Praying in Tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CS1

May 23, 2012
The tragic truth......the only church in the N.T. that had an issue with the gifts and like today BOASTED of the ability to speak tongues, was the spiritually immature Corinthian assembly that had some 15 errors.........and it took over three chapters to correct their error.........many of the same errors are found within churches today that make a big deal of speaking in tongues and I am not saying this based upon bias and or a lack of info as I have many family and friends that attend these types of churches. Paul was clear and so is the verbiage found in the Corinthian letter.....if ONE is going to covet a GIFT Paul said to covet the BEST gift and tongues was not it........

I fully expect those that push tongues to argue against the truth..........

Fail, cease and vanish away are clear, so is the word perfect as applied to a 1st Century Greek speaking believer.

Super natural knowledge is no longer needed due to the completed bible
Prophecy is no longer needed due to the completed bible and the last BOOK of Prophecy
And tongues has devolved into some mumbo jumbo that does nothing for the hearer......

When one can stand and speak fluent Mandarin with zero training in an open assembly with another to translate for the sake of a Chinese visitor that does not speak ENGLISH then the true meaning of tongues as applied in the 1st Century will be evident.

Why is it so hard for the truth to be accepted.
I can take one word from the bible and make Jesus come back tomorrow. That is not how you read the Bible guy. Just say you trust human reasoning , and secular humanism and a scientific explanation to grope your human intellect before you accept the working of the Holy Spirit. FYI Systematic theology is a science. The Hermeneutics applied helps one to understand IF they are saved. authorial intent circle of contextual meaning to achieve application

CS1

May 23, 2012
What? Now that's speaking in something! But what...I do not know.
it's called 8th grade Biblical teaching 101 would you like to lower it for you ?

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
The tragic truth......the only church in the N.T. that had an issue with the gifts and like today BOASTED of the ability to speak tongues, was the spiritually immature Corinthian assembly that had some 15 errors.........and it took over three chapters to correct their error.........many of the same errors are found within churches today that make a big deal of speaking in tongues and I am not saying this based upon bias and or a lack of info as I have many family and friends that attend these types of churches. Paul was clear and so is the verbiage found in the Corinthian letter.....if ONE is going to covet a GIFT Paul said to covet the BEST gift and tongues was not it........

I fully expect those that push tongues to argue against the truth..........

Fail, cease and vanish away are clear, so is the word perfect as applied to a 1st Century Greek speaking believer.

Super natural knowledge is no longer needed due to the completed bible
Prophecy is no longer needed due to the completed bible and the last BOOK of Prophecy
And tongues has devolved into some mumbo jumbo that does nothing for the hearer......

When one can stand and speak fluent Mandarin with zero training in an open assembly with another to translate for the sake of a Chinese visitor that does not speak ENGLISH then the true meaning of tongues as applied in the 1st Century will be evident.

Why is it so hard for the truth to be accepted.
That's my question too Dcon.....why is it so hard for the truth to be accepted?

First of all....it was divisions and fornication that Paul reprimanded the Corinthian church about. Sexual immorality. He teaches about order then with the gifts.

You and "we all" have to take into consideration that the gifts were new to mankind. So instruction concerning the use and order of services were needed. No where did Paul reprimand them....that I've found anyway. So if you have....please share it. And another thought....all the churches moved in the gifts. Not just the Corinthians.

What you are intimating is that only the charismatics and Pentecostals have trouble with division and fornication. Really Dcon?

You know that's not true.

Dec 12, 2013
I can take one word from the bible and make Jesus come back tomorrow. That is not how you read the Bible guy. Just say you trust human reasoning , and secular humanism and a scientific explanation to grope your human intellect before you accept the working of the Holy Spirit. FYI Systematic theology is a science. The Hermeneutics applied helps one to understand IF they are saved. authorial intent circle of contextual meaning to achieve application
You do not know what you are talking about pal....to use your own words.......and by all means get your facts straight about me before you mouth me erroneously.....

32 years of study
4 years of seminary <--through the bible 8 times in 4 years
Teaching, preaching and doing revivals in 27 different churches over the last 23 years
40 to 60 hours of study a week
A 212 page book on the second coming, published and books in 18 states and three countries
Been on radio, internet, t.v. and have witnessed to millions......

Before you ever accuse someone MODERATOR, I suggest you have the facts..........and if you would take more than 2 seconds to LOOK at what I said instead of just MOUTHING because you see someone attacking "TONGUES" you might see I was ADDRESSING the MUMBO JUMBO passed off as tongues.......

CS1

May 23, 2012
Parrot. You need to complete spelling and punctuation and grammar 10 for yourself.
Just checking to see, if I needed to lower it for you. Glad you can keep up.

Dec 12, 2013
That's my question too Dcon.....why is it so hard for the truth to be accepted?

First of all....it was divisions and fornication that Paul reprimanded the Corinthian church about. Sexual immorality. He teaches about order then with the gifts.

You and "we all" have to take into consideration that the gifts were new to mankind. So instruction concerning the use and order of services were needed. No where did Paul reprimand them....that I've found anyway. So if you have....please share it. And another thought....all the churches moved in the gifts. Not just the Corinthians.

What you are intimating is that only the charismatics and Pentecostals have trouble with division and fornication. Really Dcon?

You know that's not true.
That I not what I said and you know better.....my focus is on the MUMBO JUMBO passed off as tongues and the fleshly garbage passed off as spiritual such as my cited case concerning Benny Hinn

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013

Ignorun

Dec 18, 2018
A science. So now you are a scientist! That explains everything.

CS1

May 23, 2012
You do not know what you are talking about pal....to use your own words.......and by all means get your facts straight about me before you mouth me erroneously.....

32 years of study
4 years of seminary <--through the bible 8 times in 4 years
Teaching, preaching and doing revivals in 27 different churches over the last 23 years
40 to 60 hours of study a week
A 212 page book on the second coming, published and books in 18 states and three countries
Been on radio, internet, t.v. and have witnessed to millions......

Before you ever accuse someone MODERATOR, I suggest you have the facts..........and if you would take more than 2 seconds to LOOK at what I said instead of just MOUTHING because you see someone attacking "TONGUES" you might see I was ADDRESSING the MUMBO JUMBO passed off as tongues.......
I do not believe you went to a four years seminary. I say you are untruthful. You have been through 27 church because they most likely kicked you out or asked you to leave. No one “doing” revivals LOL. You who denies the gifts of the Holy Spirit NOW tell us you bring revival. Your “ I love me wall” is impressive. You most likely are just a YouTube person.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
That I not what I said and you know better.....my focus is on the MUMBO JUMBO passed off as tongues and the fleshly garbage passed off as spiritual such as my cited case concerning Benny Hinn
The tragic truth......the only church in the N.T. that had an issue with the gifts and like today BOASTED of the ability to speak tongues, was the spiritually immature Corinthian assembly

I asked you what was the issue of tongues that Paul had in the Corinthian church . There was no boasting. Paul instructs them on the order of the services.

How can one know whether there is real language being spoken or just mumbo jumbo?

I've heard many foreigners speaking together in groups and it sure sounds like mumbo jumbo. Especially Asians.

CS1

May 23, 2012
hey write a letter to benny Hinn, FYI I don't follow him lol.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
without reading what you wrote regarding the meaningless babble phraseology, I just wrote that I believe folks might have to answer for that

it's really not a good place to be in IMO
Yep Don't want to be there either.

Dec 12, 2013
I do not believe you went to a four years seminary. I say you are untruthful. You have been through 27 church because they most likely kicked you out or asked you to leave. No one “doing” revivals LOL. You who denies the gifts of the Holy Spirit NOW tell us you bring revival. Your “ I love me wall” is impressive. You most likely are just a YouTube person.
Now you are openly calling me a liar......we will see what Robo has to say about that.......and I did not say I pastored those churches.....get your facts straight.

CS1

May 23, 2012
when you go to RoBOp please show him your post in # 80,109,554,569,580, and 587 .

CS1

May 23, 2012
Yeah it was nuts.....people running across the stage to be bowled over by a jacket swing.....97% of it is nothing but flesh........the funny thing...Jesus sat the people down and in decent order taught the word of God, he did not back flip down the isle uttering some mumbo jumbo.....I worked with one once that sat at a break table and said, " We got so besides ourselves yesterday that we forgot to preach the word." I said, " Well, you did not worship God then." He got all puffed up as they all do and proceeded to mouth and I said listen pal....The worship of God is in spirit and IN TRUTH....If you did not PREACH the word you did not worship God........

The order of service, how the Lord did it, what Paul commanded pastors in Timothy and Titus is clear.........regardless of what anyone states.....!
I don't know where you went to I surely would not attend such foolishness. But I agree with everthing you said here.

Dec 12, 2013
when you go to RoBOp please show him your post in # 80,109,554,569,580, and 587 .
Oh I did......I copied verbatim what I said and your mouthy accusatory false replies......

Dec 12, 2013
I don't know where you went to I surely would not attend such foolishness. But I agree with everthing you said here.
I want to stress the fact that what I have attacked --->the mumbo jumbo passed off as tongues and the fleshly garbage like the Benny Hinn incident..........and too be honest.......You guys take our views as personal attacks which they are not.....there was a time and place for the use of languages.......most of what one sees today I do not agree with.........and for the record....I do not just shoot from the hip on what I embrace as truth......anyway......

we can agree to disagree

Dec 12, 2013
And that is what I disagree with and stand against.......the foolishness that you agree is foolishness..........