Praying for Satan. Can we? Should we?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 2, 2021
‘Yes we do view it differently. Does this mean that nobody can get the “true” view from the Bible? I tend to think so.
In regards to those verses, those are only two, while Jesus constantly preached a message of love, forgiving and peace.
Also even those two verses dont seem as hostile and violent like David asking for death of his enemies. Those two verses say “I could do that, but I won’t‘’.
Jesus is referred to as the Prince of peace (Is 9:6) Yet Jesus did say, I have not come to bring peace but sword to divide. (Matt 10:34) Yet love your enemies (Matt 5:44), with a sword??? Then rebukes Peter and tells him to put his sword away after defending Him from the Roman soldiers who were there to divide Jesus and His friend.
Then Jesus said to them, "This very night you will all fall away on account of Me. For it is written: 'I (My Father, GOD) will strike the Shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.'
Jesus said, If you have seen Me you have seen My Father. So it stands to reason that like Father like Son, like Son like Father. His Father once said,
Awake, O sword, against My Shepherd, against the man who is My Companion, declares the LORD of Hosts. Strike the Shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered, and I will turn My hand against the little ones. Zech 13:7
For the record, I am more than ok with God and His Son Jesus saying things contrary to Themselves and Each other. Where once I felt I needed to defend the notion that God could never change His mind or say one thing and do another. Nor do I believe Jesus is a Pharisee,
2 “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 So you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4 They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them. (Matt 23:2-4)
Yet to finish on a positive note Jesus did say “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." Even though He Himself wasn't nor declared Himself to be a peacemaker (Matt 10:34).

May 2, 2021
Spoken like a true witch or a tare among the wheat.
Always perverting the truth and the word of God.
To pray for the devil is to help the monster and his work against both God and man.
Wasn't it great to see our Lord's mercy and grace reach out to a woman that was caught in adultery and brought before Him to pass judgement on her actions, her evil, sinful, wicked acts worthy of immediate and absolute condemnation. When Jesus responded with, “He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.” And then He said to this wicked, evil, sinning prostitute, “Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Now go and sin no more.” My prayer is that Satan will repent and go sin no more in the future and that God's mercy and grace would extend even to this wicked, evil, lying, deceiving, malicious big devil for God's glory and pleasure.
Just an encouragement to you know1, As Jesus said to His angels, The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.” Better leave that til the appointed time to judge who are wheat and tares. After all not even the angels from their vantage point could differentiate their difference and be guaranteed in getting it right. I'm glad our Father in heaven is the only One Who will judge correctly and be justified in His judgements AND in the dispensing of His MERCY and GRACE.

May 2, 2021
Pardon me for interrupting but:

The OT is without grace as we have come to know and experience it. Sacrifice was the order of the day if you were an Israelite. In the NT, Jesus is the final sacrifice for us and no more are needed. The sacrifices of the OT point to Jesus.

You don't think there is any violence in the NT? I would suggest the opposite. Think of all the babies killed when Herod discovered prophecy concerning the Messiah had possibly come true. Think of Paul's persecution of believers before he became one. Think of what life under Roman law was like, as it was for occupied Israel. There are other examples; Revelation being the main one of course.

Jesus also said '34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. Matthew 10

This world is a very violent place. Since the fall, that has pretty much been the state of things.
Yes God went out of His way to design ways to dispense His wrath on the inhabitants of the earth and revealed this information through His servant John. (Rev. 16) Then I heard a loud voice from the temple saying to the seven angels, “Go, pour out the seven bowls of God’s wrath on the earth.” (vs1). They are pretty full on! But then He has so much to reveal of His loving kindness after this. Now there's something to get excited about. Especially the unveiling of the home Jesus promised to go prepare for us where we will live with Him and our Father and our rewards that Jesus has to dispense to us. “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

P

Polar

Yes God went out of His way to design ways to dispense His wrath on the inhabitants of the earth and revealed this information through His servant John. (Rev. 16) Then I heard a loud voice from the temple saying to the seven angels, “Go, pour out the seven bowls of God’s wrath on the earth.” (vs1). They are pretty full on! But then He has so much to reveal of His loving kindness after this. Now there's something to get excited about. Especially the unveiling of the home Jesus promised to go prepare for us where we will live with Him and our Father and our rewards that Jesus has to dispense to us. “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
Well the op reached the logical conclusion to their fantasy. :unsure: