Prayers Needed - Confused and Angry

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

lollylee

I am new here, and need some prayers. My husband walked out on me and the 3 kids back in Nov, (1 is his biologically) He contacted an attorney who told him to go back home as abandonment won't look good in a divorce. He came back 3 weeks later completely changed. He was over by his brother and sister in law who are non-believers, and patting him on the back for leaving us. When he came back, He told me he wanted a divorce, that he no longer loves me and through this all, I discovered he was reaching out to other women online, 1 was a stripper. I am disgusted. He has been extremely cruel to me emotionally while I cry everyday, trying to convince him to get back to the Word. He blames me for everything. I was not perfect in the marriage and have hit him in the face when he wouldn't help us with money. He financially controlled us and even drained our bank account earlier in the year and refused to help with the household or kids. I had a small amount of money coming in from a stay at home job I was doing, but I was paying all the bills while he did nothing but stack up his money. Still, I stood by my vows and sacrificed a lot including my career to stay with our sick son. He always disrespected me, allowed his mother and family to disrespect me, never showed much emotion, and had no interest in intimacy. I went through all the grieving processes, anger, denial, resentment, desperation (embarrassing) when he came back and am now just tired of the pain he has caused our family and me. I also discovered he has been dabbling in pills and marijuana, once spending $400 in 1 day on strong narcotic drugs. I am feeling so betrayed knowing he has been high right in front of us for who knows how long. Looking back, he always went in spurts with being so withdrawn from us. I have a zero tolerance for drugs. When I told my children, which I am unsure was the right thing to do, my daughter was devastated and started crying, he wouldn't even talk to her. She is not his biological child but was in her life for 7 years. She now won't come out of her room and avoids him at all costs, she told me he doesn't care about us and she is right. She is hurting the most and wants to move away from him. His family has blamed me for his drug use and so has he. They blamed me for my daughter being mad at him for abusing drugs, everything HE does, is all my fault to him and his non-Christian family is holding his hand, dragging him to leave us. I told the kids because he was downplaying the drug use and I just wanted him to get help. I thought the kids would have an effect on him, and he now agrees to counseling for his drug use, not because he believes he has a problem but because he says he is fighting for our child. He has allowed his mother to call me a c-u-n-t in front of my kids because I didn't want my dog to go outside, he never protected me. She even told me that if I had a child with him, he would leave us just like his Father left her. I thought it was wrong and told my husband, who didn't even say anything about it to her. I am torn with this, as I have prayed and prayed for God to get through to him, I am completely burnt out and have even asked time and time again, are you sure you want this, you have no biblical grounds for divorce, are you sure you no longer love me? he is sure and has no interest in speaking with any of us, let alone working on our marriage. I feel he abandoned the marriage and want to move out. I am emotionally drained and just want to leave, am I wrong?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
First of all, your OP is a very long wall of text that few here, including myself, will even try to read. Could you please use paragraphs to break it up next time? :)

Secondly, I see the C-word in your post. I'll ask a mod to edit that for you. Profanity is a bannable offense.

Third, hubby is a cheater, a drug addict, a manipulator, and a head-games player. If he wants to leave the marriage, let him go. You and your kids will be better off without his negativity hanging over you.. He's made it clear he wants out, because he's told you he doesn't love you and doesn't want to work on the marriage. Staying with him will only mess up your life and those of your kids. Divorce sucks but God WILL use it for something good. :)

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Hello Lollylee, and welcome to CC!
Sadly, your story is common, and that doesn't take away any of the pain from it. I'll offer several points for you to consider:

- (a minor point), it is much easier to read posts which are broken up into paragraphs of about 3-6 lines;
- find a lawyer; you will need one, and even if you don't seek divorce, it is well worth knowing what legal ground you have regarding the kids and support (I did this too late and my kids were taken so far away that visiting is difficult);
- sign up for the daily devotional from DivorceCare.org. There is much relevant wisdom and encouragement there.
- be open with God about your mistakes; ask Him to forgive and change you.
- if you don't already have a prayer partner(s), find some... start with your local church.
- if you can access YouTube readily, look up the series of counseling videos with Patrick Doyle through TheDoveTV's channel... solidly biblical and effective material.

This sounds like a clear case of abandonment, but it is not really my place to determine that. Seek the Lord and He will give you peace and guidance. Put the marriage in His hands (only He can sort it out anyway!). Trust that He loves you, and that love is not dependent on your marital status.

And... stick around here... there are many good people who are regulars on this site. :)

A

Amazing-Grace

Listen to blue_ladybug.

D

Depleted

I am new here, and need some prayers. My husband walked out on me and the 3 kids back in Nov, (1 is his biologically) He contacted an attorney who told him to go back home as abandonment won't look good in a divorce. He came back 3 weeks later completely changed. He was over by his brother and sister in law who are non-believers, and patting him on the back for leaving us. When he came back, He told me he wanted a divorce, that he no longer loves me and through this all, I discovered he was reaching out to other women online, 1 was a stripper. I am disgusted. He has been extremely cruel to me emotionally while I cry everyday, trying to convince him to get back to the Word. He blames me for everything. I was not perfect in the marriage and have hit him in the face when he wouldn't help us with money. He financially controlled us and even drained our bank account earlier in the year and refused to help with the household or kids. I had a small amount of money coming in from a stay at home job I was doing, but I was paying all the bills while he did nothing but stack up his money. Still, I stood by my vows and sacrificed a lot including my career to stay with our sick son. He always disrespected me, allowed his mother and family to disrespect me, never showed much emotion, and had no interest in intimacy. I went through all the grieving processes, anger, denial, resentment, desperation (embarrassing) when he came back and am now just tired of the pain he has caused our family and me. I also discovered he has been dabbling in pills and marijuana, once spending $400 in 1 day on strong narcotic drugs. I am feeling so betrayed knowing he has been high right in front of us for who knows how long. Looking back, he always went in spurts with being so withdrawn from us. I have a zero tolerance for drugs. When I told my children, which I am unsure was the right thing to do, my daughter was devastated and started crying, he wouldn't even talk to her. She is not his biological child but was in her life for 7 years. She now won't come out of her room and avoids him at all costs, she told me he doesn't care about us and she is right. She is hurting the most and wants to move away from him. His family has blamed me for his drug use and so has he. They blamed me for my daughter being mad at him for abusing drugs, everything HE does, is all my fault to him and his non-Christian family is holding his hand, dragging him to leave us. I told the kids because he was downplaying the drug use and I just wanted him to get help. I thought the kids would have an effect on him, and he now agrees to counseling for his drug use, not because he believes he has a problem but because he says he is fighting for our child. He has allowed his mother to call me a c-u-n-t in front of my kids because I didn't want my dog to go outside, he never protected me. She even told me that if I had a child with him, he would leave us just like his Father left her. I thought it was wrong and told my husband, who didn't even say anything about it to her. I am torn with this, as I have prayed and prayed for God to get through to him, I am completely burnt out and have even asked time and time again, are you sure you want this, you have no biblical grounds for divorce, are you sure you no longer love me? he is sure and has no interest in speaking with any of us, let alone working on our marriage. I feel he abandoned the marriage and want to move out. I am emotionally drained and just want to leave, am I wrong?
Is there anything else he could possibly do that he has yet to do to prove to you it is over? Well, yeah, he could walk out, but he already told you why he won't do that. (He wants the house.)

Do you have another choice? Each one of us carries a list that can be titled "Things I Haven't Tried Yet." Admittedly, it is a different list and often comes from different circumstances, but you have your list mentally already in your head. And when that list starts getting skimpy, we also tend to start asking others to fill it up some more to make sure we didn't miss anything. (Usually this is called advice, but when we get down to that level there really is no difference in the terms.)

What is left of your list of what can be done? Got anything left?

D

Depleted

First of all, your OP is a very long wall of text that few here, including myself, will even try to read. Could you please use paragraphs to break it up next time? :)

Secondly, I see the C-word in your post. I'll ask a mod to edit that for you. Profanity is a bannable offense.

Third, hubby is a cheater, a drug addict, a manipulator, and a head-games player. If he wants to leave the marriage, let him go. You and your kids will be better off without his negativity hanging over you.. He's made it clear he wants out, because he's told you he doesn't love you and doesn't want to work on the marriage. Staying with him will only mess up your life and those of your kids. Divorce sucks but God WILL use it for something good. :)
First, Wall-of-text is hard to read, but this was withing readability limits for me. I sensed her heart ripping apart so did read. It's worth it.

Second, thanks for notifying mods about the C word. The one and only curse word that does make me bristle. And that any woman would call another women that is absolutely horrible.

Third, aha! You did read it all.
:p (To lollylee, Ladybug and I are friends, so I'm just teasing her.)

But the one who should leave, won't, so this time it really is up to her how much the house means to her. This time, I agree with you, but I also know this is one where she has to make up her own mind. If she hasn't tried everything, she will regret that one or two thing(s) she didn't try for the rest of her life, with that stupid "What if" game we play with ourselves.

Also, to lollylee, I do know one woman who chose to stay to keep the house. I knew her since 1994. Her husband died in 2015. She was the most miserable woman I've ever known because she rotted in that environment for so many years just to keep a house. I stopped being her friend last year because she was affecting me with that same vile.

Our really big stuff may be very important to us, but At What Cost?

May 14, 2016
There is a time to take stock of your life and a time to act. You have stated that you have begged him to make the marriage work and he has refused. Now the ball is in your court. Time to seek legal advice as to what your options are are you and your children are entitled to certain provisions in life. Once you make the decision to seek legal advice, my guess is you will begin to feel better about yourself and your life in general. Separation and divorce are ugly, but you are not just making decisions for yourself, but also for your children and to continue thinking of yourself as a victim is NOT going to change the circumstances of your life. Only you can do that by seeking legal advice and then taking the time in prayer and counseling if you have a pastor that you can speak with and come up with a plan. My guess is your husband has lost all respect for not only you, but for himself as well and the minute on of the couple changes their thinking, actions and behaviours, these are what will get his attention faster than anything else will especially out of curiousity on his part. Men like women that are confident and a challenge, not begging their husbands to stay and a woman that is dependent on a man for all of her emotional needs.

Once you have come up with a plan of action for your life and the lives of your children and implement those changes is when the real miracles will begin for you. Been there done that so I know what I am speaking about and I wish you many blessings from this experience but a very difficult and painful time in your life. Life is a process and we can make the process as simple or as complicated as we choose by our own thinking and choices.

J

jake777

sound's like he don't care for you any, so divorce him and try and raise your kids , these so called Christian complained about your post without paragraph, maybe you should seek someone else advice that more considerate. I read you post and was not bothered , those that posted should of not wasted their time, they were rude to you and you have a real problem beside paragraph . shame on people from not being kind and considerate,

Last edited by a moderator:

sandtigeress

Apr 29, 2013
Protect your children fist ! We are not to hold a non believing husband.
Yes I fought for mine, but we do not have children and with children it
would have been very different.
Children come first !

Dec 20, 2014
You are going through an awful time. I will pray for you and your children. It does sound like you need to see a lawyer. You need to protect yourself and your children.

SunsSunny

Oct 24, 2016
If an unbeliever (he should be considered one from your testimony regardless of whether or not he professes Jesus) leaves, let it be so. You are not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to peace. (1 co 7:15). It is natural that his family would defend him, do not give in to the tempter to feel resentment or bitterness but let your heart find forgiveness through the grace of God.

Do not despair, but continue to pray for him as long as he is in your heart. Pray also for your children and for the divorce to go smoothly. Pray to God, pour out your heart to our Heavenly Father who is faithful to deliver us and let us shine forth as gems beneath our ashes. Do not harbor hatred or bitterness in your heart (this sounds a lot easier on paper), but let the Prince of peace reign in your heart and trust that God works all things for the good of those who love Him.

Here is a beautiful song titled Prince of Peace which has calmed me when my thoughts waged war. May the God of comfort lavish His love in your being and may His peace permeate your soul.

Please pray to our Father, and seek His comforts highly above all others.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kc0DKzPdv44

L

lollylee

If an unbeliever (he should be considered one from your testimony regardless of whether or not he professes Jesus) leaves, let it be so. You are not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to peace. (1 co 7:15). It is natural that his family would defend him, do not give in to the tempter to feel resentment or bitterness but let your heart find forgiveness through the grace of God.

Do not despair, but continue to pray for him as long as he is in your heart. Pray also for your children and for the divorce to go smoothly. Pray to God, pour out your heart to our Heavenly Father who is faithful to deliver us and let us shine forth as gems beneath our ashes. Do not harbor hatred or bitterness in your heart (this sounds a lot easier on paper), but let the Prince of peace reign in your heart and trust that God works all things for the good of those who love Him.

Here is a beautiful song titled Prince of Peace which has calmed me when my thoughts waged war. May the God of comfort lavish His love in your being and may His peace permeate your soul.

Please pray to our Father, and seek His comforts highly above all others.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kc0DKzPdv44
Thank you so much everyone, but this song was very much needed. Beautiful. I feel so much anger and resentment and as much as I know it is wrong, i keep trying to be strong and somehow this is exactly what I needed to hear. I'm glad i found this site, so very thankful for all the comments and the love. Especially with it being NYE and in a home with so much tension, it is hard to feel good and hope everyone has a wonderful New Year and thanks for taking the time to help a broken woman find some much needed peace :)

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
If he has committed adultery then than divorce is a Biblical based option for you.. If your post has been 100% accurate depiction of the events then divorce is probably the best option for you and your kids..

N

NewWine

Change the locks on the doors, block his and all his family member's numbers from your phone, facebook, twitter or whatever else y'all have, and thank God you are away from that man.

It hurts, and it should hurt. You've been abused and abuse hurts. Now let God heal you. Find new hobbies to do to get your mind off the pain. It will take a lot of prayer and time, but God will get you through this now.
Praying for you.
Peace

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Jake, none of us were rude to her. Many of us have bad eyes and it makes it extremely hard to read a long wall of text like hers without paragraphs. But since you're a newbie here, I don't expect you to know that we ask EVERYONE who posts walls of texts, to please use paragraphs to make it easier to read. Many here won't even bother to try and read her OP, but she HAS received good advice thus far. If you think asking people to use paragraphs, is being rude, then you're mistaken. Being rude would have been if someone told her "stop whining and deal with it". And NO ONE here has told her to do that. :)

sound's like he don't care for you any, so divorce him and try and raise your kids , these so called Christian complained about your post without paragraph, maybe you should seek someone else advice that more considerate. I read you post and was not bothered , those that posted should of not wasted their time, they were rude to you and you have a real problem beside paragraph . shame on people from not being kind and considerate,

D

Depleted

It must be nice to be 66 and have great eyes still. Some of us don't get great eyes even earlier in life. So, shame on you for being so rude to lollylee and everyone else!

D

Depleted

Thank you so much everyone, but this song was very much needed. Beautiful. I feel so much anger and resentment and as much as I know it is wrong, i keep trying to be strong and somehow this is exactly what I needed to hear. I'm glad i found this site, so very thankful for all the comments and the love. Especially with it being NYE and in a home with so much tension, it is hard to feel good and hope everyone has a wonderful New Year and thanks for taking the time to help a broken woman find some much needed peace :)
You're alive and not insane, therefore you are strong. Don't let anyone make you think otherwise.

And it will get worse. (When you leave it still gets worse, because you're discombobulated, carrying emotional guilt, feeling defeated, trying to create a new life, and yet still have to be strong for your kids. It's still going to be an emotional roller coaster. Just warning you.) Please remember you're never alone and you don't have to have all the strength from yourself. That's when God holds us up the most -- when we are depleted.

D

Depleted

Change the locks on the doors, block his and all his family member's numbers from your phone, facebook, twitter or whatever else y'all have, and thank God you are away from that man.

It hurts, and it should hurt. You've been abused and abuse hurts. Now let God heal you. Find new hobbies to do to get your mind off the pain. It will take a lot of prayer and time, but God will get you through this now.
Praying for you.
Peace
I did consider suggesting she change the locks, but he won't move out. And since he lives there, any locksmith would change them again for him, if he but ask. Costly for her, particularly if he doesn't give her a new key.

Y

yaright

Lady Blue, at first I was tempted to say this isn't about you; but after prayer I was shown a greater purpose in separating thought one from the other.
When a person writes (a wailing wall) a long string of sentences there is a loss of connection, and this makes understanding nearly impossible.

But when these thoughts are separated, understanding becomes possible and more evident. Thank you for helping me see this. I use a saying, "As you speak don't you also learn?"