Praying in dreams - my dreams read them translate them

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Prognostic

Jan 5, 2018
Have you ever been dreaming and prayed in your dream for some reason?

I've done this several times in my life and each time it's worked.

Let me tell you about my most recent dream.

For some reason, I seem to have dreams that take place around the area I grew up in as a youth.

There was this big church with big long grassy lawns around it that become abandoned we used to go into and mess around in.

I had this dream we was in a house adjacent to that church and there was some kind of party going on or something.

However it was a kind of old house and had a dank dark presence about it.

All I remember is trying to get back out of that house but the door didn't want to open as hard as I pulled it.

I started to get the door open but something was pushing it back shut on me again some kind of force.

The strange thing is I can remember kind of feeling this force that was pushing it you know?

It's weird how you only feel some things in a dream and not the rest. For example, I once had this scary dream more of a nightmare really that I was in competition with a demon at a car customization garage and he grabbed hold of my arm which startled me and woke me up but I tell you I can remember the real feeling on my arm like something strong grabbed me and that's just really weird haha well it is but yeah.

So anyway, and so eventually I got out of the house and was walking up the road with some old friends and suddenly up ahead, there was this huge dust and electrical storm coming and we had to run backwards to stop getting so covered with dust that we couldn't breath. The dust was coming in so thick that it was covering the ground with about 6 foot of it.

On top of this, there were these strange vicious monsters coming out of the electrical dust storm that I can't really put into words but to give you an idea they sort of looked like that strange monster from the Hell Boy movie if you've seen people. And were just running around killing anyone that hadn't already been keeled by the dust storm.

Now I never lived too far away and my natural reaction is just to get home as quick as I can. Eventually though the dust started to get real high and it was hard to move and we had to take shelter in an alleyway that was the same alleyway for the the same house I was telling you about!

I say we but I can't remember fully who I was with I know I was with say about 5 people I think maybe more but definitely I and another person went into the alley to get out of the dust storm and hopefully escape being found by these monster killer things.

Now I know you're probably thinking that sounds weird enough but being a dream it can always get weirder than anything you can ever imagine. Well I ended up stuck down this alleyway as both doors were locked at the end of it and my worst fear came true when one of the monsters started walking into the alley.

However, for some reason, whoever I went in there with anyway had ended up dying or perhaps was switched for someone already dead. And here's the thing, I done this thing which was either really cowardly or really clever? I ended up picking up their body and holding it in front of me and hiding behind it in the hopes that the monster would think it was already dead and move on.

At the same time I'm doing this though, I'm also praying to God live and direct! I'm sitting there praying the Lord's prayer. Praying dear Father in Heaven please save me in Jesus name Amen. And after a few seconds of praying, while this monster is standing over me, he kind of snarfs and then makes a sharp turn and leaves much to my relief!

And here's the thing. In the dream, I guess you could say I had my prayer answered. I think I eventually survived. And this really got me thinking and has been on my mind for a while in so much as what is this saying to me you know? How much attention am I to pay to the meaning of this dream? Is this just some subconscious thing or is it for an actual reason?

And another thing, who was the person I was with? Why didn't I pray for them also? Why was they dead and why couldn't we both survive? Surely it would have been a better ending and a better dream. But I guess that's just the way dreams work right something we have absolutely ZERO control over?

So yeah, that's my dream, I just wanted to put it out there!

Have you ever had a dream like this?

Have you ever had some kind of supernatural thing happen in a dream?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
That is a lot of detail :D Do you keep a dream journal? Or do you remember because the dream was so profound in a way? I cannot say I have ever had a dream quite like that ;) With dust storms and monsters and dead bodies in alley ways :eek: Though I have dreamed of God, and had things shown to me in dreams that were revelatory. Some suggest looking at people in your dream as some aspect of yourself. Obviously this would not work for all dreams, and yet you may glean some insight by changing your perspective slightly. For some reason right now the Doxology is playing in my mind. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow! Blessings to you, also :)

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Have you ever been dreaming and prayed in your dream for some reason?

I've done this several times in my life and each time it's worked.

Let me tell you about my most recent dream.

For some reason, I seem to have dreams that take place around the area I grew up in as a youth.

There was this big church with big long grassy lawns around it that become abandoned we used to go into and mess around in.

I had this dream we was in a house adjacent to that church and there was some kind of party going on or something.

However it was a kind of old house and had a dank dark presence about it.

All I remember is trying to get back out of that house but the door didn't want to open as hard as I pulled it.

I started to get the door open but something was pushing it back shut on me again some kind of force.

The strange thing is I can remember kind of feeling this force that was pushing it you know?

It's weird how you only feel some things in a dream and not the rest. For example, I once had this scary dream more of a nightmare really that I was in competition with a demon at a car customization garage and he grabbed hold of my arm which startled me and woke me up but I tell you I can remember the real feeling on my arm like something strong grabbed me and that's just really weird haha well it is but yeah.

So anyway, and so eventually I got out of the house and was walking up the road with some old friends and suddenly up ahead, there was this huge dust and electrical storm coming and we had to run backwards to stop getting so covered with dust that we couldn't breath. The dust was coming in so thick that it was covering the ground with about 6 foot of it.

On top of this, there were these strange vicious monsters coming out of the electrical dust storm that I can't really put into words but to give you an idea they sort of looked like that strange monster from the Hell Boy movie if you've seen people. And were just running around killing anyone that hadn't already been keeled by the dust storm.

Now I never lived too far away and my natural reaction is just to get home as quick as I can. Eventually though the dust started to get real high and it was hard to move and we had to take shelter in an alleyway that was the same alleyway for the the same house I was telling you about!

I say we but I can't remember fully who I was with I know I was with say about 5 people I think maybe more but definitely I and another person went into the alley to get out of the dust storm and hopefully escape being found by these monster killer things.

Now I know you're probably thinking that sounds weird enough but being a dream it can always get weirder than anything you can ever imagine. Well I ended up stuck down this alleyway as both doors were locked at the end of it and my worst fear came true when one of the monsters started walking into the alley.

However, for some reason, whoever I went in there with anyway had ended up dying or perhaps was switched for someone already dead. And here's the thing, I done this thing which was either really cowardly or really clever? I ended up picking up their body and holding it in front of me and hiding behind it in the hopes that the monster would think it was already dead and move on.

At the same time I'm doing this though, I'm also praying to God live and direct! I'm sitting there praying the Lord's prayer. Praying dear Father in Heaven please save me in Jesus name Amen. And after a few seconds of praying, while this monster is standing over me, he kind of snarfs and then makes a sharp turn and leaves much to my relief!

And here's the thing. In the dream, I guess you could say I had my prayer answered. I think I eventually survived. And this really got me thinking and has been on my mind for a while in so much as what is this saying to me you know? How much attention am I to pay to the meaning of this dream? Is this just some subconscious thing or is it for an actual reason?

And another thing, who was the person I was with? Why didn't I pray for them also? Why was they dead and why couldn't we both survive? Surely it would have been a better ending and a better dream. But I guess that's just the way dreams work right something we have absolutely ZERO control over?

So yeah, that's my dream, I just wanted to put it out there!

Have you ever had a dream like this?

Have you ever had some kind of supernatural thing happen in a dream?
This is what I get from your dream. The church represents you when you we’re close to the Lotd. The adandoned house represents your walk with Jesus . The dust storm is probably a battle we all face In this world . The alley and stuff is when we join the world or trust in man. We need our relationship hot with the Lord because we can’t fight these battles .He needs to.

G

Godsgirl83

I have had dreams in my life where I am praying (sometimes similarly to what you described). And what I have learned over the years is that when I do that, in my sleep, I'm usually not calling out to the Lord like I should be during my waking hours.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
I've had a dream (several times, at different points in my adult life) where I'm back at the home I grew up in. We had 3 cats when I was growing up. One was an obese calico named Fred.
In this dream Fred walks into the kitchen and just looks at me. I suddenly realize she supposed to be dead (she died about 20 years ago) and in that moment I KNOW she's an evil spirit.
So I pray for Jesus to "cast out the spirit" and...Fred disappears.