Predestination is misunderstood...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Genez

Oct 12, 2017
God predestined in Son Jesus to save us
God chose us not to simply save us.
But, because he knew we would believe? Hechose us in what manner we would be saved. "In Christ."

For not all believers in history were found in the Church. Moses is not the Bride of Christ.

As Adam was first and the woman was hidden in Adam...
So it is now for those in the Church.

For the Church is the Bride of Christ!

Think it over. We shall have a body just like His glorious body when we are resurrected.
Just like His!

And, what did Adam say when the woman was brought to him in Genesis 2:22-23?

Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man,
and he brought her to the man.

The man said,

“This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’
for she was taken out of man.”

And, for us? We shall be bones of His everlasting glorious bones, and everlasting glorious flesh of His everlasting body!

Because we are the Bride of Christ awaiting to be revealed in the Resurrection!
Chosen IN Him before the foundation of the earth. Ephesians 1:4!

The Resurrection will be like the Lord removing flesh and bone from Adam's side...
But it will be OUR GLORIOUS BODIES being made manifest for forever and ever!

Philippians 3:20-21

But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there,
the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything
under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his
glorious body.

That is what we were chosen IN Him for!

We have been predestined to be conformed to His image throughout all eternity!
For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son,
that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters." Romans 8:29​

OT saints will not have a resurrection body like we will.
They are not the Bride......

grace and peace .................

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
But, because he knew we would believe? Hechose us in what manner we would be saved. "In Christ."

For not all believers in history were found in the Church. Moses is not the Bride of Christ.

Think it over. We shall have a body just like His glorious body when we are resurrected.
Just like His!

The man said,
and flesh of my flesh;

And, for us? We shall be bones of His everlasting glorious bones, and everlasting glorious flesh of His everlasting body!

The Resurrection will be like the Lord removing flesh and bone from Adam's side...

Philippians 3:20-21​
under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his
glorious body.

For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son,

You don't believe there is a difference between chosen in Him and chosen to be in Him?

Dec 18, 2023
That means nothing ....
But it makes you feel good, like staring at some shiny object.
Yes your total lack of respect of diminishing repentance as something that is just a change of mind,. Just shows how badly you are in need of reforming.

Obviously your deformed

quote-we-cannot-rely-on-god-s-promises-without-obeying-his-commandments-john-calvin-139-76-54.jpg

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
Im not concerned how the Greeks put repentance into a box with there understanding.

With this change your mind nonsense,

Repentance has to be genuine from the heart not this in your mind rubbish.
I disagree with this, in a way. Repentance is a gift from God, not something we "do" ourselves, so "our" level of sincerity when we are granted repentance can be nothing but in sincerity, His sincerity. So from the human perspective and how we see it from our experience, I agree with you 100%. The only reason I even like making the distinction here is because this was a major area of misunderstanding when I thought I was saved and a Christian and wasn't.

I responded to the alter call, repeated the prayer, and was even baptized to seal it all up, and was as sincere as I could be when doing so. Yet was not saved. Then in contrast and 5 or 6 years later after a motorcycle wreak took all function from my right, and dominant, arm, and after 2 solid years of hating life and wanting to die in every way, except leaving my 2 sons in the world with there heads full of "dad killed himself", not to mention I knew that no other man on earth would love them like I did, I was stuck here hating life.

So on the day I hit my knees in repentance I had no clue what was really going on. All I knew was that "I" couldn't do it anymore and just wanted to quit. When I hit my knees I didn't even have God or Jesus in mind. I thought I'd already "done that" and it didn't help. So I hit my knees broken only seeing my greatness in truth, and when I did I broke down in a blathering mess on the floor. I saw that after 33 years of life on earth I was nothing, with no hope or future, with nothing at all to offer and not only that but was now a burden and embarrassment. I didn't call out Jesus, nor did I tell God I was "ready now", I just realized I couldn't do it in the most painful way. I picked myself up, dried myself off and went to bed.

I woke up the next day and went to work as always, only at lunch it hit me like a ton of bricks, after 2 years of suicidal thoughts at least every 5 minutes of every day going through my head uncontrollably, at lunch it hit me hard "I haven't thought about killing myself all day!!!" At this moment, lunch 9-29-13, I KNEW 2 things, #1 whatever this was, it was from God. #2 Jesus Christ is His Son. This was when I was made new, and why I can testify of NOTHING else but God grants us repentance, because I didn't do it AT ALL, and plus it's what His word says as well. So while I do agree that repentance can only come from a sincere heart, the heart is only sincere because God it pushing it through it.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I disagree with this, in a way. Repentance is a gift from God, not something we "do" ourselves, so "our" level of sincerity when we are granted repentance can be nothing but in sincerity, His sincerity. So from the human perspective and how we see it from our experience, I agree with you 100%. The only reason I even like making the distinction here is because this was a major area of misunderstanding when I thought I was saved and a Christian and wasn't.

I responded to the alter call, repeated the prayer, and was even baptized to seal it all up, and was as sincere as I could be when doing so. Yet was not saved. Then in contrast and 5 or 6 years later after a motorcycle wreak took all function from my right, and dominant, arm, and after 2 solid years of hating life and wanting to die in every way, except leaving my 2 sons in the world with there heads full of "dad killed himself", not to mention I knew that no other man on earth would love them like I did, I was stuck here hating life.

So on the day I hit my knees in repentance I had no clue what was really going on. All I knew was that "I" couldn't do it anymore and just wanted to quit. When I hit my knees I didn't even have God or Jesus in mind. I thought I'd already "done that" and it didn't help. So I hit my knees broken only seeing my greatness in truth, and when I did I broke down in a blathering mess on the floor. I saw that after 33 years of life on earth I was nothing, with no hope or future, with nothing at all to offer and not only that but was now a burden and embarrassment. I didn't call out Jesus, nor did I tell God I was "ready now", I just realized I couldn't do it in the most painful way. I picked myself up, dried myself off and went to bed.

I woke up the next day and went to work as always, only at lunch it hit me like a ton of bricks, after 2 years of suicidal thoughts at least every 5 minutes of every day going through my head uncontrollably, at lunch it hit me hard "I haven't thought about killing myself all day!!!" At this moment, lunch 9-29-13, I KNEW 2 things, #1 whatever this was, it was from God. #2 Jesus Christ is His Son. This was when I was made new, and why I can testify of NOTHING else but God grants us repentance, because I didn't do it AT ALL, and plus it's what His word says as well. So while I do agree that repentance can only come from a sincere heart, the heart is only sincere because God it pushing it through it.
An encouraging testimony.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
I responded to the alter call, repeated the prayer, and was even baptized to seal it all up, and was as sincere as I could be when doing so. Yet was not saved.
So you went to the alter without feeling the conviction of God?

Dec 18, 2023

conviction is gift from God repentance is what you have to do, and it ain't don't by changing your mind.

Dec 18, 2023

repentance mean to turn from wicked ways

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012

Just like His!

The man said,
and flesh of my flesh;

Philippians 3:20-21​
glorious body.

Thank You, God knows what God is allowing and doing forever, thank you Farther Psalms 100:4, 103:12, Ezekiel 36:26
Grace and peace back in Father and Son to you too

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
foe weeks you have preached a false Calvin belief that people cant respond to God in fallen state

This is not true calvin
I've never claimed to be a Calvinist, nor have I ever claimed anything on behalf of Calvin. You and others are obsessed with Calvin. You see Calvinism under every rock.
Now...show me where I have represented or misrepresented Calvin in any way. Otherwise, you are bearing false witness.

Dec 18, 2023
I've never claimed to be a Calvinist, nor have I ever claimed anything on behalf of Calvin. You and others are obsessed with Calvin. You see Calvinism under every rock.
Now...show me where I have represented or misrepresented Calvin in any way. Otherwise, you are bearing false witness.
Calvin is one of Christianity leading church fathers.

Calvin did not teach people can't hear God who are fallen

Only you is teaching this from the tulip,..which is not Calvin.

You have been preaching false Calvin for weeks.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Calvin is one of Christianity leading church fathers.

Calvin did not teach people can't hear God who are fallen

Only you is teaching this from the tulip,..which is not Calvin.

You have been preaching false Calvin for weeks.
I haven't said anything about Calvin. I've merely expressed my understanding of scripture. You brought in Calvin, not me. I preach Christ and Him crucified.
You have Calvin Derangement Syndrome.

Dec 18, 2023
I haven't said anything about Calvin. I've merely expressed my understanding of scripture. You brought in Calvin, not me. I preach Christ and Him crucified.
You have Calvin Derangement Syndrome.
You have no conviction syndrome.

And also your in the crowd that Calvin couldn't reform. The ones who turned Calvins teachings into heresy.

So also you probably have un reformed catholic syndrome

Stroll on yes please 😊