Praying in Tongues

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
yet the earth is filled with lying spirits who are allowed to proceed because God has sent a strong delusion upon those who say they have the truth but they do not

so God allows them to continue in their self righteousness

however, only the righteousness of God Himself saves

I tell you what there Roger. Reverence is me worshipping God in the privacy of my own home and wondering what I did to enjoy His precious presence as much as sometimes happens...as it did yesterday morning...my heart filled with thankfulness and knowing even that comes from Him

you talk an awful lot but in your heart you have already said and in this forum you have already said that those who speak in tongues do so by the power of the devil

I am no prophet, but I can assure you that you have already basically condemned yourself right there

but God still reaches out to you and allows a peanut like me to tell you that you do not know the presence or the power of God

what you call reverence, He calls Ichabod

now I am putting you back on ignore because as Jesus said, if the people did not praise Him the rocks would cry out

I am a rock...a little pebble...and you are whitewashed
Judge not another because as you judge others you will be so judged. I know Whom I have believed in and am persuaded that He is able to keep me until the day of redemption. I hope you know the same.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

7seasrekeyed

we have had members here referring to the gift of tongues as dribble, babble, demonic, stupid etc and mocking as best they can in their unenlightened state

but say one word about that and all of a sudden you are attacking 'them'

I do not see how anything could more clearly illustrate what spirit is using them

people, gather up your skirts and hold your stones close to your chest cause you might need 'em since you don't know how to pray when the enemy attacks and you have not yet seen what you will need to defend against

7seasrekeyed

I agree, if god wants to use people to speak in to gues he has every right and all power to do it, to claim gid never does so is just not true
respectfully, it does not matter if you agree with me in this case

agree with scripture and you will get it right

this thread started out about praying in tongues and I guess the op wanted to discuss the benefits of that

however, the usual brood of vipers took it over and turned it into a mockery and derision party

the boldness of the aggression and lies is something to see

I won't say what I see in my mind regarding this because mockery is straight from the father of all lies, but even if I did not believe?

I would stop attacking. attacking like this is not of God so that action alone should stop.

seems people want blood as much as they ever did. and sins are not passed along but are still on their own heads as requested

CS1

May 23, 2012
There you go again attacking. Should i report you? From what I have seen you have done this quite a few times today?

Your on an open forum, you should expect people to question what you say or at the least discuss if they disagree, not only for our sake but-for the sake of others who may see what is being said

If you do not want to answer, don’t, it will be there for people to see and at the least they will wonder why.

But if you think attacking me by name calling will get you anywhere, it wont.
please do, it is your right. yes, I do expect question as I do trolls, atheist, contentious posts and unlearned who suffer from narcissism. No one here is wondering one bit why I would not answer you, trust me you are not that important. As I have said before you can disagree with me it's ok you have the right to be wrong.

CS1

May 23, 2012
we have had members here referring to the gift of tongues as dribble, babble, demonic, stupid etc and mocking as best they can in their unenlightened state

but say one word about that and all of a sudden you are attacking 'them'

I do not see how anything could more clearly illustrate what spirit is using them

people, gather up your skirts and hold your stones close to your chest cause you might need 'em since you don't know how to pray when the enemy attacks and you have not yet seen what you will need to defend against
yep i agree

Dec 12, 2013
So me speaking to God in some tongue i can not understand and thus not knowing what was even prayed, will edify me more than me speaking to god in my own tongue and seeing Gods answer my prayer?
God understands my English just fine........and answers my prayers just fine.................

E

eternally-gratefull

respectfully, it does not matter if you agree with me in this case

agree with scripture and you will get it right

this thread started out about praying in tongues and I guess the op wanted to discuss the benefits of that

however, the usual brood of vipers took it over and turned it into a mockery and derision party

the boldness of the aggression and lies is something to see

I won't say what I see in my mind regarding this because mockery is straight from the father of all lies, but even if I did not believe?

I would stop attacking. attacking like this is not of God so that action alone should stop.

seems people want blood as much as they ever did. and sins are not passed along but are still on their own heads as requested
Like with all non salvic issues, it should not get this heated, sadly i think some people can not handle others disagreeing with them, and this goes for both sides. It is sad the person who opened this thread had to witness this.

E

eternally-gratefull

please do, it is your right. yes, I do expect question as I do trolls, atheist, contentious posts and unlearned who suffer from narcissism. No one here is wondering one bit why I would not answer you, trust me you are not that important. As I have said before you can disagree with me it's ok you have the right to be wrong.
I just asked a question

Instead of continuing to banter, you could just answer,

I never said i was all that, or i was important, i just saw someone make a claim, and i wanted him to show how h could get that claim by what was written, thats how discussions happen.

Dec 12, 2013
Amen,

But which is more edifying?
You already know I do not buy what is being sold.....it had a purpose and that purpose is past......God looks on the heart and the sincerity of what is being stated....not what language it is being spoken in...........

CS1

May 23, 2012
I just asked a question

Instead of continuing to banter, you could just answer,

I never said i was all that, or i was important, i just saw someone make a claim, and i wanted him to show how h could get that claim by what was written, thats how discussions happen.
I know you suffer from an issue cognitively, I said I don't know, are you on meds?

S

SpoonJuly

and I do not care what you find troubling.
And you are the person who has power to ban who you choose.
What do I have to call you to get banned?
Does the owner of this site know what you are doing.
Maybe he supports such foolishness too.
Maybe I should just leave this site to you and your foolish supporters.

Dec 12, 2013
And you are the person who has power to ban who you choose.
What do I have to call you to get banned?
Does the owner of this site know what you are doing.
Maybe he supports such foolishness too.
Maybe I should just leave this site to you and your foolish supporters.
There is a report button at the bottom of the post..........

S

SpoonJuly

There is a report button at the bottom of the post..........
I have been to several debates over the years.
Each had a neutral moderator--never took sides.
If this site is going to allow a moderator to not only take sides but make derogatory remarks to those who disagree with him, I think I will just leave.

Dec 12, 2013
I have been to several debates over the years.
Each had a neutral moderator--never took sides.
If this site is going to allow a moderator to not only take sides but make derogatory remarks to those who disagree with him, I think I will just leave.
Send me an IM bro so I can chat with you