very displeasing to us, but especially to our Father - we begin to care very much about how
He expects us to 'love-act-speak'...
it all takes time and heartfelt desire, but oh the rewards, for when we please Him, He also pleases us...
PRO. 16:7.
When a man's ways please The LORD, he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
LUKE 18:27.
And He said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

just the fact that you have been so very humble as to share your heart with those of us right here in this forum,
speaks volumes to many of us, -
it is obvious that you are on a glorious journey, and that your heart and spirit are seeking to be right and true
in God's eyes and in His righteous ways...

thank you so much for sharing your heart,
and yes, there are many here who LOVE you very much!!!
xoxoxoxoxo...
Well this was a lift earlier in the day and I thought about it a bit more. I had considered that maybe people can "project" their issues on others and perhaps there is some of that here. I'm not sure if focusing on other people's issues overmuch can mess up our walk and take our focus off Jesus as central but then again I'm not sure why this is where I am right now and even if it's the Lord's will, still...it's confusing. More like a mystery/puzzlement than profound confusion and anguish within that but there are days when it is more trying.

I appreciate the words very much. I'm getting a much more personal "being in the Lord's hands" and while it is uncomfortable and embarrassing in some ways, especially if I'm just being stubborn...idk. I have to rest a bit and realize I don't really control that much and mostly it's him anyway, but at times it is hard to remember that and be patient and just keep focused. There are definitely areas I need to grow in but the soil seems at least tillable somehow now, whereas before it seemed almost futile. Something changed. Not sure what yet but ty everyone that did pray :)

Anyway, <3

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
What I find so helpful for me is to listen to messages from some of the great old-timers. I like Kenneth Hagin Sr and R W Kenyon, they both left legacies of helpful insight from years of experience. They really helped me focus:) when I needed some outside input.

stepbystep

Aug 31, 2020
Praying for you Mii..........God bless and keep you and ease your spiritual concerns.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I appreciate it everyone. My situation is constantly changing...his mercies are new every morning though and some days I am able to see that more clearly than others. Not sure what blocks days starting out in a quagmire but things are somewhat resolved, in that I realize I may need to minimize my interactions to an extent with my parents and find some healing with old wounds...talking about it is all I have done and some of it needs to be walked out. Hard road ahead. Praying for wisdom and revelation :)

Peace be with you.