I suppose I will post this on this thread as well, since there are 10000 threads of predestination debates lol
If you look at Romans 8:29, it seems pretty clear to me that He has predestined His purposes and plan in our lives. This is very different than predestining our choices. God can have (predestine) an amazing purpose and plan for our life, but we still have to decide if we want to choose and embrace it.
Romans 8:29
This is a popular verse for a Calvinist to use. There's only one problem, if you read the whole verse and not just half of it, it is clear that what is being predestined is "to become conformed to the image of His Son." Again God has a predestined plan for us, and He has set everything in place for us to succeed if we choose to follow Him. Additionally, Paul isn't even talking about us becoming saved. He is writing a letter to the Romans about those amongst them who are already saved, and God's predestined plan for them to be conformed into the image of Jesus. The whole book of Romans seems to be for the purpose of instructing them to keep them from choosing/straying into legalism and sinfulness. Using this verse to prove predestined choices is absurd. Can you imagine Paul saying, "oh by the way you were predestined by God, so your choices, they were determined by God before hand, yet this whole letter I am writing to you is an exhortation to make Godly choices." As you can see this doesn't make too much sense.
There are other verses that Calvinists use, but I think I have beaten this dead horse enough already.
Conclusion: God predestines the plans and the destiny He wants for us, but not our choice to go along with it. We make that decision.