Praying in Sleep

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 9, 2014
So, I really didn't know where to post this.... Anyhow I would like to state this was the first time anything like this happen to me. I came home yesterday from working about two o'clock, fell asleep around 5pm. Later on, woke up at 8:30-Closer to 9pm. Then ended up staying up until one or two o'clock in the morning. Finally, I feel asleep, but woke up sparling(s/p) about 315ish I woke up praying "Lord, Hold Me up, In Christ Jesus, Amen!" I kept repeating this. Has any had this happen to them?

7seasrekeyed

yes

I have prayed in my sleep a number of times or found myself praying as I was falling asleep

it's really pretty interesting IMO and illustrates the Holy Spirit in the believer

L

loverofjesus27

ME too! I thought God if i won’t talk while i’m awake might as well be in my sleep.

A

AuntieAnt

Do you remember the dream you were having, Milothethird?

Jul 9, 2014
No I just remember not getting to point where I was having a dream. I just kept waking up since I usually have to be up by 5amish somewhere around that time frame. But I just remember those words coming from mouth, and I said I guess it is time to wake up.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Well I can't say I have woken praying persay but I have woken uttering things. normally I cannot remember what I was dreaming but sometimes I can and understand why I woke up saying what i say. For instance one time I was dreaming that the devil was holding me down and whispering in my ear how weak I am and how I won't make it and how I am nothing and in the dream my strength and life was being sapped to the point where it appeared as a very small ember of a flame but even then I had faith in God and I refused to give in to his words and suddenly I jolted up in my bed with a fire in my soul yelling I refuse to give up.

other times I don't remember anything from night and wake up saying things that don't make sense until later