Praying to be healed

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

LadyShirley

Jul 11, 2014
hi bros and sis!

recently i have rejoined this online community in the hope of building up that mutual support, as desired by Jesus Christ.

so in short, my parents have, finally, got divorced. it is REALLY a long story but the main point is our family have endured a roughly 11 year financial instability and verbal violence. ever since i was in junior high, the biggest driving force for my doing well academically is because i want to be financially independent, LEAVE and start a new page with mom. well, it's not like dad has ever physically harm me n mum, but it's not unlikely to happen when sb loses control of tempers and uses all kinds of harmful words to deny our relationship.
it may seem shocking to you but i am actually the one who encourage my mum to get divorced.
but guess what? now i feel contradicted. yes i once felt relieved when mum n i moved out. but i realize i still need to be healed.
and i still wonder, what does He want to do with my life?
:) thanks for reading such a long thread btw

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
"Okay God, I have this life... now what am I supposed to DO with it?" is a question often answered by many people. You will also get many answers depending on who you ask and sometimes what time of day you ask them. And since users on a forum can be anonymous, you will probably get an even wider range of answers. :rolleyes:

Divorce sucks. That's all there is to it. My mother had an affair, then left my father, all because she "wanted to be free." My dad is a good man, but mom just had to leave. She got her freedom, and it sucked rotten eggs, and it broke up our happy home. So yeah, I know what divorce is like. I can't give you any answers there either, but I sympathize.

The best thing I can think of for you to do with your life is learn from the mistakes of your predecessors, find out which ways work and pursue them. Ask some cheerful elderly people what they did with their lives. Apparently they got through life without being turned into old grumps, so they must know SOMETHING that works. Only ask grumpy elderly people for advice when you want to figure out what to avoid.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
One question: How did you remember your user name and password from almost four years ago? Even if you wrote it down, how would you find that scrap of paper after that much time?

LadyShirley

Jul 11, 2014
oh i simply used the 'forget password' function of this website by entering the registered email ))