Praying for the broken hearted

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

bbarger98

Mar 7, 2019
So, I grew up in a church, but it was not until I had finally admitted I suffered from depression that I found my faith again. Well, I have noticed, God gives me dreams/feelings about certain situations. I have a guy friend, I could probably like him as more, easily, but he is currently where I was not long ago, and I find that it is easier for me to love him as a friend, than try to be with him until he finds his knees again, and gets himself mentally healthy. Or maybe God just wants us to be good friends, and that's okay too, or maybe he will eventually be my forever when God prepares him for me, I honestly do not know. But, I have found myself praying for him wholeheartedly, and I keep getting the feeling to take him to church. For some reason, next Sunday. I'm not one who likes to question, but what if I can't get him to go? Am I failing? Would God put something like that on my heart if I couldn't get him to go?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I think praying wholeheartedly is so wonderful. Why not just ask and then just leave it up to him and God. God Bless you for planting seeds. I will pray for you and for him.

AxeElf

Mar 5, 2019
If God intends to use you to bring this guy to church, then you can't fail. If he doesn't want to go, then it wasn't God's purpose at this time.

Just be careful not to push your advice on him; "It would be good for you to go to church." What works better is something like, "Going to church really helped me to deal with my depression better; you could join me if you like." Then you're just telling him what worked for you and letting him give it a try if he wants, rather than trying to force your advice upon him.

Sep 13, 2018
So, I grew up in a church, but it was not until I had finally admitted I suffered from depression that I found my faith again. Well, I have noticed, God gives me dreams/feelings about certain situations. I have a guy friend, I could probably like him as more, easily, but he is currently where I was not long ago, and I find that it is easier for me to love him as a friend, than try to be with him until he finds his knees again, and gets himself mentally healthy. Or maybe God just wants us to be good friends, and that's okay too, or maybe he will eventually be my forever when God prepares him for me, I honestly do not know. But, I have found myself praying for him wholeheartedly, and I keep getting the feeling to take him to church. For some reason, next Sunday. I'm not one who likes to question, but what if I can't get him to go? Am I failing? Would God put something like that on my heart if I couldn't get him to go?

At the very least you will have planted "the seed"...

Sep 22, 2018
Dear bbarger, I believe that love can achieve anything. So, close your eyes, make yourself aware that there is a human being who needs love and attention. Make yourself aware that it will make you happy to help him. Be HONEST About it. Then, with this spirit, hold his hands, look into his eyes, smile, explain to him that you honestly want to help him. Tell him that you would be so happy to show him the church and be with him in a church service. Believe me, he cannot say no, because he will be so happy about the joy in your heart!

I will pray for you. Can I do anything else to help you? I would be happy to receive a reply from you. May the blessing of almighty God, the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit, come down on you and remain with you for ever.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
May God Bless your heart and your good hearted intentions... When I find myself thinking in this way - I try to remind myself of the serenity prayer in order to acknowledge that you can only control the things within your control. Your impulse is right - to be patient, and to be content to be there for him - as a caring friend - during his time of need.
God Bless

The Serenity Prayer:
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next. Amen.