Prayers in mind only!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
( 1 Cor 14:15) I had always wondered if the Lord hears prayers not spoken,but rather spoken in silence in ones own mindset? The reason to pray in this manner is that when you speak your prayers the enemy hears them as well,and as you know sometimes depending on ones words out loud we can accidently give the enemy an opportunity to look to corrupt our own words.( Eph 4:27) Matt 12:36-37)

SO!! Last night I was praying for my brother to find a better job to increase financial needs we have here at home,and the very next day as my brother was coming home from work he got a new job managing a mom and pop grocery store which would double his income each week! The point!

From a renewed mindset can also come a renewed prayer result!!( Rom 12:2) I am now convinced that Jesus hears both prayers which are spoken out loud and prayers not spoken at all! The mind of the human is somewhat complex,because in the mindset many things can enter it at one time. But when the mind is focused upon just one action,example first you see yourself before the very throne of God in your mindset,on ones knees,or standing bowing,another words in some type of great reverence!

You then in your mind proceed to make your case before the Lord,and then wait in your mindset for his answer. Since the Lord himself knows all things ( 1 peter 1:2) it is not that you are instructing the Lord,but rather looking to reason in such a way,that he will take heed to the concern you have for another or even for self.

Jesus is aware but you must believe this as well. And that is the great benefit of not just having a renewed mind,but acting upon that renewed mind! Anyway,the Lord answered my prayer,in a great and mighty way and I am so thankful for him always,and he wanted me to relate this to you all in hope that having a renewed mind is only as good as one chooses to use that renewed mind!

So I encourage us all to use the mind he gave us!!( 1 Cor 2:5) and!!! ( 1 Cor 2:16!!) For indeed the renewed mind given to us through the very knowledge of our Jesus produces wisdom from that very knowledge he gave us! And the fruit of this is our result! I thank you Lord Jesus for thy wisdom,for thy righteousness, for thy sanctification,and yes for thy redemption, for in these things we boast in thee!!!( 1 Cor 1:30-31!!) Blessing all!

1True

Apr 29, 2017
Sometime we think one way and God has a whole new plan and we are to trust Him in all things and waiting apon Him alone
Blessings in abundance ,we pray for one things and God blesses with a bigger plan.
Christina

1True

Apr 29, 2017
I was putting words of acknowledgement into practise and one day God showed me a person at my assembly I had no word but as I stepped close to the person and doing as the Lord ask me to a river of living Words feel from my tongue ,not that I was surprised but surely blessed beyond measure.
pray, pray and pray again spend time in his presence know Him

Walking closer to HiM,pray without ceasing
Blessings
Christina

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2016
( 1 Cor 14:15) I had always wondered if the Lord hears prayers not spoken,but rather spoken in silence in ones own mindset? The reason to pray in this manner is that when you speak your prayers the enemy hears them as well,and as you know sometimes depending on ones words out loud we can accidently give the enemy an opportunity to look to corrupt our own words.( Eph 4:27) Matt 12:36-37)

SO!! Last night I was praying for my brother to find a better job to increase financial needs we have here at home,and the very next day as my brother was coming home from work he got a new job managing a mom and pop grocery store which would double his income each week! The point!

From a renewed mindset can also come a renewed prayer result!!( Rom 12:2) I am now convinced that Jesus hears both prayers which are spoken out loud and prayers not spoken at all! The mind of the human is somewhat complex,because in the mindset many things can enter it at one time. But when the mind is focused upon just one action,example first you see yourself before the very throne of God in your mindset,on ones knees,or standing bowing,another words in some type of great reverence!

You then in your mind proceed to make your case before the Lord,and then wait in your mindset for his answer. Since the Lord himself knows all things ( 1 peter 1:2) it is not that you are instructing the Lord,but rather looking to reason in such a way,that he will take heed to the concern you have for another or even for self.

Jesus is aware but you must believe this as well. And that is the great benefit of not just having a renewed mind,but acting upon that renewed mind! Anyway,the Lord answered my prayer,in a great and mighty way and I am so thankful for him always,and he wanted me to relate this to you all in hope that having a renewed mind is only as good as one chooses to use that renewed mind!

So I encourage us all to use the mind he gave us!!( 1 Cor 2:5) and!!! ( 1 Cor 2:16!!) For indeed the renewed mind given to us through the very knowledge of our Jesus produces wisdom from that very knowledge he gave us! And the fruit of this is our result! I thank you Lord Jesus for thy wisdom,for thy righteousness, for thy sanctification,and yes for thy redemption, for in these things we boast in thee!!!( 1 Cor 1:30-31!!) Blessing all!
==============================================================

( 1 Cor 14:15) I had always wondered if the Lord hears prayers not spoken,but rather spoken in silence in ones own mindset? The reason to pray in this manner is that when you speak your prayers the enemy hears them as well,and as you know sometimes depending on ones words out loud we can accidently give the enemy an opportunity to look to corrupt our own words.(

=============================================================
our Heavenly Father's ears cannot 'hear' but what our hearts are speaking in The Faith,
that He has given/blessed us with!, hopefully -in Love, Faith and Trust,
to Him and to Him only...this is a 'code', a secret 'Spiritual message of assurance' for those of us
who have put ALL of our Faith in Him'...hugs and smiles'...

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Almost all of my prayers are spoken in silence and in privacy with him and they are the kind i have seen him work through the most.
There isn't a single type of prayer some pray out loud some speak with him in their minds others sing their prayers others write their prayers in the form of poetry some can even speak with him using what I call the language of the hearts and this si sometimes the most profound prayers I have ever had with him.

A language that speaks words with no tongue and has words with no sound it is simply words that only our hearts can speak because the human tongue simply cannot utter such words. For me personally it is the most beautiful and intimate form of prayer it is a connection of the hearts between God and us a language and speech that only two such hearts can hear speak and understand it is a language that only one with a very deep intimate and endearing love with God knows how to speak but when one knows how then you will experience see and understand parts of God that you could never begin to imagine and will make you fall madly in love with him

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
What at least I have found Brother Blain,is the longer you mature in our Jesus the less in words you have to say to him, except to thank him!( 1 thess 5:18) Getting the mind quiet enough to become instructed is a chore in itself, at least for a while! LOL But when looking only for instruction is the center of ones mindset,then I have found what to say in my mindset results in understanding how to pray in his very will!

Because you have now disciplined your mind,from HIS very word!( rom 12:2) The mind does not really entertain comfort on its own,not lasting comfort at least, and looks to entertain all sort of things, while you really want the mind to focus on just one simple task,being instructed by Jesus whom our hope lies within!( rom 15:13)

And this is accomplished by keeping the mind active upon his word,rather then the mind's feeling and emotion! For from the mind itself lies the action of the body,and when you really understand this,you then understand the discipline it takes to overcome!( 1 Cor 9:23-27!!) Thanks to all for the fine comments! The mindset is a terrible place alone,but with Jesus present in our very mindset there can be, and is lasting peace!!( Phil 4:7-8)!!

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
What at least I have found Brother Blain,is the longer you mature in our Jesus the less in words you have to say to him, except to thank him!( 1 thess 5:18) Getting the mind quiet enough to become instructed is a chore in itself, at least for a while! LOL But when looking only for instruction is the center of ones mindset,then I have found what to say in my mindset results in understanding how to pray in his very will!

Because you have now disciplined your mind,from HIS very word!( rom 12:2) The mind does not really entertain comfort on its own,not lasting comfort at least, and looks to entertain all sort of things, while you really want the mind to focus on just one simple task,being instructed by Jesus whom our hope lies within!( rom 15:13)

And this is accomplished by keeping the mind active upon his word,rather then the mind's feeling and emotion! For from the mind itself lies the action of the body,and when you really understand this,you then understand the discipline it takes to overcome!( 1 Cor 9:23-27!!) Thanks to all for the fine comments! The mindset is a terrible place alone,but with Jesus present in our very mindset there can be, and is lasting peace!!( Phil 4:7-8)!!
I have just come through a 5 day time scale of feeling so lost through a slip up, a back sliding or old dam habit, and it brought me to my knees in tears to God because the guilt and shame i felt for hurting Him after all He has and is doing for me in my life Ii just couldn`t bare the thought i had hurt Him, but through these pass days i have repented, received forgiveness and now today this afternoon, God has finally put me back on my feet standing upright through Jesus in front of Him, but through these past days i have spent more time in my prayers to God then i have ever spent with Him in these past two years i been born again, my prayers have been vocal, to sobbing, to wailing, to silence because i did not have the breath to speak, i could not even at times read my bible because of the tears, yet somehow through the Grace of God His words were still put on my heart, yes God sees our prayers, He hears our prayers, He feels our prayers, He knows our prayers and He answers our prayers, not always with the answer we want, but always with what is best for us, Praise the Lord for He is good, what a wonderful God we serve...xox...:)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Very true my friend, I have found that there is a time be as fire and to speak to him with great passion and a burning desire and then there are times to be still as waters as to hear him and commune with him with serenity peace and to simply be still and listen.

I have found that when I am as still waters I am filled with a profound serenity peace and am filled with a sense of his beauty and wonder and my heart is like slow waves speaking to him in this manner without me even speaking at all. But as you said getting ourselves to reach this state of heart is indeed a chore and is something that requires much practice and personal time with him. This is where the connection of the hearts comes in, sometimes he and his children have a kind of bond where they don't even need to say anything their hearts already speak for them and that is the most precious wondrous kind of bond to have with him as it is one formed from the deepest love adoration and intimacy

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I have just come through a 5 day time scale of feeling so lost through a slip up, a back sliding or old dam habit, and it brought me to my knees in tears to God because the guilt and shame i felt for hurting Him after all He has and is doing for me in my life Ii just couldn`t bare the thought i had hurt Him, but through these pass days i have repented, received forgiveness and now today this afternoon, God has finally put me back on my feet standing upright through Jesus in front of Him, but through these past days i have spent more time in my prayers to God then i have ever spent with Him in these past two years i been born again, my prayers have been vocal, to sobbing, to wailing, to silence because i did not have the breath to speak, i could not even at times read my bible because of the tears, yet somehow through the Grace of God His words were still put on my heart, yes God sees our prayers, He hears our prayers, He feels our prayers, He knows our prayers and He answers our prayers, not always with the answer we want, but always with what is best for us, Praise the Lord for He is good, what a wonderful God we serve...xox...:)
Interestingly enough I have also just come from the same kind of storm and was feeling exactly as you did, but then he brought back to memory how there was a time when I was just sinning sooooooo much because of my addiction and would constantly cry from the guilt having no power to stop and every time I imagined his face I just saw him with fiery angry eyes and just knew I was going to hell, but instead of what I thought I saw what I received instead was kind gently eyes filled with love and compassion and instead of striking me down he instead lifted my sunken head with those loving eyes and encouraged me to keep going and spoke to my heart the words I need you to be strong for me.

Had he stuck me down in what would have been righteously done in my sin I would have crumbled and never been able to stand again, he instead built me up gave me life and made me strong.

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Blessing sister Rosemary! YES!!! ( Psalm 40:1-3!!!) The Lord does indeed know our heart and our mindset! And to prove to you the Lord has indeed heard your cry he has personally instructed me to give you this!! It is still very true dear sister that God does indeed still speak to his people!!( Isaiah 41:9-13!!!!)) Please read this out loud, and you will stay as I always stay sister VERY THANKFUL!!!!! ( 1 Thess 5:18!!)

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Blessing sister Rosemary! YES!!! ( Psalm 40:1-3!!!) The Lord does indeed know our heart and our mindset! And to prove to you the Lord has indeed heard your cry he has personally instructed me to give you this!! It is still very true dear sister that God does indeed still speak to his people!!( Isaiah 41:9-13!!!!)) Please read this out loud, and you will stay as I always stay sister VERY THANKFUL!!!!! ( 1 Thess 5:18!!)
WOW brighthouse98...I could barely wait to come back and write in response to your message :D wow them verses you got out there for me is exactly the way my last five days have gone, as i just read them from start to finish today is the day a new song is in my heart and i am soooo thankful to my Amazing WON~DER~FUL Father and thank you so much brighthouse, you have truly blessed me with your message for me, thank you...xox...

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Interestingly enough I have also just come from the same kind of storm and was feeling exactly as you did, but then he brought back to memory how there was a time when I was just sinning sooooooo much because of my addiction and would constantly cry from the guilt having no power to stop and every time I imagined his face I just saw him with fiery angry eyes and just knew I was going to hell, but instead of what I thought I saw what I received instead was kind gently eyes filled with love and compassion and instead of striking me down he instead lifted my sunken head with those loving eyes and encouraged me to keep going and spoke to my heart the words I need you to be strong for me.

Had he stuck me down in what would have been righteously done in my sin I would have crumbled and never been able to stand again, he instead built me up gave me life and made me strong.
Praise the Lord , we have tasted the Lord, and He is good...xox...

Feb 28, 2016
-brighthouse98.( 1 Cor 14:15) I had always wondered if the Lord hears prayers not spoken,but rather spoken in silence in ones own mindset? The reason to pray in this manner is that when you speak your prayers the enemy hears them as well,and as you know sometimes depending on ones words out loud we can accidently give the enemy an opportunity to look to corrupt our own words.( Eph 4:27) Matt 12:36-37)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bright,
with Jesus, a 'mindset is a mindset, whether 'out-loud or totally silent'.

in a lifetime, I would never have had such a thought,
that Jesus would not hear me no matter if I was speaking 'out-loud to Him
or If I was speaking to Him only in my heart ..............................

Last edited:

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
You remind me of this scripture oldethennew, hehe ( 1 Cor 4:6-21) Sometimes as I have done myself, I have thought more highly of myself then I ought to have thought lol ( Rom 12:3) It is upon my own self examination ( 2 Cor 13:5) that I still have need to grow,as our Friend Paul states, I at least, have not yet become perfect in thought,word, or deed.( Phil 3:12-14) Blessing!

Feb 28, 2016
you have shamed yourself before Jesus and all of His Holy angels by your ego...
you will not and can never 'fool' the 'called-children, who serve The ONLY God,
in the day or in the night'...

Last edited:

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
My ego??? LOL You bear false witness against me, and you judge me??? ( rom 2:1-5) LOL Beware!!!! People have died for doing such to others!! ( Acts 5:9!!!) In proverbs 6:16-19 Ananias and Sapphira lied as you are doing! verse 3! In this case they committed 3 out of the 7 abominations. 1. verse 17 a lying tongue, which you have done to me.2. verse 18 a heart that devises wicked plans,and 3 verse 19 a false witness who utters lies,which you are very close to doing! I was looking to have much grace to you,but since you have decided to judge me falsely on here, in front of others,now let me give you a word from the Lord. You will see oldethennew, for the Lord is just and right! Your pride will cause your own fall!

S

Susanna

Do you people find this way of communicating edifying?

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Sometimes Susanna ( Col 3:25) is in order for some,I have no hate or bitterness,but I will not allow a so called brother to bear false witness against me either. If you do not understand this, please look at what Jesus did to the money changers.( John 2:15-25)

Feb 28, 2016
we've both already fallen', bright...and now know the ways and means of this fallen-world
very well...

the enemy, never hears our prayers to our Heavenly Father, it's a very private matter...

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Sometimes Susanna ( Col 3:25) is in order for some,I have no hate or bitterness,but I will not allow a so called brother to bear false witness against me either. If you do not understand this, please look at what Jesus did to the money changers.( John 2:15-25)
That quoting of scripture is not valid, Jesus did this because they were in the house of God doing their deeds of greed you and oldthenew are arguing over who has the most pride in their words it is nowhere near the same situation and doesn't justify anything you both were in the wrong in your conduct to each other