Predestination is misunderstood...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 23, 2016
It's obvious you're a sheep and not a shepherd, so you must follow your shepherd and please don't give me this "I follow Jesus nonsense" Jesus is in heaven, He hasn't spoken a word to any man for 2000 years. So how can He possibly be your shepherd, when you're an earthbound man and He is in another universe.
Did you read 1 Corinthians chapters 1 through 3?

Here are a some verses from that section ...

1 Corinthians 1:11-13 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

1 Corinthians 3:3-4 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

It is clear from those verses that some followed Paul ... some followed Apollos some followed Cephas ... and this caused division.

I am sure Paul, Apollos, and Cephas (Peter) taught the people to follow the Lord Jesus Christ.

maybe your Minister can explain the concept of following the Lord Jesus Christ to you. It is wholly apparent you'll listen to him.

please name me a single Prophet of God or an Apostle who lived after the12 who Christ ordained. I know you answer already, you can't because they don't exist thank you
the Greek word apostolos simply means a delegate, messenger, one sent forth with orders.

In Philippians, Paul indicated Epaphroditus was an apostle:

Philippians 2:25 Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and companion in labour, and fellowsoldier, but your messenger [Greek apostolos = aspotle], and he that ministered to my wants.

Dec 18, 2023
I think man likes to express they can be macho and longs to be a king.

But in a world of queen's it's not always possible, so this results in a build of frustration, that's get expressed quite heavily in a place of freedom, like an online discussion, I believe its generally because whilst the wife is away man likes to play and act out his burning desire to be a king.

I wouldn't call this today depravity, but I sense that total depravity occured when man hasn't been allowed to express his manhood for a while.

I personaly feal theres a way to keep your self from becoming totally depraved this way. I think it's called learning how to be king of your heart.

I recall a scripture where someone was slobbering and scratching the walls.

I just wonder if he had been hit with a hammer and went of his head for a while

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
They dont believe because Christ didnt die for them as He did His Sheep Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

Believing in Christ comes with the fact He died for you. So if one never believes, its because He never died for them taking away their sins. See His Death takes away sin and its awful consequences 1 Jn 3:5

And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Unbelief is the consequences of sin
8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
I get what you're saying but that doesn't apply in our case. I have called you out and you haven't justified your position by appealing to Gods Word, but in your defense you've have appealed to a man made philosophy and that just doesn't old water.

So I repeat, please name me a single Prophet of God or an Apostle who lived after the12 who Christ ordained. I know you answer already, you can't because they don't exist thank you
The apostles were commanded to teach others to observe all that He had commanded them. The works of an apostle were commanded to them to do. Therefore, regardless of whether their disciples qualified to be called apostles, those disciples have been taught to do the works of an apostle, and many do such works.

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
I believe Moses and Elijah were "fully saved" by grace through faith during their lifetimes.

We, in our day and time, are "fully saved" by grace through faith. The born again ones are sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession (Ephesians 1:13-14).

Born again believers are not waiting to be saved ... we already are saved. We're awaiting the redemption of the purchased possession ... at which point we will be transformed and we shall see Him as He is. Until the redemption of the purchased possession, we are maturing and God is working in us to rid us of things which are not beneficial to us (and we sometimes hang on to what we need to have removed).

Romans 1:17 tells us For in it [the gospel] the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith."

the just shall live by faith ... salvation has always been by faith. It's not from works to faith or from faith to works, but from faith to faith. The justified ones live by faith. It is a continuous walk of faith in this lifetime.

Have you ever looked into the earnest [the arrabōn]? I'd be interested in your understanding if you have any info on that. Thanks!
The earnest is a down-payment that reserves the item for the down-payer until the date set for full payment and transfer of ownership. I have been a down-payer on two houses.

AS I understand it, the down-payer does not have to make the final full payment and take full ownership, if the seller goes through the house before settlement date and trashes the property. There is a certain obligation on us to present an acceptably sanctified body, soul and spirit to the Lord on resurrection day.

PaulThomson

Oct 29, 2023
There is the sin unto death for the believer who alienates himself from God by sinning. 1 Jn 5:16

But, be that as it may. He is still going to be in heaven after he dies....

In that sense.... always saved.
Maybe. Maybe not.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Some of my Scripture panels have daisies in them .:D

John 17:2-3~ You granted Him authority over all people, so that He may give eternal life to all those You have given Him. Now this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, Whom You have sent.:)

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
You still have a problem, sir.

You who claim to know the Greek?
Are without excuse....
If you really do know what it is saying...

Keep in mind.. The Watchtower Society has their battalion of alleged scholars as well...
Too bad the gift to have such an ability can be wasted on some. .

I have known believers who can teach exegetically.
Always edifying... Removing doubt. Not introducing reasons to doubt.

We all know that Satan is an exegete.

Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made.
He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?” Genesis 3:1​

It all began with a command a 5th grader would understand. No deep exegesis needed!

We have the same thing with us today....

Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple.
“If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:
“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’” Matthew 4:5-6​

I'm being careful with you.
I would not be careful if I were not commanded to test the spirits.
Seems by some of the things you have been professing?
That you have been neglecting that command...

Possibly? It just "sits right" with you.... And, you go with it.

Looks like some talent scout has honed in on your ability and has been trying to use you...

Please....Don't allow yourself to be recruited .

careful!

2 Corinthians 11:13-15

For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ.
And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising,
hen, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what
their actions deserve."

Just the same.
We all make mistakes.....
No condemnation intended by me.
Those with the human ability to exegete are targets for recruitment and must be tested.

Ephesians 2:8​
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—
and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

The Father who is omniscient is not going to give His Son a gift, only to take it away later!

In Christ ...............................