Pre Marital Sex dilemma (yikes)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

lulu127

Jan 17, 2019
Hi! I'm 14 and I don't quiet understand what the bible says about pre marital sex if someone could explain what I should do to live my most holy life. Please don't be a cree

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Hi! I'm 14 and I don't quiet understand what the bible says about pre marital sex if someone could explain what I should do to live my most holy life. Please don't be a cree
It's pretty simple. Don't do it.
Sex was created for marriage. In the correct context it's a wonderful expression of love and closeness.
Outside of its intent it leads to STDs, unwanted pregnancy, abortion, jealousy, broken hearts and more.
Even from a non-spiritual point of view it's easy to see the casual attitude towards sex has lead to so many problems and has the potential for bad endings.

bobinfaith

Jan 10, 2019
Daly City, CA
www.livingstoneministries.com
Hello Lulu;

Please wait. God blessed your parents when you were born and now that you're 14 they want to watch you experience your joy when you attend high school, get involved with youth group, have fun at events with your friends, get your drivers license, plan for college and meet other students from other states or countries, just to name a few of the many abundant blessings you will receive.

At 14, there is so much time ahead of you before you find the right man in the future and have children. It will truly be worth the wait in God's time.

My nieces were 7 and 12 when the family came to live with my wife and me. I watched them grow and today at 20 and 23, both are driving, one goes to UCLA and the other goes to Berkeley.

They have not done anything before marriage and want to wait until they're ready. They are enjoying life at a young age.

God bless you, Lulu, and your family.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Actually you are only 13 years old. You won't be 14 for another 5 months, according to the birth date on your profile. It also says you got saved in 2005, so I must tell you that getting saved at birth is impossible. Babies don't have the cognitive ability to know Jesus or accept Him as their Savior.

Maybe you should focus more on getting truly saved, and stop worrying about pre-marital sex. You're too young for sex anyway, and all the bad stuff that unprotected sex brings with it..

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hi! I'm 14 and I don't quiet understand what the bible says about pre marital sex if someone could explain what I should do to live my most holy life.
Hi Lulu, perhaps the most regularly asked question of pastors around the world is this, "how do I know what the will of God is for my life"? One of the problems is that the Bible doesn't make answering that question very easy most of the time, because it rarely just comes right out and says something like, "This is the will of God".

However, in this particular case, you're in luck (as they say), because that's exactly what the Bible does :)

1 Thessalonians 4
3 This is the will of God, your sanctification; that is, that you abstain from sexual immorality;
4 that each of you know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor,
5 not in lustful passion, like the Gentiles who do not know God.​

So, if you want to live a holy rather than sinful life/lifestyle before God, being sexually active before you are married is definitely ~not~ the way you want to go!!

God bless you!

~Deut
p.s. - one bit of practical advice that I can offer you is this, make sure you are never alone with a boy (until you are married ;)). Youth group is a great help with this, and when you date apart from youth group, go on a group date with another couple. If you are trying to live a holy life you need to guard your heart, and this (never allowing yourself to be alone) will definitely help you do that :)

1 Thessalonians 4
7 God has not called us for the purpose of impurity, but in sanctification.
8 So, he who rejects this is not rejecting man, but the God who gives His Holy Spirit to you.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hi @lulu127, here's one more helpful quote from Pastor Mark Driscoll for you to consider.

Jan 27, 2019
I cant quote scripture at you but from my experiences and what Ive seen, sex without love is not going to be as satisfying in your heart and thats why God is needed to strengthen the emotional connection between two people through marriage. You cant get that level of love without Gods help. But God will also forgive you for mistakes when you accept them and ask him to so yknow try to live your life in the best way possible and make the right decisions but if you do make a choice that you later on think was wrong then its not the end of the world. You can always improve, even if you cant change the past.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
At your age, work on making friendships and staying in contact. Someone who is willing to sleep with you before marriage is more likely to cheat on you in marriage.

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina
Clear cut answer and I'm mid 20's. Sex prior to marriage is sin. What does sin, any sin bring us ? Discord with Jesus Christ. Discord leads to problems and unhappiness. Stay in fellowship with Christ. Honor your body as a temple. Just don't do it.

Aug 2, 2009
It's pretty simple... Abtstain from sex, lest u get pregnant. A baby is a lifelong commitment (and they're expensive too). And condoms and birth control don't always work either.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
My Dad's advice was, don't sleep with someone you don't want to be married to(child support, shotgun marriage) and don't sleep with someone you want to marry because you want her to be faithful in marriage --- you also want to avoid the temptation of being unfaithful yourself. My father was murdered trying to add wife number 18 to the fold.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
For those who are not aware, I grew up with a sexton cult which is a fundamentalist mormon sect.

When I became the prophet, I disbanded the cult, today everyone is born again believers.